Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Don't stare blind on ilvl or rio scores.
    Last week was insanely easy to push high keys and this week is just a nice example that scores don't mean much.
    After lots of runs you probably have enough players added to bnet to not have to pug a group.
    Honestly the hardest part often is getting a good tank especially on low keys or hard affixes.
    Last edited by seasy; 2019-01-13 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    Can't even get into +4 key with my 350 rogue. Nobody knows/cares about the rio link to your "main" (honestly, not suprising since it is so fucking small in the profile). People I link/whisper my season XP or main rio score ignore it. Some guy said "You don't have any score. I won't take you." after I told him I have ~1000 on my main.

It really gives away the state of the game when all you can do on an alt is pugging a raid once a week and do warfronts/incursions once they are up. Everything else is gated by ridiculous requirements of the community or some other shit.

Logged in ~1hour ago. After finding no m+ group and nobody joining mine or the raid I tried to start I have decided to just log out and play something else. I hate to say it but this game just keeps getting worse and worse.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2019-01-13 at 07:35 PM.

Solution has always been make your own group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    Solution has always been make your own group.
    That's not a solution for the situation OP finds themselves in. Think about it and you'll realize why.

OP. Find. A. Guild.

There's no other good solution for you. You don't have the time to spam lower keys and thus raise your RIO score. You don't do lower keys so you can't leverage yourself up and make your own group for +8 or above. People aren't going to believe that you're a good player and even if they did, you might fail to some degree since you've never done high level keys and thus don't know the various tricks and tactics for them. Also, you're trying to start with +8s and the like which screams "carry me" to people. Finally, others did run lower keys etc to raise their score so some of them may well look at you as someone who just won't put in the work and why should they take you when they can take someone else who's geared as well and has the experience?
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-01-13 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That's not a solution for the situation OP finds themselves in. Think about it and you'll realize why.
    I've made groups before for +10's with character in bad gear with no score, people still join and we completed the dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I've made groups before for +10's with character in bad gear with no score, people still join and we completed the dungeons.
    Oh yeah? And where did you get the +10 KEY? You can't have the +10 key unless you've run some lower keys. So someone like OP can't just jump in having done no M+ and grab a 10 key and start there.

Obviously if you start with low keys and run even a couple a week, over time you'll get a high keystone. But that's not where OP is at. They want to start with +8s or something and that's not possible so the MYOG thing doesn't work without "... and you'll need to level up your keys first."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah? And where did you get the +10 KEY? You can't have the +10 key unless you've run some lower keys. So someone like OP can't just jump in having done no M+ and grab a 10 key and start there.
    I got boosted by guildies, got key from there.
    Can also just buy a boost, they're like 150-200k

That only works because you actually know the dungeons. OP has no experience and with 1-2 runs a week they will not get any either. Being a good player helps but in mythic+ experience is king and OP will definately fail.

OP, if you want to pug you have to put in the time and learn the dungeons like everyone else. If you want to be carried (which means playing way above your own experience) you either have to pay for it or find friends who take you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That only works because you actually know the dungeons. OP has no experience and with 1-2 runs a week they will not get any either. Being a good player helps but in mythic+ experience is king and OP will definately fail.
    If doing the dungeon once on heroic means I know it, sure.
    Most dungeons are fairly simple if you're just after the timer on a +10. You don't have to be fast, just not screw it up

Look for a Guild.

Dont run M+ with pugs, its not worth the hassle. And randoms are fucking morons. Also you need a 1200 score and have to play a fotm class to be invited to pugs. Just dont do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got boosted by guildies, got key from there.
    Can also just buy a boost, they're like 150-200k
    Right. You got boosted. I mean, sure, OP can do that, buy a run, etc but *from where they are now* they can't just make their own group for higher level keys.

My point is that it's one thing to cry "MYOG!" for a lot of stuff, but it's flat out impossible to start with high level keys and MYOG for M+.

