Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There are guys that spend 23 hours a day like this for years. One more hour would be cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I did read it. I'm assuming the things included/excluded were negotiated and not everything stated were rules. Guy might have wanted to go hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm. You are aware that there are whole communities in the Arctic Circle that don't see the sun for several months at a time?
    Yea, they ARTIFICIALLY live there. With the lack of sunlight, people have severe vitamin D deficiency. They take supplements to counteract the lack of sunlight, whereas a prisoner doesn't get anything. Also not to sound like a psychologist, but nature vs nurture would play a huge role here. If someone grew up living for months in the dark, it wouldn't seem like a drastic change. I'm assuming this poker player hasn't gone days without sunlight, so this should be a pretty extreme change for him. Mix it all together and I bet he won't be fine by the end of the 30 days.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    There are guys that spend 23 hours a day like this for years. One more hour would be cake.
    Solitary confinement with no light is massively different than with light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the only thing I would take issue with is the zero light thing, make it just low light and I could probably do it. One of my first jobs was a forest watchman for Fish and game where they would send you out to a raised glass cabin for 10-20 days at a time by your self to monitor things like poachers and fires. You did have a phone to report things but to be honest I think I used that thing less then 5 times over my time in that job. Ya It can get old after a while but as long as you're comfortable, healthy, and eating well you can get by. The Hardest part would be my longing to be with my wife and kids, but for 100k I could probably just consider it a long work trip or something. Admittedly I have always been one to talk with my self so I have never been dependent on others for mental stimulation...

I would but it is not worth 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Yea, they ARTIFICIALLY live there. With the lack of sunlight, people have severe vitamin D deficiency. They take supplements to counteract the lack of sunlight, whereas a prisoner doesn't get anything. Also not to sound like a psychologist, but nature vs nurture would play a huge role here. If someone grew up living for months in the dark, it wouldn't seem like a drastic change. I'm assuming this poker player hasn't gone days without sunlight, so this should be a pretty extreme change for him. Mix it all together and I bet he won't be fine by the end of the 30 days.
    No that is not true lol, Natives eat a diet that is naturally rich in D. Poker player dude can/should do the same, or supplement. Also fat soluable vitamin deficiency happens over time (like several months), he will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    No that is not true lol, Natives eat a diet that is naturally rich in D. Poker player dude can/should do the same, or supplement. Also fat soluable vitamin deficiency happens over time (like several months), he will be fine.
    But what if they don't like fish? Hmmm?! Catch 22. Ain't no vitamin D enriched foods up there.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll have trouble wiping his ass. Let's hope he doesn't mistake the toilet for a chair.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    But what if they don't like fish? Hmmm?! Catch 22. Ain't no vitamin D enriched foods up there.
    Seal, whale, and walrus fat are all high in D.

I could and if someone wants to strike this bet with me, bring em on!

After thinking about it, only the perception of time would be an issue. But since I could just count meals, thats all fine.

Even just being solitary without being in complete darkness and ways to amuse yourself would be extremely difficult for a straight month, even for people who consider themselves introverted or even asocial would struggle to stay sane in that kind of situation.

Now do that in pitch black darkness with nothing to do? The people saying "lol I could do that" probably wouldn't even last a day. This is nightmare level shit. Even if they survived a month, the damage it would do to them would effectively ruin their lives. In pitch darkness it could very easily damage eyes too. This is one of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

Could you physically survive it? Sure. Could you tolerate living this way? Hell no. Only a fool would think something like this is even remotely doable. If that guy has someone take on his bet, well, he's going to wish he hadn't made it. He'll suffer and lose the money in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Could you last a month? No internet? Pitch black?

I don't know if I could, but for a $100k I would try.
    Given your 31000 posts in 4 years , my wager to you would be whether or not you could refrain from posting for 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    Given your 31000 posts in 4 years , my wager to you would be whether or not you could refrain from posting for 30 days.
    I'll take that wager. How much are you offering?

I'll take that wager. How much are you offering?
    You have only 24k posts over 6 years, you’re a veritable recluse in comparison. In your case I’d have to make it harder for you and insist that you must read every Skroe and Co post daily and STILL not comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    You have only 24k posts over 6 years, you’re a veritable recluse in comparison. In your case I’d have to make it harder for you and insist that you must read every Skroe and Co post daily and STILL not comment.
    Oh damn. I withdraw my offer. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    If he went through with it he would be blind. Our eyes need light and when deprived of it believe you do go blind with no exposure.
    that takes much longer than 30 days to happen or something other than JUST a lack of exposure.

Such drastic changes in human physiology do NOT occur in a short time period that covers a single lunar cycle.

Are you kidding me? If I could do this would be the easiest 100k I ever made, I love to be in the dark and by myself.

Isolation sure, 100% darkness would be harder since I can't exactly echo-locate myself some food, or the toilet, and basic hygiene in general might be impossible. Complete sensory deprivation on the other hand would lead to insanity within a few days.

I wouldn't make it , my thoughts get pretty dark even when I'm at home normally , 100% dark with no way of knowing the passing of time would be deadly for me , if i had to take a shit or piss on the ground where i'd inevitably step or sleep too it would be kin to torture.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    30 days is not a typical punishment. It's like few days to a week in 99% of situations. 30 days is basically a torture. But the biggest part is not solitary confinement itself, but sensory disorientation in absolute darkness for all this time.
    In a week you would feel like you're there for a month without any cues from outside.
    Uhh from the prison shows on Netflix said that it can be up to 30 days depending, but idk if they make up stuff.