Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Zandalari and Kul Tirans wont be available when 8.1.5 releases.

What the actual fuck, lmao

"On the PTR, we’ve enabled the last part of the War Campaign early, so that the Allied Race unlock quests can be started."

You've got to be kidding. It's a time gate. They're going to drip feed us more War Campaign crap and lock the new races behind it, after already delaying them to a half-patch after the patch they were promised.

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

"On the PTR, we’ve enabled the last part of the War Campaign early, so that the Allied Race unlock quests can be started."

You've got to be kidding. It's a time gate. They're going to drip feed us more War Campaign crap and lock the new races behind it, after already delaying them to a half-patch after the patch they were promised.

Eh, I read it more that you are in need of doing the new set of war campaign quests for 8.1.5, considering that you could do ALL the 8.1 war campaign quest fairly quick, shouldn't be much a problem. They will technically be in 8.1.5 it seems, depends on how fast you are?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Oh yes. I wonder what will be first, this patch or the last LFR wing, as people who only raid LFR definitely won't get them before February 26th either way.

Theres literally no point doing lfr, ever. Get better gear from warfront then can queue into normal.

I cannot wait for those stupid Allied Race to be release so we can stop having those time gating thread twice a days.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Seems pretty clear to me, it's time-gated. Hopefully by only a week or two.

I suppose they could have meant you can't finish the allied races until after the rest of the 8.1.5 war campaign is finished, so they're allowing players to circumvent that sequence on PTR. I doubt it, but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I cannot wait for those stupid Allied Race to be release so we can stop having those time gating thread twice a days.
    Are you kidding? Allied Races are free money for Blizzard. Minimum effort and people will pay for them. Of course they'll keep doing it.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

lol as if there wont be time gating for Vulpera and Junker Gnomes.

Don't worry, the guys will find another topic to constantly get mad about.

4 of the announced races was release as pre-order bonus, you know, reverse time gating. 1 announced and 1 out of no where was obtainable day 1, you just had to get Exalted with specific faction. Only 1 of the 6 was actually push back.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

4 of the announced races was release as pre-order bonus, you know, reverse time gating. 1 announced and 1 out of no where was obtainable day 1, you just had to get Exalted with specific faction. Only 1 of the 6 was actually push back.
    which just happens to be the one that was advertised/teased the most in Beta.

oh i pray to god they dont give us junker gnomes. with the vulpera and zandalari for horde the alliance will be dead.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Never got the “it’s timegated to increase sub time” complaints for things like this. For anyone that upset and stating they are only playing for the allied race the supposed timegate is a non factor. You simply unsub and wait for the release and then you complete the necessary things in roughly 1 week.
    If you’re still playing for other reasons such as raiding, m+, or just hanging out with guildies then it’s not really the deciding factor that keeps you subbed, is it?

Or they just meant "before it is going to be activated normally on live" and you're going crazy over nothing. Can't test the quests if nobody can do them, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If you’re still playing for other reasons such as raiding, m+, or just hanging out with guildies then it’s not really the deciding factor that keeps you subbed, is it?
    I don't like lots of things about the game, yet I still subscribe. It's not a binary choice like that for most issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if you are not, but the way I read it was more that they enabled the part which comes after the raid - Which is currently not complete-able on the PTR, so you can't technically finish the War Campaign, thus, 'unlocked it early' so you can do their intro quests similar to the Mag'har intro.
    The thing is that Blizzard specified the Zandalari requires the achievements "Tides of Vengeance", "Zandalar Forever" and "Exalted: Zandalari Empire", which you currently can get on the PTR. You get Tides of Vengeance before Talanji gives you the quest to go after Jaina, which technically means that all 3 requirements are met right before the raid. Unfortunately the Tides of Vengeance requirement remains greyed out even if you have done the achievement.

Either Blizzard didn't explain and label it properly or this is a bug, but either way based on the information given you should be able to get the Zandalari right now on the PTR.

I remember at Blizzcon me and my friends were discussing the next 4-5 potential sets of Allied Races they were going to announce. Lol. 0 announcements (unless you consider the mechagnome a hint) and we still won't even have access to the flagship Zandalari/KT until March or April. This is unreal.

If you think about this in business quarters it all makes sense though. 2018 Q3 boost in September: Dreadwake. 2018 Q4 boost in December: Vulpine Familiar. 2019 Q1 boost likely in March: Zandalari / KT release (with a ton of potential race change $$).

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    The thing is that Blizzard specified the Zandalari requires the achievements "Tides of Vengeance", "Zandalar Forever" and "Exalted: Zandalari Empire", which you currently can get on the PTR. You get Tides of Vengeance before Talanji gives you the quest to go after Jaina, which technically means that all 3 requirements are met right before the raid. Unfortunately the Tides of Vengeance requirement remains greyed out even if you have done the achievement.

Either Blizzard didn't explain and label it properly or this is a bug, but either way based on the information given you should be able to get the Zandalari right now on the PTR.
    This.

I have already 2 of the three required achievements, so I tried this afternoon to get the last part of the Tides of vengeance achievement. Last part of this achievement is what is still not on live. Unluckily, the quest you need to do was bugged and Talanji didn't appear, so I couldn't finish it. In any case, this quest (chain of quest in fact) happen BEFORE the raid events, so, if they put this chain of quest when the raid opens (next week), and we are able to do it, we should be able to get all the requirements for the Zandalari next week.

It may just be wording. Basically the last step is completion of this war campaign stage if that's live right away then you should be able to go to the embassy and get the quest to start their unlocks. For kul'tiran I am guessing its not going to be as long and involved as the others have been just do your stuff get the mount and unlock the allied race. So it depends if the war campaign is fully unlocked immediately or waits to unlock with full opening of LFR new raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Theres literally no point doing lfr, ever. Get better gear from warfront then can queue into normal.
    It is interesting that LFR is lagging pretty good over even just normal war front stuff. It really is mostly there for transmogs it seems or to see it for people who just don't have the time to do the full raid.

I hope they use the time to improve Zandalari trolls a bit. My helmet xmog still won't show and some of the healing animations are clunky as hell.