Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky Destiny players.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    it's too late, as for Blizzard.
    Blizzard IS Activision so they can't just leave like Bungie.

However, I am keeping my hopes up. A split has to be at least suggested by investors considering how bad PR has gotten since Activision's involvement and stock prices. Keep voting with your wallet. As long as Activision gouges Blizzard and continues to run it into the ground, it will have people that matter hoping for a change.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean I highly doubt Activision were the reason Destiny 2 ended up being so bad.
    Activision says how much bungie has to earn with Destiny 2. Do you think that Evermore Store disaster was because Bungie wanted to abuse their players? I dont think so... the investors/Publishers say what you have to do. They may not say exactly WHAT you have to do but you have to meet the expectations of the Publisher/Investors. And we all now that Publishers (EA/Activision especially) are the cancer in the gaming industry. THEY are the reason for the pay2win lootboxes/mtx that went totally out of controll because of their greediness.

Exactly what I though would happen is happening, take a careless approach for several years with their development until the stock drops enough then Bobby can buy more of the company back for dirt cheap and slowly pull their way out of the stock market and become the sole owner of the company as a whole. Then it can all be blamed on poor management and leadership and no one gets in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Too bad it's too late for Blizzard...
    i love how you ignore the fact that it is fact blizzard doing this to themselves. relax all will be fine. big bad activision isnt at fault, blizzard management is

- - - Updated - - -

this is literally non-news. I actually expected bungie to do this a while back. they basically use activision to get exposure now that they have that theyre going on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    Holy shit you're in your 20s with language skills like that. Perhaps reinvest back into some English lessons. Like, even if you're ESL or ETL, it is still god awful. Please, educate yourself while you still have time, then maybe you can contribute to the technology world instead of being perceived as a moron.

Oh, and by the by, that comment about mobas, you realize the whole concept of WCDotA / Aeon of Strife (oh who am I kidding you've never touched either of those games) was/is about a team vs a team, right? That's why you have 4 other people with you? I think you're confusing moba genre with call of duty.
    Why bash someone instead of just talking about the talking points? You made mistakes yourself. It is "God" not god. Deities are always capitalized. Your use of the comma after "time" was incorrect as well. It would sound like Please then maybe. It should have been Please educate yourself then the comma. Let us not forget about the end of your rant. "I think you're confusing moba" should be "the moba genre". Call of Duty isn't a genre either. That would be the FPS genre.

Worry about your own grammatical prowess before you bash others for no reason, k kiddo? This way, in the future, you won't look like a jack ass while downing others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SimmerRift View Post
    Please let this be a fucking sign. I know the odds are so so incredibly negligable, but if this proves companies can split away from activision, then maybe, just maybe there's a CHANCE of getting the real blizzard back.

Good on Bungie. If they don't pull the greedy bullshit once they're seperated with their next installment or game, then I have high hopes for them.
    Why do people keep parroting this shit?

Activision didn't walk up to blizzard and tell them "yea I think you should put the azerite armor system into BfA" or "KEK! GATE FLYING BEHIND CHIEVEMENTS dur!!".

Come on maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Blizzard has to meet certain criteria and numbers. We all get that, but blizzard is responsible for their own design and systems in game. Period. They make the call on what to put in when and where.
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2019-01-11 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Why do you want to buy Activision games anyway? Everything they produce is fucking hot microtransaction filled garbage these days.
    Wish people would just boycott these publishers that are poisoning the industry so they can fucking die out already.
    why? because I can, I have the option, I have the choice to do what I want, you dont have to if you dont want to, its up to you.
    I have WoW gold that I get for almost nothing but a little time here and there. its free to me, and to have the option buy more games with free gold, i'd gladly take that all day

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    activision and blizzard where merged like 4 years before pandaria released so..... in fact blizzard hasn't had a high quality expansion since they were their own entity....wrath of the lich king. activision merged with blizzard, july of 2008. the shit storm cataclysm was released in july 2009. pandaria in 2012.
    In your opinion, you're making that argument to someone that considers WOTLK to be overrated by a mile and remembers perfectly well the shitstorms going on back then too. So no, I don't agree that they "haven't done a high quality expansion since WOTLK". WOTLK was mediocre outside of Arthas, and even the value of his story arch is subjective.

