Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They did not move to Square Enix.

They moved to a finance services company called Square.
    Thank for the clarification!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Well the cost-cutting directive was for non-developmental costs, they're actually trying to expand their dev teams still, and it was made whilst Mike was still in charge.
    I cannot believe cost cutting is non-developmental. Issues with all their games lately are largely developmental issues. BFA sucks, because of dev issues: class design is managed by a single intern, story is a mess, systems are a mess. BFA seems to have no institutional memory or learning from the successes and failures of past expansions.

They also cut the dev team for HotS. Overwatch has lost tempo. Diablo 3 was 7 years ago and they haven't announced a sequel yet (apart from a 2 paragraph mention in response to Immortals backlash, which doesn't count IMO because they were obviously desperate). StarCraft 2 was 9 years ago with no sequel planned.

I don't know what Blizzard is doing lately, but there is clearly nobody developing games there anymore.

Where would you want them to go to get more money? Try to sell to another Vivendi-size corporation and hope to regain golden-goose status and not be strip-mined for their IPs (which is something Vivendi looked into, though probably more to give an idea of Acti-Blizz's potential value rather than as a real threat?)
    If Blizzard is really hard-up for cash they're doing something very wrong. They're still a golden goose - but golden geese aren't cheap - you have to feed it gold if you want it to shit gold.

You go to a VC or bank and say,

"Hey, we're Blizzard-f--king-Entertainment, and we shit gold.

In our heyday we have had no equal in PC gaming. Pick any genre, and we're the best at it (except MOBA's but that's a long story and we gave birth to that accidentally, too).

We want to make this new game called XXXXXX, and it's in this genre, and this is why it's better than anything else before. Please review our track record, look upon our works ye mighty, and despair! Then tell us what ROI you want, and then give us infinite money. Thanks!"
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2019-01-07 at 07:58 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What are you talking about? Diablo in the style of Dark Souls would be amazing.
    Blizzard copying daark souls would be the total death of originality and not blizzard anymore

Trusting a Kotaku article in 2019. Hi-fucking-larious.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by dhalorien View Post
    Blizzard copying daark souls would be the total death of originality and not blizzard anymore
    They always copied games and expanded on them greatly, though. They were never innovators. Diablo might be a special case here, I can't name a title that clearly inspired Diablo, and well, every HnS after was Diablo with a twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I cannot believe cost cutting is non-developmental. Issues with all their games lately are largely developmental issues. BFA sucks, because of dev issues: class design is managed by a single intern, story is a mess, systems are a mess. BFA seems to have no institutional memory or learning from the successes and failures of past expansions.

They also cut the dev team for HotS. Overwatch has lost tempo. Diablo 3 was 7 years ago and they haven't announced a sequel yet (apart from a 2 paragraph mention in response to Immortals backlash, which doesn't count IMO because they were obviously desperate). StarCraft 2 was 9 years ago with no sequel planned.

I don't know what Blizzard is doing lately, but there is clearly nobody developing games there anymore.
    This is it right here. The effort we're seeing isn't commensurate with the resources and caliber of a company like Blizzard. Like wtf are they working on? Either they have like 3 new major games planned for Blizzcon 2019 or they just suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    What bunch of horse shit. Conveniently after Blizzcon, so many of the things were already known.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    They always copied games and expanded on them greatly, though. They were never innovators. Diablo might be a special case here, I can't name a title that clearly inspired Diablo, and well, every HnS after was Diablo with a twist.
    d&d?
    i mean, the first diablo is nothing more than a roguelike that was expanded with the cut of turns

10+ Year Old Account
    The first Diablo was inspired by The Gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by dhalorien View Post
    Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree. Dark Souls + Diablo is simply a dream come true.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Monster Hunter is one of my favourite series, and its history and influences owe a lot to the original Diablo. While there existed ARPGs in Japan before Diablo (Secret of Mana etc), Diablo was a direct influence on Sega's first online ARPG, Phantasy Star Online. PSO was modelled si closely that it featured the same 3-class system, 4-levels of dungeon and town-hub system, not to mention the items, armor and loot system. The big difference was in the gameplay and boss fights, which were designed around 3rd person console action games. It was with the big voss fights and multiplay co-op that then inspired the Monster Hunter series.

I want to see it come full circle with a Diablo Monster Hunter game. Its got the Dark Souls-esque control scheme, giant Demons to hunt, and you could tailor the item drops to a crafting system with the Horadric cube, letting you create your own armor out of scraps, gems and relics. Have it set during the Sin War, playing as the Horadrim travelling the world hunting demons and tracking down the cults of the Prime Evils. More focus on artifacts and alchemy with a touch of magic thrown in.

blizzard doesnt make dark games. target audience isnt profitable enough for activi$ion

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Diablo was originally developed by Condor games, Blizz's then corporate overlords, Davis and Associates, bought Condor and renamed them Blizzard North.