Now, this is mostly on OP - they can't say "But I only have time for 1-2 M+ a week! And I am not in/not wiling to join a guild! And...." and expect to get in 8-10s. Which is why I said to them to get in a guild that does M+. That avoids the whole RIO stuff and as long as they play when others in the guild play, they should be fine.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-01-13 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    People ask for this raider.io crap that I honestly have little clue about, but the way I understand it, the less M+ I do, the smaller my score is, and therefore the less invites I get for further M+...
    Raider.io checks your experience in M+, and it focuses on the season, so your Legion experience will mean little.

You will want to aim for lower level keys in every dungeon, keep variety going to boost your score.
    Sticking to the same two to three dungeons repeatedly wont look too good score-wise.

Another option is to create your own group and use your key and push to higher key levels.
    You'll have control over the group and you can perhaps build-up some M+ friendships/partners.

The Mythic Plus discord is another good avenue. It could give you a little more exposure to find people to run with regularly.

Last recommendation is to find a guild that regularly does M+.

----

As an anecdote. I have a priest alt that I keep separate from my main account. (Nice when wanting some time away from the main guild)

I healed groups that were +2's, did more and got experience, pushed up to 5's, and made sure I avoided sticking to just running Atal'dazar/Siege/Freehold.
    I kept my dungeon variety going, pushed to doing 7's, 9's, and then began consistently finding +10's.
    I eventually used a M+ discord to find 9's-11's key groups, which helped out.

In my journey, I found several people I've kept on BNet. I can reliably log on and be ready to be asked if I'm up for healing some runs that night.

That's the journey people have to make now, to pug high level keys.
    It can be annoying, having to do content greatly beneath you, but that's simply the way it is now.
    It's better to make the best of it, get experience in how M+ is run in every dungeon, and earn a score that lets you get into groups you desire without much fuss.

OP. Find. A. Guild.
    This is a big challenge in itself. From finding a guild, to getting an invite, to establishing yourself in the guild. The more hardcore guilds won't invite you unless you apply to raid with them, or you are a friend. The more casual guilds are already inflated with random characters, and people asking to do keys together in guild chat may often get ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Raider.io checks your experience in M+, and it focuses on the season, so your Legion experience will mean little.

You will want to aim for lower level keys in every dungeon, keep variety going to boost your score.
    Sticking to the same two to three dungeons repeatedly wont look too good score-wise.

Another option is to create your own group and use your key and push to higher key levels.
    You'll have control over the group and you can perhaps build-up some M+ friendships/partners.

The Mythic Plus discord is another good avenue. It could give you a little more exposure to find people to run with regularly.

Last recommendation is to find a guild that regularly does M+.

----

As an anecdote. I have a priest alt that I keep separate from my main account. (Nice when wanting some time away from the main guild)

I healed groups that were +2's, did more and got experience, pushed up to 5's, and made sure I avoided sticking to just running Atal'dazar/Siege/Freehold.
    I kept my dungeon variety going, pushed to doing 7's, 9's, and then began consistently finding +10's.
    I eventually used a M+ discord to find 9's-11's key groups, which helped out.

In my journey, I found several people I've kept on BNet. I can reliably log on and be ready to be asked if I'm up for healing some runs that night.

That's the journey people have to make now, to pug high level keys.
    It can be annoying, having to do content greatly beneath you, but that's simply the way it is now.
    It's better to make the best of it, get experience in how M+ is run in every dungeon, and earn a score that lets you get into groups you desire without much fuss.
    the m+ discord i was in, noone ever talked lol liuke 400 people never a word. whats the biggest one?

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    the m+ discord i was in, noone ever talked lol liuke 400 people never a word. whats the biggest one?
    Edit: This is NA Servers
    Relic's one is what I used when climbing on my priest.

Alliance: https://discord.gg/m8TRn4w

Horde: https://discord.gg/KgRfzpk

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    That obviously depends on the level - 1k score doesn't really mean anything once you get above a +10 and I've seen plenty of people with high scores on their mains attempting to sneak in their shitty alts that they didn't even know how to play.