MoP + Legion stepped up and showed what the game can be when done right. And I hold Blizzard responsible for when the ball is dropped, rather than resorting to the usual asinine "Cuz Activision!!!"-fallacy.

So why is this in the WoW forums instead of the general topics? o.O
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    Holy shit you're in your 20s with language skills like that. Perhaps reinvest back into some English lessons. Like, even if you're ESL or ETL, it is still god awful. Please, educate yourself while you still have time, then maybe you can contribute to the technology world instead of being perceived as a moron.

Oh, and by the by, that comment about mobas, you realize the whole concept of WCDotA / Aeon of Strife (oh who am I kidding you've never touched either of those games) was/is about a team vs a team, right? That's why you have 4 other people with you? I think you're confusing moba genre with call of duty.
    Are those games as big as league of legends though? The game that pushed solo queue and outgrew every game your talking about. Why would I care about games that don't exist, are so smalll hardly anyone plays them, or are on life support... Using appeals to authority or tradition is something retards try. We use to live in huts or shit outdoors but now we have indoor plumbing which is way more sanitary. If those games developers were in touch with the majority of players and so great they'd be appeal to the most players possible. The problem is they fucking aren't and aren't worth resources needed to modernize them.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=MalfLFT;50716191]
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    To die a slow death the game was less popular than overwatch which was a brand new ip with new character. Heroes on the other hand had free advertising from other games character but still failed. Heroes is a shit tier game that needs a rework to be succesful. The problem with heroes is that blizzard is in love with heavily team based games nobody who plays a moba like the team aspect or at least the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean almost everything you stated are false. Hots was not a failure, Hots was a failure because it was Blizzards game. Any other company would give their left nut to have the third biggest moba on the market.

Claiming that people who play moba's don't like teamplay is just stupid man. Its a god damn team game, all of them are. However, I do agree that it was advertised wrong and they should have focused more on competitive play. Blizzard is not in love with teamplay, they are in love with casual play, which is what killed hots.(apart from activisions failures that forces them to cut cost)

Even after they gutted the esports scene it is many many many times bigger than the closest competitor and if you don't compare with League it still have a very healthy player base(Not that i cannot be felt that 50% of the good players left overnight)

Your response is the classic reasoning that anyone who never got into hots give about hots. Heroes of the Storm is a very misunderstood game that is honestly the best Blizzard has produced since Vanilla Wow.
    Do you have a source on hots being the third biggest moba in the world?

It's true one of the man reason people hate league are toxicity, game length, and how much of an impact others have on there game. Riot pushed solo queue hardcore and outgrew everything.

Fornite outgrew league because it fixed problems as well no matter what your rating is queues are instant. Games length is as small as possible and players are free to leave at anytime.

Moba actively punish you for things that are completely out of your control and heroes unlike most made those problems worse with there heavy team based focus.

The game wasn't just advertise poorly but has design problems and retention issues. No casual games makes playing with friends mandatory to climb effectively. League copied that approach and finally stagnant enough for fortnite to take over. Blizzard design every game they make around premades and teamwork except starcraft II. Everyone of these games is either stagnant or dieing. There is a pattern.

The moment ghostcrawler joined riot they just made choices that pushed players away.

Riot only needed to start advertising and really pushing the game after the changes made in season 7. Because they redesigned the game around premades by adding flex and diluding the punishments for uncoordinated group play. Also the tank meta needs to just die 4 tanks being ok is complete bullshit. When assassin stacking and mage stacking are instantly nerfed while tanks are even more cancerous. Tanks have everything and are so oppressive they force everyone to play a tank. The lose the most player during that meta honestly every game does but every company can't seem to understand why nobody fucking likes tanks. It's obvious as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post

However, I am keeping my hopes up. A split has to be at least suggested by investors considering how bad PR has gotten since Activision's involvement and stock prices. Keep voting with your wallet. As long as Activision gouges Blizzard and continues to run it into the ground, it will have people that matter hoping for a change.
    I'm not because a split won't do shit blizzard is a as much of the problem as activision. They're completely out of touch and always have been.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-01-12 at 01:10 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post

Blizzard is part of the foundation of ATVI's income, and that income pays the dividends for ATVI stock. Investors are NOT going to demand that ATVI cut loose the basis of the reason for holding the stock in the first place. When Blizzard is costing ATVI money is when they would start to demand that. Blizzard isn't even remotely close to that. Blizzard is still a profitable company, they're just not growing according to expectations.

