Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    To be fair, Dazar'alor could even be considered the Blackrock Foundry of BfA. Doesn't mean we'll have that many raids, especially when the expac is an overall "meh" and they'll probably have to scrap out some boring/useless stuff (for example if they actually planned SoO 2.0 as the last raid, chances are it is already in the trash bin).
    Blackrock Foundry was the second initial raid for WoD... so you're not wrong. WoD simply skipped the last raid tier entirely. I doubt Blizzard will repeat that. Blizzard made WoD only have three raid tiers because it was such a (relative) flop, and they foolishly thought that if they didn't work on a third patch that the next expansion would come out sooner.

It didn't work, so yeah... I can't imagine they'll try it again. It would just piss off players even further and increase the post-expansion downtime which is by far their lowest subscriber time. But who knows... Blizzard has made some incredibly foolish choices lately and this would match the kind of thinking they have lately. I don't think there's a much Blizzard can do anymore that would surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Blackrock Foundry was the second initial raid for WoD... so you're not wrong. WoD simply skipped the last raid tier entirely. I doubt Blizzard will repeat that. Blizzard made WoD only have three raid tiers because it was such a (relative) flop, and they foolishly thought that if they didn't work on a third patch that the next expansion would come out sooner.

It didn't work, so yeah... I can't imagine they'll try it again. It would just piss off players even further and increase the post-expansion downtime which is by far their lowest subscriber time. But who knows... Blizzard has made some incredibly foolish choices lately and this would match the kind of thinking they have lately. I don't think there's a much Blizzard can do anymore that would surprise me.
    The problem is, Garrisons were as much "unfixable" as Azerite gear and the Necklace at this point. An expansion which basic features are either broken or totally underwhelming / underplayed can't carry on for two years.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Ah I see, you are completely and utterly illiterate. You are completely oblivious to what your posts are about, and you just spew words through google translator. Good luck with that.

Only thing that is a pity is that I wasted time to explain how you make 0 sense, yet it was impossible for you to understand it, since you don't speak English.
    What are you even going on about? This is some of the worst (and strangest) trolling I've ever seen on MMO-champion. Are you well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I'd expect the patch to either come very early to make place for 8.2 before Classic release like March or very late to keep some interest up until Classic comes out. They need to interweave those releases of 8.2 and Classic and I'd say 8.2. coming earlier that Classic is unrealistic.
    Come to think of it, I forgot about classic releasing in the summer. They may time it with classic instead. In fact, that probably would be even better for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The problem is, Garrisons were as much "unfixable" as Azerite gear and the Necklace at this point. An expansion which basic features are either broken or totally underwhelming / underplayed can't carry on for two years.
    The problem with garrisons was actually fairly simple and not that hard to solve... at least the worst part of it. That was of course the fact that there were so many tedious obligatory chores surrounding them. There are other issues (the claim they isolated players, for instance, or people who just don't like certain parts of the garrisons or wasting gold on them), but the primary issue was just that they made the game tedious. That could have been improved.. and in fact it was, as the Order Halls were a vast improvement over the awful garrison system.

Either way, Garrisons didn't quite have the same effect as Azerite armor does, since you could (almost) totally avoid garrisons and just stick with the bare basics until you needed to unlock Tanaan, and even then you could still ignore them after. The rewards they gave were typically surrounding the mission table and/or professions. Azerite armor is required to min-max in PvE and PvE content, so sadly it's not something you can just blow off if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The problem with garrisons was actually fairly simple and not that hard to solve... at least the worst part of it. That was of course the fact that there were so many tedious obligatory chores surrounding them. There are other issues (the claim they isolated players, for instance, or people who just don't like certain parts of the garrisons or wasting gold on them), but the primary issue was just that they made the game tedious. That could have been improved.. and in fact it was, as the Order Halls were a vast improvement over the awful garrison system.

Either way, Garrisons didn't quite have the same effect as Azerite armor does, since you could (almost) totally avoid garrisons and just stick with the bare basics until you needed to unlock Tanaan, and even then you could still ignore them after. The rewards they gave were typically surrounding the mission table and/or professions. Azerite armor is required to min-max in PvE and PvE content, so sadly it's not something you can just blow off if you don't like it.
    Honestly, I liked Garrisons to some point. Before WoD launch I absolutely hated the idea to build my own hub (never liked housing in any game ever) but in game it was done quite nicely (the Alliance one, the Horde garrison was absolutely awful imho). Nevertheless, too much WoD stuff revolved around it and that it made all of the professions worthless was a horrible decision. The different types of buildings altering or enhancing the open world were nice though.

