Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The current story path in BFA is lame and stupid. They need to hurry up and get rid of Danuser and Alex in order for the story to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I don't think it's either of those things, but rather another bad issue.

They're looking at the story internally, and seeing the webs and themes and things they're writing from an inside-the-box perspective. They can see how all these story threads weave together, because they're the ones writing it. But then their writing is passed onto engineers, the sound/graphics/programmer developers who create the game. It goes through filters of marketing and cost cutting and technically-limited reconceptions, and then when the story finally makes it to the game, it's barely fucking there. And the writers are sitting back in their chairs and patting themselves on the back because they think they did such a good job when in reality, barely any of the story is making it into the game in a way that can be followed or enjoyed.
    I agree with this 100%. Biggest example is the "there was no reason to start this war!" thing when really there was a reason, a good one at that, and it was explained quite well... in a fuckin book that 10 people read.

I give FF14 a lot of shit for overloading on cutscenes, but at least their story is properly explained in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I don't think it's either of those things, but rather another bad issue.

They're looking at the story internally, and seeing the webs and themes and things they're writing from an inside-the-box perspective. They can see how all these story threads weave together, because they're the ones writing it. But then their writing is passed onto engineers, the sound/graphics/programmer developers who create the game. It goes through filters of marketing and cost cutting and technically-limited reconceptions, and then when the story finally makes it to the game, it's barely fucking there. And the writers are sitting back in their chairs and patting themselves on the back because they think they did such a good job when in reality, barely any of the story is making it into the game in a way that can be followed or enjoyed.
    I think this post explains it rather well.

The average story that blizzard internally writes loses a lot by the time it gets through all those "filters" and into game content.
    So when you start with an average product and then through various means you chip a ton of little pieces from many different sides... you get incoherent junk.

Even if the WoW story-writers actually played WoW they would have a much different perspective on things that they see.
    They are familiar with the entire story and details and (i assume) books while probably 98% of wow playerbase has no such information as they are playing the content.

There could be an okay story in BFA if there was a possibility of radical faction changes (like faction splitting, races dying off etc).
    But since we all know everything is gonna be alright it just makes everything so pointless and uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    If people are not interested in your crappy story than its time to re evaluate your story, but than again Danuser doesn't really have a great track record when it comes to stories, they simply lack the writing chops to pull it off they aint making game of thrones here.
    They literally said that they do in some interview not so long ago. It was along the lines "we've found out that GoT is all the rage now, so were dropping our usual style - fuck you old fans - and 'upgrading' to GoT".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Discounting that time the Alliance believed that the Horde killed their king and then later called a hit on their Warchief in the middle of an invasion of the world by Satan. Minor details like that.
    in the middle of said chief trying to become undead Satan 2.0. Just if you forgot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    My god.. lol. You're all so assbackwards.

It's like you guys read the first book of a 3-4 part series and got mad because the story wasn't finished and refuse to believe the other 2-3 parts are coming out.
    "It's only beta" brigade has arrived, I see.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Don't worry guys the budget for this expansion went to patch 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    You say develop, but they have done nothing but ruin it so far. The Alliance gets all the victories, the Horde gets splintered more and more. They keep telling us to hang on and "wait for the big reveal", while they keep making things worse. It's honestly not fun to play at all. What's the point of doing the war campaign when we already know we're going to lose?
    I mean, sure, they aren't the best at storytelling, but your attitude is that of a defeatist. What kind of soldier/commander/king/leader/whatever really, puts down their arms after 1, 2 or 3 defeats? Also maybe you are forgetting that the Alliance lost Teldrassil, and they did NOT manage to reclaim Lordaeron, not to mention that almost all of the alliance leaders got killed, had it not been for Jaina. So for Christ's sake, chill the hell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The thing is, the only Anduin could do is call out Genn for it, that's all.
    Even if he did what hordefans expect from that?
    Anduin: Genn why did you attack Sylvanas?
    Genn: She was enslaving Eyir and becoming Lich Queen.
    Everyone: OMFG! Why didn't you kill bitch on the spot?!

