Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Stormwind Portal Room - Kirin Tor broke their neutrality again?

EDIT: I noticed that many people don't understand what I'm saying, so just to clarify : I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PORTALS AND THEIR KEEPERS! I am talking about the entire room. You can see at least one Dalaran mage at the start and eight Kirin Tor banners in the entire room. Without counting the ones next to the Dalaran portal.

Have you seen the new portal room of Stormwind? Well if you haven't, here it is :

Kirin Tor banners are all over the place, literally. You can even see some Dalaran mages hanging around. What the hell? Inside the new Orgrimmar portal room they have zero presence. I am not the best lore guy, but I know well enough that in the past they have broken their neutrality at least twice, siding with the Alliance. In Legion they invited the Horde yet again, but now this, if anything, clearly shows their preference.

As a Horde player, I do not want ever again to work with these guys. Even in Legion I didn't want to. I don't trust them, I don't like them, for perfectly good, ogvious reasons. Stop forcing them in our faces.
    Last edited by Elemenion; 2019-01-13 at 04:11 PM.

If it's mage-related and it's in WoW, it needs to have the eye of the Kirin Tor on it.

That's just an unfortunate unwritten rule of WoW too often. It's on so many mage sets too, which is annoying for a Horde transmogger.
    I'm not surprised to see the Alliance rely on them for their Portal Room at all. Blizzard loves the Kirin Tor.

5+ Year Old Account
    is just gameplay bro... or the horde doesn't have kirin tor banners in their portal room?

and yes, that stupidity of dalaran going neutral in legion was pure garbage.

like "well, jaina is gone, everything is forgiven,let's ignore the fact the council NEVER punished her for her actions and that khadgar pretty much look the other way"
    in fact, seeing aethas beg to go back was hard.. even for an alliance player like me.

wait.. there isn't a portal to dala in orgri?

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    If it's mage-related and it's in WoW, it needs to have the eye of the Kirin Tor on it.

That's just an unfortunate unwritten rule of WoW too often. It's on so many mage sets too, which is annoying for a Horde transmogger.
    I'm not surprised to see the Alliance rely on them for their Portal Room at all. Blizzard loves the Kirin Tor.
    It's only for Alliance though, and it's not just sets on npcs, you can see Kirin Tor banners everywhere, they could easily replace these banners with Stormwind ones. Why not do the same for the Horde room?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the Horde have a portal conjured by Nightborne leading in Azsuna. Also Shadowmoon orcs conjuring for Draenor I guess.

Edit: scrap that, the alliance has equivalent ones as well. And the ones conjuring the Azsuna portal in Stormwind are Farondis undead elves.
    Last edited by Amaterasu65; 2019-01-12 at 10:43 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemenion View Post
    It's only for Alliance though, and it's not just sets on npcs, you can see Kirin Tor banners everywhere, they could easily replace these banners with Stormwind ones. Why not do the same for the Horde room?
    i mean, do we have any evidence that they leaved the alliance?
    did someone said "we leave the alliance!"
    only khadgar expressed his desire to not take sides.
    But he can't decide by himself on behalf of the kirin tor... right? it is supposed to be a council.

Strange guess: Portals to Dalaran have Kirin Tor for the Horde as well, or Sunreaver.

Portals and the guys around, from what i've seen, are based on the location the portal leads to, that's why there are portals from ethereals to Outland, because Ethereals are prominent in Outland.

Dalaran has always been alliance first, even when neutral. It is a city filled with former alliance humans and elves after all. I would expect the majority of them to decide to protect their potential families in stormwind and beyond when massive war comes to pass

To be honest, after Sylvanas unprovoked attack and genocide it's more strange that so many of these groups are still staying neutral.

How are groups like the Cenarion Circle still neutral after this?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Dalaran has always been alliance first, even when neutral. It is a city filled with former alliance humans and elves after all. I would expect the majority of them to decide to protect their potential families in stormwind and beyond when massive war comes to pass
    What about their potential families in Quel'thalas and Orgrimmar? Do you know that Stormwidians were a little isolated from other kingdoms? If I was going to search for Dalaranians' families, I would start among the Forsaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    To be honest, after Sylvanas unprovoked attack and genocide it's more strange that so many of these groups are still staying neutral.

How are groups like the Cenarion Circle still neutral after this?
    Very unprovoked. Say that to forsaken killed in Stormheim.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Strange guess: Portals to Dalaran have Kirin Tor for the Horde as well, or Sunreaver.

