Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still feel like Regeneratin' is just going to be too strong if it's allowed in arenas. It's basically a Lay on Hands in 4 seconds time but with just a 1.5 minute cooldown.

If the opposing side has no DoT classes: Just run off, get others to CC them so they can't catch up, hide behind a pillar and heal up. Every 1.5 minute.

Paladins: Bubble on low health and use it. Only a priest can remove it - but by the time they actually get to it, so much healing has been done already.
    Rogues: Cloak of Shadows, Vanish/sprint, get behind pillar, heal up.
    Mage: Blink blink, iceblock if dots are there then cancel dots, pop the heal.
    And these are just the classes who can get rid of the dots -IF- the enemy team even has any. If not, basically everyone can abuse it. I just feel that if Lay on Hands can't be allowed in Arenas due to how strong it is (At least THAT causes forbearance so you can't use divine shield for a while and has a 7.5 minute cooldown WITH reduction talent), this racial shouldn't really be allowed either.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    i really liked BfA. but i happily collect things and when i look at island expeditions.. i just cannot bring myself to log in for that or anything atm.
    It's the same for me mostly... or well, I don't like the faction conflict arc that much, they always end up the weakest story arcs. But yes, with islands... I love the concept, I don't mind grinding, and yet they are just so boring to repeat (why are they even about beating a timer, to ensure they have to be samey each time for balance?!) and mostly there for the anti-fun "reward" that is azerite...

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    i really liked BfA. but i happily collect things and when i look at island expeditions.. i just cannot bring myself to log in for that or anything atm.
    Main thing i been doing right now is islands lol everybody like different things and thats ok.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-01-11 at 02:55 PM.

Why the nerf of Island expeditions to knock backs and mist ? That's what made it interesting... Stop nerfing everything Blizz, the game is getting reaaalllll boring...

It should be a HoT that regenerates 25% HP but it should ramp up the potency over like 6 seconds so it gives people a chance to do some damage and counter it before it heals more and more, and make it like a 3 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cholerabob View Post
    Why the nerf of Island expeditions to knock backs and mist ? That's what made it interesting... Stop nerfing everything Blizz, the game is getting reaaalllll boring...
    Are you being facetious? Knockbacks add zero difficulty. They just make the game super annoying. It interrupts casting and makes the game feel super slow for casters. Even for melee it's awful. The spinning/knock-back mobs in Voldun make me hate doing Champions of Azeroth WQs so much that I will actively try to avoid them like I do with Beachhead quests for the Tortollan.

I for one welcome our non-knockback overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Not sure, haven't done much alliance islands. It's the monk / hunter / DK team. They have 3 stuns, binding shot, 3 interrupts and they heal a bunch.
    Did some mythic islands yday, we tunneled the mistweaver, she dies, we tunnel the hunter, he dies, the dk doesn't die for several minutes, we try to ignore him and move on, he keeps chasing us half the map, gripping and stunning on cd, so we decide to kill him and have to pop every dps cd we have to burst him down (team was prot warrior, havoc dh and bm hunter). His bonestorm was healing him to full in seconds, to compare player's bonestorm heals 15% of your hp per tick but only if you have 5 enemies on you, from 2 melee on him it should be only be 6%.

I sure can't self heal on my 380 blood dk as much as this guy does.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    zandalari racial was OP as fuck now its completely worthless in pvp and useless overall. better not have a DoT on ya. they just couldn't balance it, they just had to fuck it away.
    You're kidding me right? It's still fucking OP especially for Rogues and other classes that can remove DoTs like paladins, it's essentially a lay on hands lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    You're kidding me right? It's still fucking OP especially for Rogues and other classes that can remove DoTs like paladins, it's essentially a lay on hands lol.
    Those Zandalari racials need some severe tuning down.

Lay on Hands that breaks on damage, 90 second CD, only heals at 1 second increments, requires channeling for 4 seconds, and disallows movement while using.

Rogue stealths and removes dots
    Rogue uses regeneratin
    0.8 seconds later - rogue has healed 0% health and CD is reset to 90 seconds
    Racial 100% useless

or

Rogue uses regeneratin
    1.7 seconds later - rogue has healed 25% health and CD is reset to 90 seconds (around one potion). 1-3 people in arena or 5+ people in BGs/World PvP continue to wail on low-health rogue.

