Thread: Reaping Affix

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    When you fail the timer you get a 20% hp and damage boost.

I don't understand why Blizzard would reward failure by making the dungeons even easier than they already are.
    My guess is they added it because you're no longer able to delete keystones. At high keys you'll often get stuck with dead keys which are near impossible to finish. This will allow you to finish the dungeon and get a different key.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    My guess is they added it because you're no longer able to delete keystones. At high keys you'll often get stuck with dead keys which are near impossible to finish. This will allow you to finish the dungeon and get a different key.
    You can still derank keys though, the same way people did it in legion, it's just less convenient.

This will allow you to finish the dungeon and get a different key.
    People will just reset it or if it was pug, just leave.

Lets be honest guys, when challenge modes were out, you weren't satisfied with just silver. Quick restart and you could try again.

Now you just can't.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-01-12 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skipping waves should not be possible, it's an abuse which will be mandatory. Other than that, I like that affix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    People will just reset it or if it was pug, just leave.
    They will have more incentive to stay now. I would try to finish any key because of a chance to get nice TF loot.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    They will have more incentive to stay now. I would try to finish any key because of a chance to get nice TF loot.
    Only for the first month when not everyone will be geared to 400+.

This buff only helps people struggling to get weekly best. I agree it is nice for undergeared group to make weekly best but I can assure you, it will not solve problems with people leaving as soon as they realize key is not gonna be in time.

They need to figure out something for the last wave of reaping. As long as it's skippable, there's very little chance groups will opt to do it. Otherwise the affix is looking pretty decent, probably easier than infested, and more fun due to higher overall numbers at the end of dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoce9f6dccbed View Post
    When you fail the timer you get a 20% hp and damage boost.

I don't understand why Blizzard would reward failure by making the dungeons even easier than they already are.
    reward failure, Yeah, cause you get the extra loot and new higher key right. Super rewarding

Playerbase: "Bliiiizz, there is way too much trash in BFA dungeons!"

Blizzard Devs: "Hold my beer..."

What are they smoking? Do they really think this is fun?
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    That is interesting... So in essence you can go in on a m+ you know you are not equipped to deal with and just let the time go out, finish it with the buff and get the reward. So if you are a 10+ max player, you might be able to do a 13-15+ with the buff. Seems easy to exploit.
    Small problem with this: you can't get a 13-15+ key with this method.

But if 4 dudes who can barely time a +10 have a friend with a +15 key and use the buff to beat it, more power to them I suppose, don't see a problem with this. It still counts as a failed run.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post

I actually think this looks much more fun than infested. A huge aoe party can be quite fun. And getting that "OH SHIT THEY'RE COMING!" feeling can be quite funny. It will probably be tedious after a while as everything else, but it sounds kinda fun at the start anyway.

More trash... exactly what M+ needed..

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    More trash... exactly what M+ needed..
    already plenty of trash in this game, at least you get to kill this stuff.

Seems like raider.io might need to adjust the points given for depleted keys this season, but other than that the buff is pretty neat.

Did you try it? Do you find any of the affixes "fun"? The point of affixes is that they are a challenge in some way. From the looks of it even Preach enjoyed reaping which is unusual given his constant negativity about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    Did you try it? Do you find any of the affixes "fun"? The point of affixes is that they are a challenge in some way. From the looks of it even Preach enjoyed reaping which is unusual given his constant negativity about the game.
    But why does the point of affixes have to be negative in some way? Imagine there were actual positive affixes each week alongside the traditional ones.

What if you got buffs like 10% more main stat or hero debuff only lasts 5 mins this week, maybe blizz could even look at the affix schedule and say, hey on the fortified teeming explosive weeks m+ participations goes down a massive amount, why not during those weeks encourage the playerbase to play our game a bit'

But thats getting a bit off topic, just something I've thought about recently. As for Reaping it looks rly fun from what I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    You missed the point. In comparison to Legion M+ I don't find BFA M+ dungeons fun in general because they are massive trash-fests which was implied by my obviously sarcastic remark. If BFA M+ dungeons weren't such horrible trash-fests and specs not pruned AF to deal with this then yeah, maybe, Reaping could be fun.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

You missed the point. In comparison to Legion M+ I don't find BFA M+ dungeons fun in general because they are massive trash-fests which was implied by my obviously sarcastic remark. If BFA M+ dungeons weren't such horrible trash-fests and specs not pruned AF to deal with this then yeah, maybe, Reaping could be fun.
    So, basically your input in regard to this particular affix should be completely dismissed. Got it.

Trash in m+ is actually fun. Trash in raids is horrible boring.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I am glad they made another part about m+ catered towards BDK and burst AoE specs.
    Yeah, that was my first though as well.

At least I play Holy Priest, BrM and a Frost Mage. Should be fine. I feel bad for Prot Pals and well, almost a dozen DPS specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's bad design. It will encourage stupid skips even more and cause all kinds of drama for extra pulls, including hard or impossible to skip neutral mobs. This is just stupid.

The buff after expired timer is very very good and welcome.
    Last edited by Zka; 2019-01-14 at 08:08 PM.

Lets hope reaping mobs don't spawn explosive orbs.