Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gotta let the dreadwake subs run out first.

All you need to do to finish the "Campaign" is beat the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Yeah, but the raid is timegated a bit. Not all wings are available on launch.

I think complaining about it is a little stupid, but I guess I can see why people are angry at the principle of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind it takes roughly 2-6 weeks to get exalted with the required criteria and that's if you do all the WQ's every day no break days.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey remember all those people who were like "Nah they TOTALLY are going to have Vulpera and Mechagnomes in 8.2.5?"

At the rate this is going maybe we'll get Kul'tirans and Zandalari by 8.2.5.

Allied Races could have been big, instead it looks like BFA's abandonware feature.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It has seemed likely for some time now that finishing the new raid would be part of the War Campaign, and finally unlock the allied races. That means if you aren't a raider, you may have to wait around for the LFR wing to open. Ugh, I hope not though, but I've been assuming the worst for some time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I cannot wait for those stupid Allied Race to be release so we can stop having those time gating thread twice a days.
    Boy are you gunna be annoyed when people start posting about timegated Vulpera and Mechagnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Again, though, you get the achievement that states you've finished the war campaign BEFORE the raid. You meet all the requirements listed at the Horde ambassy and in the achievement for "Allied Race: Zandalari Trolls" without stepping foot in the raid. So if you do need to finish it, Blizzard didn't label it properly. If it's not needed, then something is bugged on the PTR. Either way, Blizzard needs to look into it and fix something.

Timegating and RNG. Two uninspiring ways of making your content artificially last longer. Blizzard is proficient at it.

It just feels like once again requirements are being slapped onto one race because it has to match the other.

The Argussian Reach has nothing to do with void elves, but the other allied races have reputations so you have to get this to exalted because reasons to unlock void elves.

Dark Irons are already in the Alliance, and actually helping in the war campaign already, but you have to finish the war campaign and hit exalted with 7th legion because that's when we wrote the horde doing timeline shenanigans to get Mag'har in here.

Kul'tiras rejoined the alliance in 8.0 but they can't be playable until Zandalar joins the Horde officially.

If they're going to insist on locking new races behind achievements they could at least make sure they all make sense in the first place.

I'm glad races have to be unlocked through helping them, through achieving a goal together, or through having a deep bond or history with them - contributing to theirs and ours interlocked stories. Each allied race has had a zone and/or storyline that through both the player's and their character's dedication and completion, become playable. Through this gradual purpose and intent, their inclusion to a faction will be all the more meaningful. Thank you!

I can understand perhaps some frustration in it seeming like things need to be equal for both factions all of the time. There is rarely an actual imbalance on a side. An example being that the same amount of new allies 'having to' join both sides at the same time. Another example could be when in the lore, certain races are already part of the horde or alliance but cannot become playable until the other side's race is. I wouldn't call it an excuse to 'match the other side', but rather I see it as a reason to give players on both sides something to look forward to and and work towards. I'm fine with it but I can understand the equal thing seeming obvious. However, nothing really shocking or permanent has happened to either side in a long time. Teldrasil was actually pretty shocking to me. And I hope for future permanent questing decisions and/or aligning with certain lore figures have consequences and put you on a path perhaps different than the person standing next to you. It might actually be something cool where one side gets an allied race when it's ready, and the other faction has to wait a while. This would be more realistic when it comes to recruiting allies and having asymmetrical sides, at least for a bit, and might make things exciting in that regard, even if temporary. for instance if horde gets Vulpera, but there is no news when or if alliance will get the next race, or who it could be. Might be fun!

All that aside, I'm glad they're unlock-able. It, to deepen their story and add to our gameplay, to me, adds immersion and meaning, purpose and intent. Thanks!
    Last edited by dunkl; 2019-01-15 at 11:29 PM.

Considering the last part of the the 8.1.5 war campaign wasnt scheduled to release until jan 29...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    It really is mostly there for transmogs it seems or to see it for people who just don't have the time to do the full raid.
    So yeah, you know - What it was designed for.
    Here is something to believe in!

Got to have time to revamp the OP as fuck voodoo troll racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    oh i pray to god they dont give us junker gnomes. with the vulpera and zandalari for horde the alliance will be dead.
    Vulpera are just furries little fox, most likely the people who already play blood elf and nightborne will play a vulpera, they aren't catching fans of Sonic, Star fox or furries in general

It is highly likely that 8.1.5 will come out after the final wing of the Dazar'alor raid, since 8.1.5 has the 2 boss raid coming with it. And the patch just came up on the PTR like a week ago.

So no idea why people are acting like "AHHHH ME TIMEGATED!!!!!!!!" when it isn't really the case.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    It just feels like once again requirements are being slapped onto one race because it has to match the other.

The Argussian Reach has nothing to do with void elves, but the other allied races have reputations so you have to get this to exalted because reasons to unlock void elves.

Dark Irons are already in the Alliance, and actually helping in the war campaign already, but you have to finish the war campaign and hit exalted with 7th legion because that's when we wrote the horde doing timeline shenanigans to get Mag'har in here.

Kul'tiras rejoined the alliance in 8.0 but they can't be playable until Zandalar joins the Horde officially.

If they're going to insist on locking new races behind achievements they could at least make sure they all make sense in the first place.
    Argussian Reach is the questline leading to Alleria becoming a void elf and she is the one who brings them into the Alliance.
    Dark Irons were still iffy considering they kidnapped Anduin, they had a lot to prove before becoming full members.

Both BFA races are scattered messes that were barely still nations at the end of the story.

Kul Tiras was fractured and just dealt with a coup, witches, the tide sages becoming corrupted, and their new admiral had to get people to stop thinking she was a traitor who let her father get killed.

The Zandalari had a coup attempt, a new old gods showing up, a traitor general, loa being killed, and their royal family being tied to the loa of death.

Both nations had major issues to work out before doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Theres literally no point doing lfr, ever. Get better gear from warfront then can queue into normal.
    People do LFR because they can queue up. That is a major point to doing LFR. So you are wrong. As it is, don't tell people how to play the game.

That makes no sense. You finish the Tides of Vengeance campaign before doing the raid, IE the thing that releases next week on N/H. 8.1.5 is at least a month away, so at the earliest it will release at about the same time as the final LFR wing of BFD give or take a few weeks. That's not timegating.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think they just cut the spending, and will not do allied races like they were doing, o they are delaying those to just add 2 more in the end of the expansion.