5+ Year Old Account

Character Requires Rename

What does this mean and why do I have to change my toons name?

I haven't played since 2014.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So who cares then? Ignore it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If you haven't played a char for a long time, someone can claim the name, so thats probably what happened.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    If you haven't played a char for a long time, someone can claim the name, so thats probably what happened.
    Wow, did not know that. IS it true that a Chiss can be a Republic class if I level a Chiss to level 55?

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    What does this mean and why do I have to change my toons name?

I haven't played since 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    They also did a lot of server merges, so if you had the same name as someone on the home server (the one all the others were merged into) you'd be forced to change your name.

I'm not sure what the criteria are, but it is true that once you unlock a race you can use it to make whatever class on whatever faction you want. There are pureblood Sith Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Wow, did not know that. IS it true that a Chiss can be a Republic class if I level a Chiss to level 55?
    They've done multiple rounds of server merges since 2014 so if you haven't been around you probably lost all your names unless they were truly unique, name claims gave priority to subs I believe and was more or less first-come first-serve.

And I believe that's true. Once you level a race to 50 I think it unlocks it for your legacy on that server, allowing you to create a character of either faction and any class. At the very least it opens it up to all classes within its existing faction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Awesome Thank you!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You lost your name due to a server merge...happened to one of mine...no biggie...just altered the original name a little

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    You lost your name due to a server merge...happened to one of mine...no biggie...just altered the original name a little
    He doesn't even have to alter it at all unless he wants to. When the server mergers happened EVERYONE had to pick their names again. Every single one of my characters I just put the same name in and was able to log in.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    He doesn't even have to alter it at all unless he wants to. When the server mergers happened EVERYONE had to pick their names again. Every single one of my characters I just put the same name in and was able to log in.
    I came back after two years and the big server merge...14 of 15 toons had the same name...only one was affected *shrug

Lol. I've actually only had this happen once... That was when I decided to say "Nope" and then included accents and stuff in all my characters' names using ASCI codes and stuff.