IF ANYTHING, if ATVI continues to have problems (and they will, from what it looks like for releases for 2019 across the board), what they will do first is call for new leadership, and ask Kotick to step down. The Board can vote to remove him as CEO. I'm not sure what Kotick's personal stake in ATVI stock-wise, but he can be removed if his actions have impacted the performance of the company.

Blizzard being cut loose from ATVI is a pipe dream, right now. To even hope for it is flatly ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    You may have misread my post.

I said they'd need to spin-off the company for that to happen. When a company is spun off into a new separate and stand-alone publicly traded entity, yes, there are shares issued at the time of spin-off. And the original company spinning off the unit will often retain a portion of ownership via shares.
    That's utterly pipe dream territory.

First thing atvi should do is fire Bobby kotick on Monday. Dude has no idea about anything video games.

Secondly, hire a video gamer as the new ceo. One who puts gameplay and quality ahead of shareholders.

Third, tell the shareholders that growth every quarter is unsustainable and that slow and steady wins the race with gamers.

Game stocks aren’t like other tech stocks; once gamers blacklist you it becomes hard to get them to give a second chance and a lot of game companies just go under once they lose the PR battle.

Atvi is not too big to fail, and kotick is half the problem. He’s created a corporate profit culture instead of a culture of fun and games

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not that simple, Bungie was still a separate entity. Blizzard Entertainment as a company no longer exists, they're not "owned by Activision" they are wholly a PART of the Activision Blizzard company. All the devs could break off and form their own company, but they would lose all the IP that is owned by ActiBlizz as well as the ability to use Blizzard as a namesake.
    No they truly weren't. Annual expectations and deadlines were all forced by Activision. Those are the things that make games and expansions shitty. I really wish people would understand business and business deals better.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No they truly weren't. Annual expectations and deadlines were all forced by Activision. Those are the things that make games and expansions shitty. I really wish people would understand business and business deals better.
    Except yea, they were. Activision only had rights to destiny publishing, not to the destiny IP as whole or any other part of bungie. They could push annual expectations and deadlines, sure, because it was THEIR money on the line. But the couldn't do anything else with bungie, they couldn't force them to shut down, they couldn't force them to make any other games, and they didn't have any rights to any other IP bungie came up with during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicus View Post
    one could hope this would happen, cuz fuck activision and fuck every idiot responsible for blizzards downfall
    But who is really left now at Blizzard - people Activision added in. The core of Blizzard as we know it is all gone.

So can we get rid of that shitty game from launcher finally?

10+ Year Old Account
    Acti-Blizz is doing great. Just like Blizzard, which is pretty much shadow of what has been. I hope we do get more mobile games from all Blizzard IP's, reskinned at NetEase and released as quickly as possible. Honestly though, anyone surprised that Blizzard got the BioWare treatment at Activision's hands?

On a completely other note though, anyone think we'll get any more BlizzCon's since 2018 fiasco?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    On a completely other note though, anyone think we'll get any more BlizzCon's since 2018 fiasco?
    Cancelling Blizzcon's forever over one product announcement that didn't go the way they expected seems like an overreaction.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I mean. They only had publishing rights. Not like they dictated how the game was going to be. The contract ran out and it was not renewed. Nothing will change for destiny 2 and nothging will change for their next games, except it won't be on the battle.net launcher.

Not saying that i like activision. I hate them for what they did to cod. But blaming them for everything bad that happens in gaming is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Cancelling Blizzcon's forever over one product announcement that didn't go the way they expected seems like an overreaction.
    I'm kind of surprised anyone would assume that would get a positive response in any way... let alone as something supposed to build hype after hinting at Diablo.

It really shows how out of touch they are, hopefully it served as a wake-up call. But I digress... obviously it wouldn't cancel Blizzcons.