And with that metric - would you then invite the experienced guy who knows when it is time to quit a bad run - or the special snowflake who sucks at M+ but feels like everybody is entitled for a completion?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean you found enough idiots who gave you free carries. Nice story, bud.
    I think you're the perfect example of toxic, not even playing the game and your already salty.
    Most people care about +10, the tiny fraction cares about keys from 12-15+. So at 10 keys, the special snowflake as you call him, gets the job done way better then the salty af ragequiter who should probably see a shrink.
    I always see at least a few bad pulls that things don't go right, and then we recover from it and the rest of the run can go smooth. But mentally challenged people can't handle such things, they are like very special indeed, and when things don't pan out perfectly, they scream like they have a condition.

OP. Find. A. Guild.

There's no other good solution for you. You don't have the time to spam lower keys and thus raise your RIO score. You don't do lower keys so you can't leverage yourself up and make your own group for +8 or above. People aren't going to believe that you're a good player and even if they did, you might fail to some degree since you've never done high level keys and thus don't know the various tricks and tactics for them. Also, you're trying to start with +8s and the like which screams "carry me" to people. Finally, others did run lower keys etc to raise their score so some of them may well look at you as someone who just won't put in the work and why should they take you when they can take someone else who's geared as well and has the experience?
    You can raise your key to +10 in 3 runs. I know OP only has time for 2 runs per week and therefore he must also compromise. He can always raise the key over two weeks.

Also, a player who only do 2 m+ per week can’t be a good player. It takes a lot more experience to get familiar with all the trash mechanics of the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You can raise your key to +10 in 3 runs. I know OP only has time for 2 runs per week and therefore he must also compromise. He can always raise the key over two weeks.

Also, a player who only do 2 m+ per week can’t be a good player. It takes a lot more experience to get familiar with all the trash mechanics of the dungeons.
    I play m+ only with friends, and I think we only had time for 1-3 mythics a week. Not easy to get everyone online at the same time. But yes, it takes a tremendous amount of time to get familiar with all the important priority/cc/interrupts (affixes on top of that) that a single dungeon has, it took us months, but this is a long term investment, as these dungeons will stay till the end with updated loot, unlike a raid which gets renewed every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by viridian-716 View Post
    I didn't do mythics in legion but my guild did. The overall consensus is that +M15 in legion is pretty much +M10 in BFA, BFA is harder.

The higher the key is, the more team comp and spec come into play.

The number of total TIMED runs matters too, especially for certain dungeons.

I have a healer friend who is has a over 1k io score & 4/8 M, but he never did Siege before because he didn't have the attunement. Well we ran a 9 with him because he normally run 11s -14s, well we completely failed the key, he couldn't heal the last boss fight. We completely gave up after about 10 tries. He kept dying because he didn't know the mechanics and was OOM right away. It was more upsetting for him, then for us because we understood he never did it before.

Now this week is a healer check. The healer must try to keep the group at over 90% health when players are constantly taking damage due to sanguin. A healer who never ran a sanguin or grevious week will likely not be picked for +7 or higher keys.

Also, look up yourself on https://raider.io
    So in order to experience sanguine and grievous he needs to have experienced sanguine and grievous before in order to find a group. Don't you see the failure in logic there? While I agree that you should test a new affix combination in a lower key, I absolutely despise people that block people out of something that is supposed to be the entry stage. "You need to have experience prior to experiencing it". (insert random insult)

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    So in order to experience sanguine and grievous he needs to have experienced sanguine and grievous before in order to find a group. Don't you see the failure in logic there? While I agree that you should test a new affix combination in a lower key, I absolutely despise people that block people out of something that is supposed to be the entry stage. "You need to have experience prior to experiencing it". (insert random insult)
    When you sign up for a +10 with players you never saw before, players who don't know you and how good you play... yeah they totally can expect you to have done the affixes on +10 before. Find friends and progress with them, you can't expect pugs to progress with an unknown player.