Dont know what arenas people play where people are undisturbed for 4 seconds at a time when they are under 50% health. You're either ignored/CCed and at full health or you're being hunted by 1 or more people. Often the entire team is focusing fire on you. The channel also doesn't work on movement so good luck getting even one tick. if they guess where you are going, then probably zero. If they don't, that might buy you 1 second with a slight change of 2.
    Last edited by raviadso; 2019-01-11 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Best of luck to you using the ztroll racial on another party member without triggering the gcd.
    Best of luck to you trying to kill a team of ztrolls to help CC and use the racial to full extent with one another

"Developers’ notes: Following up on recent community feedback that we requested, a number of quality-of-life concerns led us to changes that we intend to address many frustrating combat experiences with certain Island ecologies"

Unless that thread massively changed since I read it, that vast majority of that thread was that the non AP rewards STILL have an abysmal drop and the not shared caveat to the dubloon vendor was that you rarely get dubloons now.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    "Developers’ notes: Following up on recent community feedback that we requested, a number of quality-of-life concerns led us to changes that we intend to address many frustrating combat experiences with certain Island ecologies"

Unless that thread massively changed since I read it, that vast majority of that thread was that the non AP rewards STILL have an abysmal drop and the not shared caveat to the dubloon vendor was that you rarely get dubloons now.
    They can't up the drop rates, or the 30 people in the world still doing Islands would quit after a week because they got all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by raviadso View Post
    Lay on Hands that breaks on damage, 90 second CD, only heals at 1 second increments, requires channeling for 4 seconds, and disallows movement while using.

Rogue uses regeneratin
    0.8 seconds later - rogue has healed 0% health and CD is reset to 90 seconds
    Racial 100% useless

or

Rogue uses regeneratin
    1.7 seconds later - rogue has healed 25% health and CD is reset to 90 seconds (around one potion). 1-3 people in arena or 5+ people in BGs/World PvP continue to wail on low-health rogue.

Dont know what arenas people play where people are undisturbed for 4 seconds at a time when they are under 50% health. You're either ignored/CCed and at full health or you're being hunted by 1 or more people. Often the entire team is focusing fire on you. The channel also doesn't work on movement so good luck getting even one tick. if they guess where you are going, then probably zero. If they don't, that might buy you 1 second with a slight change of 2.
    No offense, but what's your higher MMR? It's actually fairly common for this to happen, doesn't happens always but some classes allow this kind of cheesy play.

In your case (which is a really weak argument because a literal infinite amount of things can happen, so...), a good Rogue will just stealth, and use that behind a pillar. That's it, guess what? Rogue is now at least close to full health and you eat a dick. If it's 1v1, Rogue can also vanish -> sap you and regenerate in front of your face. For Paladins it is a free top after a bubble so long as the shield doesn't get dispelled. Many other classes have some sort of get away button, if we're talking team play your teammates can even help out. It's just a really broken racial overall.

As a healer, this also saves you mana whether you or someone in your team uses it. The ONLY thing that would diminish this racial is dampening and even still it's not that much of a hit so long as the arena hasn't lasted for 10+ minutes.

I cant honestly belivie people are defending regenation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholerabob View Post
    Are you even playin the game? They spawn like million of orbs and ping pong you around like in a flipper. Not to mention they only nerfed normal and heroic so if you want the "challenge" theres still mythic.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-01-12 at 12:45 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

but there is one good news

nerfed racial -> no need to buy race change

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Did some mythic islands yday, we tunneled the mistweaver, she dies, we tunnel the hunter, he dies, the dk doesn't die for several minutes, we try to ignore him and move on, he keeps chasing us half the map, gripping and stunning on cd, so we decide to kill him and have to pop every dps cd we have to burst him down (team was prot warrior, havoc dh and bm hunter). His bonestorm was healing him to full in seconds, to compare player's bonestorm heals 15% of your hp per tick but only if you have 5 enemies on you, from 2 melee on him it should be only be 6%.

I sure can't self heal on my 380 blood dk as much as this guy does.
    obviously the guy who liked knockbacks did not play as much islands

Only played melees in BfA and it was super annoying to get pushed back all the time, even with proper mobility. It made islands less enjoyable.

There are some wqs mobs with knockbacks, too.....no challenge still very annoying.

Devs should reduce knockbacks in PvP, too, never saw so many on classes that never had them before.

BfK - Battle for Knockbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaorc View Post
    I wasn't until they nerfed it already with break on damage so its balanced now gg well done blizzard!

Who cares. Zandalari Trolls are still going to be 1/8th the amount of players as blood elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaorc View Post
    I honestly don't even care how OP it is as long as it makes people play Trolls on the fuckin Horde. So sick of 60% elves.