Azerite is... something you can't avoid. It's impossible. And it's done so badly that it really drags you down. Does anybody really want to play BfA for 1.5 more years with this awful Azerite gear and the incredibly boring Island Expeditions and Warfronts? I really don't. I couldn't play one day longer after having done that sh*t for 4 weeks after launch. I was just... dead inside. I did not even start to play less, from one day to another I completely abandoned the game and never logged in right after that. And at that time I had a very nice raiding group which did quite well in HC Uldir so not even that kept me going.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I own the software because I payed for it, that is my entitlement.
    You own what they deem you are able to own as a consumer of their product. You purchase an expansion, then you own the software limited to its launch and the subscription you also pay for, any subsequent content patch release to said expansion. The TOS is very clear. You agree to it, so u are bound to it.

This mount was a promotional mount themed for the expansion, you know what it was aimed to do, so not going into specifics in that respect. It is up to blizzard, whos intent was stipulated clearly to use the mount as a promotional item. What was it trying to promote? guaranteed subs whether u paid for it with money or gold. For those who were planning on playing 6 months in anyhow, the mount was for the most part free.

Seems u just aint got money, and if theres anything we've learned by now: Money is a good thing, only the people without it complain.

The ToS are bullshit and also are not actual legal documents, I own the rights to any software I purchase regardless of what their non legal ToS says.
    You own the software, but characters and access to server is all a service you don't own afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    You own what they deem you are able to own as a consumer of their product. You purchase an expansion, then you own the software limited to its launch and the subscription you also pay for, any subsequent content patch release to said expansion. The TOS is very clear. You agree to it, so u are bound to it.

This mount was a promotional mount themed for the expansion, you know what it was aimed to do, so not going into specifics in that respect. It is up to blizzard, whos intent was stipulated clearly to use the mount as a promotional item. What was it trying to promote? guaranteed subs whether u paid for it with money or gold. For those who were planning on playing 6 months in anyhow, the mount was for the most part free.

Seems u just aint got money, and if theres anything we've learned by now: Money is a good thing, only the people without it complain.
    No I just don't want to support their terrible content that I get bored of after 10 minutes of logging in. It was bad enough they strung everyone along with Zandalari and Kul'Tiran for so long into the expansion.

No I just don't want to support their terrible content that I get bored of after 10 minutes of logging in. It was bad enough they strung everyone along with Zandalari and Kul'Tiran for so long into the expansion.
    What is worrying is that you believe that they delayed releasing Kul Tiran and Zandalari when they had mentioned well ahead of time that they would not be available 1 content patch later. That is STILL the plan. Ill throw u a bone and say that they def released 8.1 late, they have a lot of the team working on the backend of the expansion (8.2 and 8.3) as contrast to how loaded Legion was right out of the gate with a barren broken shore campaign, and Argus experience that could have been more.

What is worrying is that you believe that they delayed releasing Kul Tiran and Zandalari when they had mentioned well ahead of time that they would not be available 1 content patch later. That is STILL the plan. Ill throw u a bone and say that they def released 8.1 late, they have a lot of the team working on the backend of the expansion (8.2 and 8.3) as contrast to how loaded Legion was right out of the gate with a barren broken shore campaign, and Argus experience that could have been more.
    Of course they knew this because 8.1 an 8.1.5 was cut content from the launch thrown back in at a later day. It was no different in Legion which basically is a result of them trying to avoid Warlords joke of a patch with 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Of course they knew this because 8.1 an 8.1.5 was cut content from the launch thrown back in at a later day. It was no different in Legion which basically is a result of them trying to avoid Warlords joke of a patch with 6.1.
    Whether or not this is true, I think it's becoming abundantly clear that unless you're in a cutting edge raid guild competing for world first, there is literally no reason to buy or sub to another WoW expansion at its launch. Between catch-up mechanics, bug fixes, the massive timegating of everything in the opening months it's probably not even worth it 6 months in. I know I'll never sub or buy another WoW expansion at least until Pathfinder can be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Whether or not this is true, I think it's becoming abundantly clear that unless you're in a cutting edge raid guild competing for world first, there is literally no reason to buy or sub to another WoW expansion at its launch. Between catch-up mechanics, bug fixes, the massive timegating of everything in the opening months it's probably not even worth it 6 months in. I know I'll never sub or buy another WoW expansion at least until Pathfinder can be completed.
    You know back in the day, if u were new to wow during AQ40 progression and u dinged 60 for the first time, there wasnt any catch up mechanics then. There was no personal loot to guarantee no one would ninja your loot for the dumbest reasons (IE: hunter wanting wildheart kilt after countless runs of E.strat cuz he simply wanted to be an asshole), you either had to join a guild that had mc and BWL (early progression) and hope that the majority of guildies were mostly geared and then ud still face low drop rates anyhow that werent even guaranteed for your class anyhow. Attunements were also very expansive and exhausting, tho personally I enjoyed them long adventures, tho the rewards werent often worth the work like the tier 0.5 questlines.

