10+ Year Old Account
    This game was over before I switched from the United/Spurs match.

Eagles vs Sainrs will be closer.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So when do y'all think we see the Patriots backups? I'm thinking start of the 4th. Give the starters a rest going into the AFC Championship.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Did not expect this, but Chargers need to go man to man on defense cause Brady is killing them in Cover 3. Chargers will also need to score on this drive and stay on the field a bit to give their defense some rest.

Chargers gonna have to pull off a miracle. Their defense needs to show up too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Did not expect this, but Chargers need to go man to man on defense cause Brady is killing them in Cover 3. Chargers will also need to score on this drive and stay on the field a bit to give their defense some rest.
    Actually I'm rather not entertained. Would have been more fun as a shootout at least.

Biggest thing here is the Patriots exposed the fact that 6DBs can't stop a screen pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots chasing history now.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/st...29204065198080

I'm not even gonna watch the 2nd half. This team makes me sick to my stomach.

I was expecting the Chargers to Charger, but this is a whole new level for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there's our inevitably controversial zebra event for the game. Can't be a Pats blowout without one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And there's our inevitably controversial zebra event for the game. Can't be a Pats blowout without one.
    That's not controversial, he clearly had possession in the field of play before being glided outside the lines by people coming in after him.

Deleted
    What was controversial about that? He clearly got it. Another Charger fail is all. The deal Belichick struck at the crossroads many years ago is still in effect.

Game was completely gone before the 4th TD, that punt recovery is just icing on the cake.

Question though, just for my understanding- on the Pats last possession which resulted in the punt, why wasn't Brady throwing the ball at the ground considered intentional grounding? There was no one anywhere near to catch it (I am not a lifelong NFL guy, so sure the call was right, I just don't know!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    Game was completely gone before the 4th TD, that punt recovery is just icing on the cake.

Question though, just for my understanding- on the Pats last possession which resulted in the punt, why wasn't Brady throwing the ball at the ground considered intentional grounding? There was no one anywhere near to catch it (I am not a lifelong NFL guy, so sure the call was right, I just don't know!)
    Either he was outside of the pocket or a ref decided there was a receiver in the general area.

Deleted

Because he's Tom Brady and they are the Patriots.

He was hit on the play. Intentional grounding has to be intentional.

A receiver doesn't need to be near the ball if he was outside the pocket when throwing it away. You also have the added Brady rule that he can be inside the pocket as long as a receiver is on the field at all and not get called for it. I didn't see that play, so I don't know if the second one was in play or not.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He was hit on the play. Intentional grounding has to be intentional.
    Wow, didn't expect so many replies! Thanks.

I think this is what happened, although I don't believe being hit would make you spike the ball like he did, but seems to be what happened.

I have heard of the Brady rules before, so not surprised to hear again!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to revise my previous claim that we'll see the backups at the start of the 4th. I think Brady could be done at halftime.

10+ Year Old Account

He was hit as he threw it which made the ball travel less far then he intended, and there was someone in the area of where the ball landed (even though only just) who would have been the target I assume had the ball traveled as far as Brady wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take funny sideline moments for 500.

https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/sta...32720393310208

Wow, didn't expect so many replies! Thanks.

I think this is what happened, although I don't believe being hit would make you spike the ball like he did, but seems to be what happened.

I have heard of the Brady rules before, so not surprised to hear again!
    Yeah, I was more interested in that play if he was trying to tuck it, and thus it was a fumble, but a Patriots guy clearly fell on the ball regardless, so it wouldn't have mattered.