Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Almost everyone, yes.
    Somebody should inform the poorest part of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    I don't know how much this is a problem in America, but in Sweden a LOT of people vote on a particular party because "they've always voted for them" or "my father, and my father's father voted for them so I'll continue the tradition", no matter how different the party's politics is in comparison to when they first started to vote.

This suggests, at least to me, that these people aren't mature enough to vote, as they haven't read up on the current political landscape and made an informed decision.

Should we, or should we not, create some sort of license you need to get if you want to vote? Like a one month course you need to take, where you learn about the democratic system, that what a party thought was a good idea 50 years ago necessarily isn't the same today, and that you should keep up with political debates to find out what the different parties want today, and not in the past.

Of course the class is free, as it is a right for the people to vote, but it's not a right to vote on a stupid basis in my opinion. You need to at least have some know how.

It will be completely neutral, so no "this party good, that party bad", it's just meant to make sure that people use their own brain when making their decision, rather than just voting on what they've always voted on because "muh family tradition".
    Licence? No... IQ test? yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Licence? No... IQ test? yes
    The kind that is biased and can be studied for? lol
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2019-01-14 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    I don't know how much this is a problem in America, but in Sweden a LOT of people vote on a particular party because "they've always voted for them" or "my father, and my father's father voted for them so I'll continue the tradition", no matter how different the party's politics is in comparison to when they first started to vote.

This suggests, at least to me, that these people aren't mature enough to vote, as they haven't read up on the current political landscape and made an informed decision.

Should we, or should we not, create some sort of license you need to get if you want to vote? Like a one month course you need to take, where you learn about the democratic system, that what a party thought was a good idea 50 years ago necessarily isn't the same today, and that you should keep up with political debates to find out what the different parties want today, and not in the past.

Of course the class is free, as it is a right for the people to vote, but it's not a right to vote on a stupid basis in my opinion. You need to at least have some know how.

It will be completely neutral, so no "this party good, that party bad", it's just meant to make sure that people use their own brain when making their decision, rather than just voting on what they've always voted on because "muh family tradition".
    Voting rights is the last topic that needs to be severely looks at.

Though, I would say that voting rights should be controlled by background check.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Except, you dont have just 2 choices... At least 8 different parties fielded candidates in the 2016 Presidential Election.
    You are correct except that's not the way its portrayed in the debates or national media. Everyone running should be on all the ballots in all states. They all should be on the debate stage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The kind that is biased and can be studied for? lol
    If you are willing to study for an IQ test, you at least have shown enough initiative to be able to vote imo.

A part of me would like to restrict tax payers to voting. You could even give people some sort of tax ID and have them use that to verify who they are and vote instead of a driver's license. This would make the people that think IDs should be required happy and not exclude those that most of those laws work against.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Oh, look at that. No one wants to vote anymore.
    While a one month course might be extreme and very hard to do as an adult with kids or other issues, if you don't care enough to vote to do some simple things you deserve what you get.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'd rather people have to get a license to reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    Im sure these criminals are trying to abide by the law. Especially not voting for candidates that promise free services at the expense of real americans. /s

Cmon bud, think about it. These criminals are faking so many documents daily that it is second nature to them.
    Do you really think they are putting in the time and effort and so forward thinking and hopeful to not only study up on these things, but also go down and vote? Voter fraud is a non issue, happens almost never and most cases are people filing twice. The only criminal version of it in the last few years was some brilliant person in Florida that tried to vote twice for the GoP in a very red state already.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Absolutely. We should also have a license to spend our lives with another person, have children, own a home, have a job, and wipe our butts. In fact, we should also have a license just to be allowed to live. Need to set some guidelines on what's expected from people to allow them to live though, otherwise they might start making excuses and banding together. We all know how everyone hates when people stand up for themselves.

No. So long as the government gets to take somebody's money and make decisions on their behalf, that person should get to vote. I'm not even entirely comfortable with the age limit being what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The only criminal version of it in the last few years was some brilliant person in Florida that tried to vote twice for the GoP in a very red state already.
    There's actually a case of it going on in North Carolina right now. Benefitting the Republicans, before anybody jumps onto the tired narrative.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

No there shouldn't be a license to vote, but there should be a test. If you don't understand how the election system works then how do you think you should be allowed to vote.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    their own ID, yeah... not the voting lists.
    The ID that cali is giving to illegals? That ID right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Do you really think they are putting in the time and effort and so forward thinking and hopeful to not only study up on these things, but also go down and vote? Voter fraud is a non issue, happens almost never and most cases are people filing twice. The only criminal version of it in the last few years was some brilliant person in Florida that tried to vote twice for the GoP in a very red state already.
    Educating oneself =/= voting in terms of difficulty. Additionally there is no need for them to educate themselves when the process is streamline by people pushing agendas. Democrats know illegals will never vote conservative, so they want as many as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    No. So long as the government gets to take somebody's money and make decisions on their behalf, that person should get to vote. I'm not even entirely comfortable with the age limit being what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

There's actually a case of it going on in North Carolina right now. Benefitting the Republicans, before anybody jumps onto the tired narrative.
    Want another tired narrative. Conservatives are "hitler, racist, etc" and any other extreme the left decides to push for the week. Its that kinda of stupid fucking dialogue that has got us where we are at politically from both sides

Absolutely! Having visited many rural republican areas after leaving the military most conservatives would never pass the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Here in the US you'd have folks screeching at you that you are trying to restrict someone's right to vote.
    We know, we know, you don't want any visible minority to vote.

Try harder.

Of course there should be a license to vote...it would circumvent world tragedies like trump taking power.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US already has the lowest voting turnout of any democracy, why do so many want to restrict it even more? I know the conservatives will benefit from lower turnouts, but they want to pretend they are still a democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    If you are willing to study for an IQ test, you at least have shown enough initiative to be able to vote imo.
    Still does not get rid of the bias, or how its easier for some people to study for it because of their socio-economic status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    No. Spend that time and money on reinvesting in civics courses in school to educate kids about the importance of voting. And make voting day a holiday.
    This x1000.

Problem is, our (s)elected officials want the masses to be smart enough to vote them in but dumb enough to not oppose them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The US already has the lowest voting turnout of any democracy, why do so many want to restrict it even more? I know the conservatives will benefit from lower turnouts, but they want to pretend they are still a democracy.
    Also this so much.

The irony.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

There should be a license needed to live amongst the public. If you aren't an upstanding citizen who wants to integrate into society you should be eliminated.

What a stupid idea. Who decides whether they are fit to hold a licence? Do people with low IQs get disqualified? Is there a demerit point system where I can lose my licence to vote? As long as you are a citizen or legal permanent resident that is all that is required. Idiots have rights too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    This x1000.

Problem is, our (s)elected officials want the masses to be smart enough to vote them in but dumb enough to not oppose them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this so much.

The irony.
    A Holiday?? Man that sure sounds nice, in Australia, we are forced to vote AND we have to use our Saturdays to do it! Now that is tyrannical oppression