You make it seem you want everything to be GIVEN to you without any work at all. It is a game not a job yes, but you still have to put in work to get something out of it. Excuse-making is just a trait of being complacent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Exactly! well said.

The thing is, they intentionally said nothing about them which his worse than giving a solid date and hat is on them not us. The single thing I was most excited for was Zandalari Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Anyone that thinks that any of this is a conspiracy or some shit like that is fucking gullible.

Yeah Blizzard just randomly releases these multiple month commitments because they think it's cool. That makes total sense on why they'd design a unique mount for it just because they really want to reward the players. Blizzard totally doesn't line these things up with content drought at all. Of course they lined Dreadwake up to cover the content drought that they knew would be there. They're a fucking business not a charity.

It's just not happening they way OP phrased it. The races aren't being postponed to wait untill Dreadwake times out. They've already had all this stuff lined up and decided to announce Dreadwake during a period where there wouldn't be much going on with WoW. Whenever Blizzard announces these things they're basically admitting that WoW going to get stale during that time.

The races are being stalled for so long because they knew they didn't need them at the start of the expansion to sell copies of it. So they're keeping them till around midway through the expansion to drive up hype for the game again. Blizzard hasn't exactly been subtle that they're focused more on retention than actually making sense or making things fun.
    this. sadly people dont understand common sense.

The ToS are bullshit and also are not actual legal documents, I own the rights to any software I purchase regardless of what their non legal ToS says.
    You have the right to use it. That is it I believe. You cannot copy or distribute it. I like to see you try this and see what happens.

You can test this in court and post here and let us know what happens. I am happy to be proved wrong.

You know back in the day, if u were new to wow during AQ40 progression and u dinged 60 for the first time, there wasnt any catch up mechanics then. There was no personal loot to guarantee no one would ninja your loot for the dumbest reasons (IE: hunter wanting wildheart kilt after countless runs of E.strat cuz he simply wanted to be an asshole), you either had to join a guild that had mc and BWL (early progression) and hope that the majority of guildies were mostly geared and then ud still face low drop rates anyhow that werent even guaranteed for your class anyhow. Attunements were also very expansive and exhausting, tho personally I enjoyed them long adventures, tho the rewards werent often worth the work like the tier 0.5 questlines.

You make it seem you want everything to be GIVEN to you without any work at all. It is a game not a job yes, but you still have to put in work to get something out of it. Excuse-making is just a trait of being complacent..
    How did you get THAT out of my post? o_O

This isn't about wanting things for free, or for it to be easy. This is about not wanting to get terrible value for your money because you just paid $50 for an expansion plus $15 for a month of sub, only to have the content dry up after a week. The point about waiting for catch-up mechanics and time-gates was simply to illustrate that your time invested will be more valuable and efficient if you wait until all the work you're doing actually unlocks things instead of having to wait months after the fact.

But god...I'm SOOOOO sorry I want a more completed product with enough content to be worth the price. Fuck me for being entitled, right?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-01-15 at 12:07 AM.

ITT: Belligerent ignorance

Yep, you cracked the fucking code.

This goes back to the universal truth behind the reasoning anything Blizzard does or doesn't do:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, I think before when all of your effort was rendered meaningless, it was when a new expansion launched. The last few expansions are like patch to patch. If you look at WoD and Legion specifically, if you started playing in the last patch, you could easily get the Tanaan/Argus catch up gear upon hitting level cap, and then queue all of the LFR wings once. Boom, you've seen the story. Then you can jump into current content.