Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What opportunity during MoP was the player allowed to question themselves? You didn't have any option but to follow the story, don't act like you designed the game like Mass Effect or Badur's Gate or Fallout or Elder Scrolls.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

That's kinda dumb. SoO and the whole MoP storyline with all its flaws really helped to redefine Horde on many levels. Moving away from Orc-centric faction and accepting a Troll leader, rising against a Warchief who actually did represent many of the Hordes ideals, choosing to work side by side with the Alliance to defeat him. Is that not a moment that redefined Horde or made us seek questions about what it really is?

Meanwhile the Alliance is ruled by heralditary and authoritan ruler, who even takes it upon himself to secretly free a political prisoner without consulting anyone. The whole faction of Night Elves decided to outright ignore the King who failed them to defend their own lands. I'd say right now it's the Alliances turn to question itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just want to know what the fuck im looking what that w didn't before

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is the same kind of shit I see in comics all the time. A new writer wants to retell a story made by a previous writer, so fucks around the narrative to reach that point and put their stamp on it.
    this is actually what is happening, old team did MOP, the new team want to do better and and make their names, just like wod its their ugly child

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    What opportunity during MoP was the player allowed to question themselves? You didn't have any option but to follow the story, don't act like you designed the game like Mass Effect or Badur's Gate or Fallout or Elder Scrolls.
    They were going this way too with BfA. Why do you think if you choose to side with Sylvanas that you just get a thank you instead of continueing the hunt and rejoining those dark rangers. Its half worked and does not cover anything. Wouldnt surprise me if they added that option as a last minute resort to all the backlash they received.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Remember lesson of pandaria ? No ? I wonder how long that one will hold. Since wisdom of pandaria couldn't last even single patch with ashran starting in 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Wouldnt surprise me if they added that option as a last minute resort to all the backlash they received.
    Not meant to suprise you, that's what they did. The path wasn't added until the backlash and contains absolutely jack shit in terms of content. Blizzard claiming that it's going to be "important and impactful" is just making shit up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Actual quote from Steve Danuser during the recent Q&A:

"When you look back at things with Garrosh, the result of that didn’t really clean up some stuff. But it didn’t really fundamentally made Horde look at themselves and question themselves. So with Battle for Azeroth, let’s look at those things."

A.k.a.:

"The Horde fanbase didn't get the memo first so now we are going to shove it through their throats until they get it"

Riiiiight... So, that civil war that reorganized the Horde that ended up with the first non-orc Warchief was not enough.
    So here's the same, but poorly written and boobs
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Riiiiight... So, that civil war that reorganized the Horde that ended up with the first non-orc Warchief was not enough.
    So here's the same, but poorly written and boobs
    Well i don't see you wearing anduin shirt so of course we need (as DJ khaled would say) another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Some people are upset Anduin isn't a violent teen, but mostly it's just one of those bandwagoned statements that's more to do with perception of the game/story than anything actual.

Also, she kind of tooted her own horn about how important he is because he isn't part of the typical toxic masculine cast.
    I have never met a "toxic masculine" man, that must be a US only thing lol. All of my friends are caring when they need to be and manly when they need to be like a normal man lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Not meant to suprise you, that's what they did. The path wasn't added until the backlash and contains absolutely jack shit in terms of content. Blizzard claiming that it's going to be "important and impactful" is just making shit up.
    You can tell just from the quest text that Blizzard were astounded that not everyone was on board the Anduin muh honor train. Expect them to go to ever greater lengths to try and convince you that Sylvanas is bad while showing who you're meant to be backing by having them aid the Alliance more and more.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Well at least they just straight up admit that they are just redoing Mists with what they see as improvements rather than going for anything original. I can appreciate the honesty if nothing else.

That's kinda dumb. SoO and the whole MoP storyline with all its flaws really helped to redefine Horde on many levels. Moving away from Orc-centric faction and accepting a Troll leader, rising against a Warchief who actually did represent many of the Hordes ideals, choosing to work side by side with the Alliance to defeat him. Is that not a moment that redefined Horde or made us seek questions about what it really is?

Meanwhile the Alliance is ruled by heralditary and authoritan ruler, who even takes it upon himself to secretly free a political prisoner without consulting anyone. The whole faction of Night Elves decided to outright ignore the King who failed them to defend their own lands. I'd say right now it's the Alliances turn to question itself.
    Boy that would be awesom but Golden has made clear that Anduin is the chosen one and no one will defy him, heck he could make N'zoth and Xe'ra work together for all we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know whats best about it ? That this is the most "garrosh did nothing wrong" thing they could say.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know whats best about it ? That this is the most "garrosh did nothing wrong" thing they could say.
    This, the Mag'har being just as they were under Garrosh with no changes or judgment and Saurfang mentioning the True Horde shows that even Blizzard knows that he did nothing wrong.

Garrosh wins in death. He's both the moral victor and being dead means he doesn't have to participate in this rubbish.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Too bad the Johhny Awesome path got cut

If they were gonna do another MoP they should've done it with Garithos and Alliance instead... now THAT would be an expansion!
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2019-01-14 at 04:15 PM.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long they're going to pretend we wanted this and claim it's a masterpiece of storytelling.

"You think you do, but you really don't! Why are you booing me!? I'm right!!"
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I wonder how long they're going to pretend we wanted this and claim it's a masterpiece of storytelling.

"You think you do, but you really don't! Why are you booing me!? I'm right!!"
    To be fair there is and has been a lot of "Garrosh did nothing wrong" (of which I am a part), but that doesn't mean we wanted another copypaste expansion
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    To be fair there is and has been a lot of "Garrosh did nothing wrong" (of which I am a part), but that doesn't mean we wanted another copypaste expansion
    Garrosh didn't do anything wrong. Although I felt a coup was necessary, he did not betray his ambition, his orcish heritage, or the people loyal to him. But saying that the Horde didn't have to question its values because of him is so silly. No one asked for this my friend, but we all must suffer
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Can't wait to hear what that evasive lesson we've missed in Pandaria was supposed to be. I give +1 to "Garrosh did nothing wrong" option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Soon it will be revealed how the Pandaren have suffered more than any other and we'll all be made to feel bad again.