Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dunno, how about we stop supporting the political party who is blatantly anti-intellectual and constantly doing what they can to harm the nation as a whole for the benefit of a few?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    We have mass incarceration, greed, opioid epidemic, political extremism
    Most of which already existed for decades and others centuries. The difference being today is that more people are being heard and the wrongdoings that have been happening in this "free" country by ignorant whites and/or greedy rich. Most of the "insanity" you claim of there being present is simply that certain people are no longer getting it their way in when it comes to freely abusing others who are not like them in this "free" country.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    "I dont claim that one is necessarily superior over the other"
    accurate.

"lets remove people and there ideals from existance" whoa there hitler
    what end of who's ass did you pull this bullshit from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tax the ultra-rich, reduce the Pentagon's budget by 10% and invest in health, education, and infrastructure which will put people to work. That's a start.

We ought to give some really hard thought to the way we choose candidates as well. Primaries are more democratic but when only the edges of the parties vote you get very bad choices.

Also, eliminate the electoral college, federalize the voting infrastructure so there aren't 50 different systems in place and place congressional redistricting in the hands of non-partisan commissions.

Prison system should not be for-profit.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'd like to deprogram the republican base. I interact with them locally and it's truly astonishing how they live in an alternate reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suspending Trump supporters right to vote until they can write a detailed essay explaining why they were wrong to support Trump would be a good start.

Given the rampant anti-intellectualism infesting the GOPs base, I doubt any of them would be able to get it done, though.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Maybe, to balance out the colonialist foundation of the USA, traditionally privileged groups should be excluded for maybe a couple of centuries but at least a couple of decades out of politics, so that groups that formerly were excluded from political participation and became marginalized by american society through that have the opportunity to fix the damage that was inflicted on them.
    Last edited by Shiza-Chan; 2019-01-12 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza-Chan View Post
    Maybe, to balance out the white supremacist foundation of the USA, whites should be excluded for maybe a couple of centuries but at least a couple of decades out of politics, so that minorities have the opportunity to fix the damage that was inflicted on them.
    Race baiting isnt allowed.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Race baiting isnt allowed.
    Edited it.

Edited it.
    Fuck off you useless cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by grassmoo View Post
    It's not my problem that your nation was founded by slaveholding white supremacists and rapists. The rapists part even being factually true, Thomas Jefferson raped his slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Since 2014 politics has gone completely insane! We have mass incarceration, greed, opioid epidemic, political extremism, etc.

America seems like a dystopian hellscape.

What can be done to give us a happy ending to all of this madness?

Do we need active grassroots political movements to get the ruling class to start giving a damn?

What the hell is going on?
    Education.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Constitutional carry in all 50 states. It would be violent for a couple years but once the prolonged purge is over with things will be pretty nice.
    In my old reality America had 51 stars on it's flag.

I wonder which state that got removed?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by grassmoo View Post
    I don't know if I agree entirely with Shiza's post, but I am so fucking delighted that it triggered this guy's one and only post. I wonder who his main is, and whether he's customized his MAGA hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, to balance out the colonialist foundation of the USA, traditionally privileged groups should be excluded for maybe a couple of centuries but at least a couple of decades out of politics, so that groups that formerly were excluded from political participation and became marginalized by american society through that have the opportunity to fix the damage that was inflicted on them.
    Do to the whites, what the whites did to everyone else?

Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. All this is is role-reversal dressed up as pretend justice.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. All this is is role-reversal dressed up as pretend justice.
    The privileged majority failed to give up their power and privileges and implement an equal society. Where are the reparations for the descendants of former slaves anf for native americans? So yeah, maybe it needs a reversal of power structures for a set amount of time to fix the damage that was done by racist policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

I am convinced that is a trol account trying to parody social justice or something like that. Very few actuslly create an account to post in the off topic section of a fan website dedicated to an mmorpg.

Deleted
    put all the non-native americans into walled off reservations and restore the native americans to power

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    We need a huge shift towards the widespread adoption of traditional ideals like family, marriage, religion, community, etc.
    so this is a genuine question and not the thin mask of discourse being disguised as an insult so common to both the internet and forums:
    how exactly would that help anything?
    i don't see how that's a solution to any of the problems that are present in the world either socially, technologically, or environmentally.
    i understand that this is a position many people have, but it sounds quite a bit to me like "hey the house is on fire what should we should?" and then suggesting "use fastidious habits of coupon-clipping and only shop during sales to help reduce your monthly budgets on sink sponges."

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    so this is a genuine question and not the thin mask of discourse being disguised as an insult so common to both the internet and forums:
    how exactly would that help anything?
    i don't see how that's a solution to any of the problems that are present in the world either socially, technologically, or environmentally.
    i understand that this is a position many people have, but it sounds quite a bit to me like "hey the house is on fire what should we should?" and then suggesting "use fastidious habits of coupon-clipping and only shop during sales to help reduce your monthly budgets on sink sponges."
    The question that was presented is "How do we restore sanity back to America?" and the OP went into detail that he was talking specifically about political hysteria.

Viewing this from the perspective of Near/Far, it seems like the cause of this interest and polarization is that many people lack a connection with their immediate surroundings and so they pay more attention to and get worked up over, larger nationwide and international phenomena.

Most people associate the things I've said with Christian conservatives but the fact of the matter is the people who get married and have kids as well as end up with fulfilling jobs and communities tend to be upper-middle class liberals. They just don't preach what they practice.