Portals and the guys around, from what i've seen, are based on the location the portal leads to, that's why there are portals from ethereals to Outland, because Ethereals are prominent in Outland.
    Portal to Dalaran have Undead Argent Dawn members for Horde and Silver Covenant for the Alliance. But, I'm not talking about the guys who summon the portals, but the room itself. Alliance's room is bedecked with Kirin Tor symbols everywhere, plus some Dalaran npcs here and there (not the ones around the portals).

Horde's room represented only by Horde factions, no sign of Dalaran anywhere. As it should be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    What about their potential families in Quel'thalas and Orgrimmar? Do you know that Stormwidians were a little isolated from other kingdoms? If I was going to search for Dalaranians' families, I would start among the Forsaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Very unprovoked. Say that to forsaken killed in Stormheim.
    ... Didn't the horde kinda you know... murder the shit out of their previous leader Rhonin? Then some mages betrayed their supposed neutrality in favor of secretly supplying the horde while garrosh was still on his "orc hitler" bender?

Kinda seems like they might have had this coming.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Elemenion View Post

Kirin Tor banners are all over the place, literally. You can even see some Dalaran mages hanging around. What the hell? Inside the new Orgrimmar portal room they have zero presence. I am not the best lore guy, but I know well enough that in the past they have broken their neutrality at least twice, siding with the Alliance. In Legion they invited the Horde yet again, but now this, if anything, clearly shows their preference.

As a Horde player, I do not want ever again to work with these guys. Even in Legion I didn't want to. I don't trust them, I don't like them, for perfectly good, ogvious reasons. Stop forcing them in our faces.
    Just another click bait...No, the Kirin'tor banners are not all over the alliance portal room. They're just on the Dalaran portal where they should be as every other portal area had the appropriate banner, no where else.. what are you smoking?

I would have liked the Sunreavers to do the horde's portal, showing they are aback, but the Forsaken is more appropriate, now the Sunreavers can create a blood elf magical academy.

Saying that you would note the horde portal room has a Blood elf Kirin'tor Emissary - confirming blood elves are totally accepted back, but Forsaken handle the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I think the Horde have a portal conjured by Nightborne leading in Azsuna. Also Shadowmoon orcs conjuring for Draenor I guess.

Edit: scrap that, the alliance has equivalent ones as well. And the ones conjuring the Azsuna portal in Stormwind are Farondis undead elves.
    Yes the horde and alliance equivalent portals which makes sense. Not sure if any meaning should be taken from those.
    Oh and Farondis are ghost elves, not undead - it's like they're slightly out of phase - is the only way i can explain them being ghosts and able to function fully as living people and interact at will able to affect/touch things or phase through them. Maybe they don't even realise they are phased, such a concept would not exist in this world even if it does happen.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2019-01-13 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladdict View Post
    Just another click bait...No, the Kirin'tor banners are not all over the alliance portal room. They're just on the Dalaran portal where they should be as every other portal area had the appropriate banner, no where else.. what are you smoking?

I would have liked the Sunreavers to do the horde's portal, showing they are aback, but the Forsaken is more appropriate, now the Sunreavers can create a blood elf magical academy.
    He's not referring to the portal keepers. Look at the entryway to the portal area, at around 40 seconds. The banners from the Mage order hall, with the new Kirin Tor logo, are on both walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladdict View Post

Saying that you would note the horde portal room has a Blood elf Kirin'tor Emissary - confirming blood elves are totally accepted back, but Forsaken handle the portal..
    I cannot understand why so many people are talking about the portals. I am NOT talking about the portals. Jesus. Watch the video carefully. You can see at least one Dalaran mage at the start and eight Kirin Tor banners in the entire room. Without counting the ones next to the Dalaran portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    He's not referring to the portal keepers. Look at the entryway to the portal area, at around 40 seconds. The banners from the Mage order hall, with the new Kirin Tor logo, are on both walls.
    thanks
    Last edited by Elemenion; 2019-01-13 at 01:55 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Kirin Tor are boring so I don't care much either way. Nice portal room tho
    Kupo.

Blizzard needs to make Quel'Danas the magic hub for the horde or some 120 zone from Suramar, really the horde doesn't need Dalaran with 2 magic elven factions in their ranks

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    That's silly, it's not about sides. They are aiding us in fighting the new Scourge, which is a threat to everyone not just the Alliance.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

5+ Year Old Account
    Why is there a portal to Aszuna? Is that going to be the night elves new home?

Between the genocide and desire to turn all of humanity into her undead thralls, it makes more sense if just about every neutral faction flocks to the Alliance's side let alone the Kirin Tor.