Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People look at raider.io for < 10 keys? Really?

Not sure what to say Mr. Thread Creator, I have no problems finding groups for 7-9's on chars above 370 .... maybe my character names are cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by viridian-716 View Post
    The healer must try to keep the group at over 90% health when players are constantly taking damage due to sanguin.
    Waw, no wonder your healer had issues, if you're "constantly" taking damage from a 3-meter-wide pool

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    I only have time for 1-2 mythic+ per week.
    With that small amount of runs per week it's very hard to get extensive experience, however many players do indeed run just 1 dungeon per week for the chest, so what can you do is either join a guild that has regular m+ runs, join a community for m+ purposes, find some friends that also want "1 weekly and done" and won't care about spamming it, create a group with your own key, or as a last resort try to join groups in pug finder that are clear they want weekly chest done even if it's not in time - I've had decent success on my alts joining such groups, meaning I did get invited despite low score, and we did complete dungeon and got the weekly, even though often it wasn't in time because people were extremely inexperienced (for example didn't know how to go through the lightning orb puzzle in temple of sethraliss).

hi dont go in mm+ pug dumb raid.io, there is only stupid peoples in there anyway
    just find a good guild and that will be fine

raid.io = stupid thing ever, a guy just do a lot of mm7 with it and suddenly he can be taken to do mm15 because of the score lol but he will be weak since he just did mm7 :P
    its like the ilvl, ilvl dont mean you are a good player, raid.io neither

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    hi dont go in mm+ pug dumb raid.io, there is only stupid peoples in there anyway

raid.io = stupid thing ever, a guy just do a lot of mm7 with it and suddenly he can be taken to do mm15 because of the score lol but he will be weak since he just did mm7 :P
    You obviously don't understand how the system works if you think people will confuse a guy doing m+7 at max with someone doing m+15's.

Deleted
    As a tank who pugs alot on different chars (from low to 10+), here are my two cents on inviting people to do my key.

1. Your competition, the other people queueing may be both overgeared and overexperienced (rio) characters trying to get a particular piece of gear or playing just for fun. If you dont get picked, thats usually the problem.

2. a.Experience, in terms of having done the specific dungeon at a high level and and having done at least a few key on this level my 1st priority. If I'm pugging Shrine 10+ I will be hoping to se people whose done shrine 7-10 and at least a few 10+'s.
    .b Having a main with a high rio may tip the scale. But people are usually much worse on their alts. I've had some horrible experience with people on their (mage) alts.

3. Group utility gets more important with higher keys. Battle-resses for scary tyrannical bosses. Shroud for time-saving skips. Cleanse and purges for nasty dots and buffs. Some affixes are extra bad for some specs. Disc and grievous? No thank you.

4. Higher ilvl is better ofc, but the experience is king. That is because dungeons in BFA are often at some points unforgiving and having the healer or multiple dps die to an avoidable boss mechanis may mean a wipe. Which brings us to...

5. The aim of doing the dungeon, which very often is to get the dungeon done in time, to upgrade the key or get the rio-score. And one wipe in a pug may be enough to fail the key. I usually state this aim in the queue, "In time", or "chill" or "for weekly" when I dont care about the timer. It happens (albeit pretty rarely) that pugs leave the group when they realize the timer isn't being made, usually people with high rios that don't say hi when they join the group. (We really need a metric that outs m+ leavers).

6. I personally don't like it when people whisper for invites, it still comes down to the points above.

Hope to see you out there!

Problems I see that you're likely to have (some I have myself after coming back late to BFA):

1. Knowledge of the dungeons isn't as good as those running the higher keys (likely) this is because in lower keys you don't do the same pulls/skips and most of the people you play with in those keys wouldn't even know those pulls/skips you'd do in a 15 or whatever (invis pots/anything which requires coordination).

2. Linked to 1, knowledge of what abilities etc hurt will be lacking (lots of these are barely noticeable until you start getting higher).

3. People already have score, meaning that they know what they're doing, and the competition for places is massive, people use score as a proxy for what's mentioned in 1+2).

4. People doing mid-tier keys thinking that they're streamers doing +22 keys and refusing to pick anything other than the meta causes issues.

I've experienced all of the above, I think the biggest problem is that when you're running those low keys to up your score at this point, most of the people you play with are kinda garbage, so they make doing those keys much harder than they could be for you if you were playing with people of similar ability to yourself, this for me is the most painful part (as someone who was regularly tanking low-Mid 20's keys in Legion but came back late).

Only thing I can suggest is to stick to it, and maybe try and make some friends who you can do them with (there's a few good Discords where you can find people).

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post

By far the stupidest reply I have seen in a long while. Doing 7s only doesn't do shit for your score. Most people want 1300 for a 15 and you aren't getting anywhere near that with only 7s.

Quote Originally Posted by Infer1s View Post
    As a tank who pugs alot on different chars (from low to 10+), here are my two cents on inviting people to do my key.

2. a.Experience, in terms of having done the specific dungeon at a high level and and having done at least a few key on this level my 1st priority. If I'm pugging Shrine 10+ I will be hoping to se people whose done shrine 7-10 and at least a few 10+'s.
    .b Having a main with a high rio may tip the scale. But people are usually much worse on their alts. I've had some horrible experience with people on their (mage) alts.
    I've had good experience inviting people with good score on their alts, if they are healer or tank. I think dps is underestimated in how much impact they have, so I rarely pug those and play that myself with friends. If I see a 355 ilvl tank with 1k+ score on main, such a player has never let me down. He knows the dungeon well enough to do correct pulls to make the timer, or close if we mess up too much.

I too wish there was a metric that showed how often you left a m+ before the timer expired.

