Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

What happened to the days when people cared about truths...

When did society get....so lost?

I had a conversation with someone in WoW today and they were absolutely convinced that other planets were habitable because NASA told him so, me being a reasonable person explained to him that since we have only seen life flourish on a planet one time we cannot draw distinct conclusions on how many planets are
    actually habitable given how complex a question this is.

This boy had an agenda, he wants aliens to be real and he will hear no different. I see this so often it almost makes me think this is normal behavior, but then i realize social media is a real bugger for young people trying to navigate this world.

What do you think, is your agenda obscuring a wider reaching truth?
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2019-01-13 at 05:43 AM.

wait, did you tell him that aliens dont exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    wait, did you tell him that aliens dont exist?
    No, i gave him better scientific evidence to which he ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    again i still dont get it.. was he saying that there are habitable planets within our rich that we already found?

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you talking to CmdrShep IRL?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Smart lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    again i still dont get it.. was he saying that there are habitable planets within our rich that we already found?
    Yes of course, there is a wide list of planets that nasa (or whoever makes these lists) that say "habitable". I tried explaining to him the complexities of the situation and he actually ignored me in game, he did not want to hear anything other than "yes, aliens can and likely do exist".

The reality tho is far from that, we havent come close to finding any forms of life nor do we have a clue of what it actually takes to support life like we have on this planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Smart lad.
    I know you are semi-trolling, but ill bite.

Do you legitimately believe its more likely than not aliens exist, and id like to see your reasoning if so.

I know you are semi-trolling, but ill bite.

Do you legitimately believe its more likely than not aliens exist, and id like to see your reasoning if so.
    I'm going to answer your question with another question; is your online persona similar, if not the same as, your real life persona?

Yes of course, there is a wide list of planets that nasa (or whoever makes these lists) that say "habitable". I tried explaining to him the complexities of the situation and he actually ignored me in game, he did not want to hear anything other than "yes, aliens can and likely do exist".

The reality tho is far from that, we havent come close to finding any forms of life nor do we have a clue of what it actually takes to support life like we have on this planet.

i mean aliens are definitely more likely to exist than not, but we definitely didnt find them.. yet.. and barring some insane progress that will need to come out of nowhere we will never find them in out lifetimes

Youtube conspiracy videos are not evidence by the way, let alone scientific evidence.

I'm going to answer your question with another question; is your online persona similar, if not the same as, your real life persona?
    No idea what that means, all i know is anyone ive tried debating in real life crumbles under my gaze.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc239d61b10a View Post
    Youtube conspiracy videos are not evidence by the way, let alone scientific evidence.
    Lets get this out of the way, real quick.

No matter how hard you want to believe a google search or wiki entry explains our existence, the reality is a bit harder to come by.

You see these are no easy questions and the answers are even harder. Whatever you think we have figured out, we likely dont.

No idea what that means, all i know is anyone ive tried debating in real life crumbles under my gaze.
    Is how you act online the same, or similar to, the way you would act if the person you are talking to is right in front of you?

Lets get this out of the way, real quick.

No matter how hard you want to believe a google search or wiki entry explains our existence, the reality is a bit harder to come by.

You see these are no easy questions and the answers are even harder. Whatever you think we have figured out, we likely dont.
    So in other words, it was exactly the approach you used. Not surprised.

Is how you act online the same, or similar to, the way you would act if the person you are talking to is right in front of you?
    100% the same, i type exactly the way i talk.

Yesterday good, today bad, me am so smart.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc239d61b10a View Post
    So in other words, it was exactly the approach you used. Not surprised.
    Not sure what you are getting at, should i pump this kid full of lead and tell him we got it all figured out.....just google it?

So let me ask you think, Fascinate : Do you believe we, Human, are the only "living" creature in this universe?
    I am not asking about what you have read online or what nasa told you or what ever scientific journal you'd wan to quote, im asking you personally, what you think.

100% the same, i type exactly the way i talk.
    Now to answer your question. I wasn't trolling or even semi-trolling. Your post history betrays your "knowledge" and so whatever you were trying to teach this man, he was right to ignore you. What you think you know, what you think you have figured out, you haven't.

Now to answer your question. I wasn't trolling or even semi-trolling. Your post history betrays your "knowledge" and so whatever you were trying to teach this man, he was right to ignore you. What you think you know, what you think you have figured out, you haven't.
    Whatever you think you just did, you didnt lol. You are the SAME KID i talked to in game, thinking you can just "google" stuff to get the answers.

My goodness, am i really this far ahead of the pack?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    So let me ask you think, Fascinate : Do you believe we, Human, are the only "living" creature in this universe?
    I am not asking about what you have read online or what nasa told you or what ever scientific journal you'd wan to quote, im asking you personally, what you think.
    I believe based on scientific (and historical) findings that we are the only living creatures in this universe.

Be warned, the rabbit hole goes deep here.

this is just sad to read through