So far Genn kept silent about this stuff and it seems to me like this is why Sylvanas herself dropped the matter, as explicitly stated in BtS.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

So far Genn kept silent about this stuff and it seems to me like this is why Sylvanas herself dropped the matter, as explicitly stated in BtS.
    But he doesn't know that until the very end. Thats the point.

Vote with your wallets, unsub from all things blizzard, and stop buying anything from them untill they fix it

Sky Admiral Rogers says: We are to track them from a safe distance. We may engage, but only if the situation demands.
    The Alliance attacked first, without provocation from the Horde side.
    They only discovered later on what Sylvanas was up to, all they knew before they set out was that the Horde had sent a fleet towards Stormheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But he doesn't know that until the very end. Thats the point.
    I shown you what would happen in-universe if this matter is ever raised. Feel free to replace last line with your own version, just make it plausible. Otherwise follow Sylvanas' example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shown you what would happen in-universe if this matter is ever raised. Feel free to replace last line with your own version, just make it plausible. Otherwise follow Sylvanas' example.
    But thats still not what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But thats still not what happened.
    Because Sylvanas dropped this matter. She references it personally, to Saurfang for example, but she implied to Alliance that she won't push this, giving reasonable impression that it was somehow justified and Genn had at least somehow valid reasons. Therefore Anduin has zero reason to push it either.

Maybe I'll check BtS later for exact quote, but seeing as there's no online version, don't count on that too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Sylvanas dropped this matter. She references it personally, to Saurfang for example, but she implied to Alliance that she won't push this, giving reasonable impression that it was somehow justified and Genn had at least somehow valid reasons. Therefore Anduin has zero reason to push it either.

Maybe I'll check BtS later for exact quote, but seeing as there's no online version, don't count on that too much.
    But thats not whast happened. Genn attacks her for purely personal reasons, and has no idea what her goal is until very end of zone.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I lost all hope they could one up with something good. I love the cinematics they made for BFA but that's it.

The night warrior thing that feels out of nowhere, and don't even get me started on the whole Teldrassil. In-game they are so clueless that is painful.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Warcraft fantasy is ruined forever by a few things.

- It was built on classic high fantasy, but strayed in a myriad of ways:
    - Spaceships
    - Ridiculous conflict scale
    - Too many races, too many variants of races
    - Too much injection of different eras of technologies
    - Too many villains with no motive other than "rawr I want to kill u"
    - PC too powerful
    - Time travel
    - Death means nothing, anyone can be resurrected

It can never be fixed without an absolutely obscene level of retcons.

in the middle of said chief trying to become undead Satan 2.0. Just if you forgot.
    Headcannon.

"It's only beta" brigade has arrived, I see.
    Beta exists for testing, not to let you play for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Warcraft fantasy is ruined forever by a few things.

- It was built on classic high fantasy, but strayed in a myriad of ways:
    - Spaceships
    - Ridiculous conflict scale
    - Too many races, too many variants of races
    - Too much injection of different eras of technologies
    - Too many villains with no motive other than "rawr I want to kill u"
    - PC too powerful
    - Time travel
    - Death means nothing, anyone can be resurrected

It can never be fixed without an absolutely obscene level of retcons.
    Go to your LotR.

- - - Updated - - -

Genn: She was enslaving Eyir...
    What's wrong with enslaving Eyir? Odyn was stupid asshole, so Horde would make better use of his Val'kyr.
    ...and becoming Lich Queen.
    Headcannon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Vote with your wallets, unsub from all things blizzard, and stop buying anything from them untill they fix it
    Brilliant idea if you want to remove Warcraft from existence.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Tolkein was a master storyteller, better that the warcraft writers spend more time reviewing how to create a fictional universe that isn't grotesquely malformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    I lost all hope they could one up with something good. I love the cinematics they made for BFA but that's it.
    The night warrior thing that feels out of nowhere, and don't even get me started on the whole Teldrassil. In-game they are so clueless that is painful.
    They're trying too much "rule of cool" scenes without preparing any base for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Headcannon.
    Lolwat? Go watch cinematic once again.

Lolwat? Go watch cinematic once again.
    Headcannon. She needed more val'kyr to ensure her people's(and her own) survival.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.