When people say "Spam lower level keys", that is a problem for me. I only have time for 1-2 mythic+ per week. How can I spam that way?
    The answer is quite simply that you shouldn't be playing any Mythic+'s - people like you who're only trying to get carried for free loot are a huge detriment to the overall M+ population. You are not contributing anything but just leeching over other people's time and investment.

Your gear is completely irrelevant - the problem is that due to your very limited time, you won't be able to gain any experience, so it's your skill that's lacking the most.

See, the M+ system is on a 12-week rotation (you can see the full schedule at https://mythicpl.us/) and there are currently 10 dungeons in it. At your pace, by the time the system has gone through the full 12-week rotation, you've on average seen each dungeon twice (or once on each of Fortified / Tyrannical). On average - in reality, you're probably running the easiest dungeons and / or whichever you get a key for - so there will be dungeons that you'll have seen only once (or maybe even not at all).

Even if you ran 10+s every single time, the entire First Mythic+ Season (which is going to end next week) would be too short for you to truly gain experience with the Infested Affix since it will play out vastly differently in most dungeons based on the other affixes.

You certainly don't need to run like 20 dungeons each week, but to be successful in M+ you need to build up some experience where you know how different Affixes will affect the pulls. And you will have bad groups, terrible runs that will eat up a ton of your time. But that's an important part of the learning experience.

If you don't have the time for this, then your best bet is to find some friends who're helping you out to get your weekly chest.

Make your raider.io profile private,people won't be able to see your score
    Made me go from struggling to get in +7 keys to getting into +15 keys easily

Create an account on raider.io,then select a character and go to privacy,you'll find what you need there
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2019-01-12 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    I've had good experience inviting people with good score on their alts, if they are healer or tank. I think dps is underestimated in how much impact they have, so I rarely pug those and play that myself with friends. If I see a 355 ilvl tank with 1k+ score on main, such a player has never let me down. He knows the dungeon well enough to do correct pulls to make the timer, or close if we mess up too much.
    That obviously depends on the level - 1k score doesn't really mean anything once you get above a +10 and I've seen plenty of people with high scores on their mains attempting to sneak in their shitty alts that they didn't even know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    I too wish there was a metric that showed how often you left a m+ before the timer expired.
    And with that metric - would you then invite the experienced guy who knows when it is time to quit a bad run - or the special snowflake who sucks at M+ but feels like everybody is entitled for a completion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd3a4bd50bb View Post

Create an account on raider.io,then select a character and go to privacy,you'll find what you need there
    You mean you found enough idiots who gave you free carries. Nice story, bud.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Hi

I am a very experienced player. However, due to family commitments since late 2017, I have little availability to spam mythics and raids like I used to. However, I still play WoW almost daily for 1 or 2 hours, but one thing I can never do, is get into Mythic+ dungeons of my Ilvl.

My character is a resto druid, Ilvl 376. At the beginning of the expansion I could sometimes get a +8 or +9 after some spamming, but as time went by people simply do not accept me anymore.

I went from being able to successfully PUG mythic +15 in Legion with relative ease, to not even being allowed a +9 at the state the game currently is in. And my gear isn't to blame. In legion I only had time for heroic raiding, and that is the same quality gear I have today with 375 being on par more or less with heroic raiding.

People ask for this raider.io crap that I honestly have little clue about, but the way I understand it, the less M+ I do, the smaller my score is, and therefore the less invites I get for further M+...

Am I missing something? Advice welcome.

Regards
    Unfortunately, people want easy answers...even if the answers are wrong (or certainly incomplete). Raider.io gives people an easy score to look at.

In order to get that score up, you are going to have to spend a lot of time working on different keys. Each key that you complete gives you a score...so only doing a couple of dungeons with decent keys won't give you much of a score (overall raider.io is a cumulative score; so if they ask for 1k, that means either you've nailed a few 11 or 12 keys, or you've done pretty much all at 9 or 10). That will help get you to a good enough raider.io score to get into 7s and 8s, and maybe some 9s. Unfortunately, most of the people looking at 10 or above will largely only accept people that have already done several much higher keys.

TBH, this is part of the reason BfA is not working well. There just isn't a lot to do in the game, and what people remain want super easy runs (aka carries).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd3a4bd50bb View Post

Yeah I'd never invite you if I can't see your score to anything higher than +2

Quote Originally Posted by Kassina View Post
    Yeah I'd never invite you if I can't see your score to anything higher than +2
    He probably has a point though, just starting out it's probably better.

Does it hide it from the in-game addon though is the question
    @Aspir (rio dev)
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-01-13 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post

@Aspir (rio dev)
    The page says only scores of higher 500 will be included anyway, and hidden profiles will not be in the addon database.

Claiming that suddenly "getting into +15 groups easily" when having no score to show is completely preposterous and nothing more than a troll.

@Aspir (rio dev)
    it does,there's an option made specifically for it on the website,in addition to completely hiding your profile

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    The page says only scores of higher 500 will be included anyway, and hidden profiles will not be in the addon database.

Claiming that suddenly "getting into +15 groups easily" when having no score to show is completely preposterous and nothing more than a troll.
    Hey,if it works,it works

Does it show as private or a 0/sub 500 score on the addon when you hide your profile? Just curious how all that looks to the addon

Gold solves all problems. Here is no different.

There are plenty of highly rated .io teams that are willing to sell Season 1 Keymaster. This will fix all your problems if you can afford it.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Does it show as private or a 0/sub 500 score on the addon when you hide your profile? Just curious how all that looks to the addon
    that I can't really tell you.I'd assume it doesn't show as sub 500 else it wouldn't really help you get into groups at all really,even 0 would be better,as someone with a lot of m+ gear and high ilvl appearing at 0 score will raise some questions