Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can no longer scrap Azerite gear unintended for your class

wowhead.com/news=289750/titan-residuum-hotfix-cannot-scrap-gear-unintended-for-your-class?webhook/titan-residuum-hotfix-cannot-scrap-gear-unintended-for-your-class[/url]

Seems Blizzard is putting more limits to split runs and preventing players from farming more residuum?

I can understand it. Blizz should have just put a weekly cap on TR and priced the pieces accordingly.

Well, sounds like Mail and Cloth are hosed but Leather and Plate residium runs are going to be going strong.

Why wait 1 week before raid release to do this? They could have done it 4 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Why wait 1 week before raid release to do this? They could have done it 4 weeks ago.
    Remember, Blizzard is a small indie company based in Irvine, CA. You cannot expect their small QC team to catch tiny, inconsequential bugs like this.

The same reason they let these "exploits" and "bugs" exist in the first time; so the developer's buddies can take advantage of it before they shut it down for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    The same reason they let these "exploits" and "bugs" exist in the first time; so the developer's buddies can take advantage of it before they shut it down for everyone else.
    Look man, at least I had the decency of making my facetious remarks obvious. Somebody might actually take you seriously if you don't put a /s in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Look man, at least I had the decency of making my facetious remarks obvious. Somebody might actually take you seriously if you don't put a /s in there somewhere.
    They're not wrong.

I’m a little confused, how were people getting Azerite gear that wasn’t intended for them in the first place? I thought you could only get your class’s armor specialization for azerite, or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    They're not wrong.
    I'd like to introduce you to Hanlon's razor: Do not attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-01-16 at 07:24 AM. Reason: fucking autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I’m a little confused, how were people getting Azerite gear that wasn’t intended for them in the first place? I thought you could only get your class’s armor specialization for azerite, or am I wrong?
    I'm guessing trading. So ppl feeding drops into one person or something.

Probably because they didn't think of it?

This may come as a surprise to random forum hot takes made in hind sight but game developers will always leave loop holes in that can be cheesed, they record data on how players play and adjust the ones they think are too powerful. It's not a matter of waiting, it's a matter of the QA team not thinking about it until they got data of players doing it a lot of live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    it's a matter of the QA team not thinking about it until they got data of players doing it a lot of live.
    I think that's precisely what players don't like about current state of Blizzard : Being data driven rather than thinking like gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    I think that's precisely what players don't like about current state of Blizzard : Being data driven rather than thinking like gamers.
    Current state?

Literally the entire existence of WoW(and literally every online MP game) has been a battle of them wanting you to play the game the way they want you to play it and fixing it when players find ways to game the system that they deem are too far.

It's more like you just don't understand active development of a MP game in general. There are things to complain about at blizzard, then there is shit like this that shows people just want to be out raged for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Literally the entire existence of WoW(and literally every online MP game) has been a battle of them wanting you to play the game the way they want you to play it and fixing it when players find ways to game the system that they deem are too far.
    No problem with that. But the system (azerite aquisition) in the first place is badly build. They keep on adding band aids to the apparent problem without diving to the root. And then just another apparent problem appear on their data charts.
    People are outraged by 1) the core problem 2) the exploit remaining every time 3) the fix killing the fun of 90% of player base to swat 10% 4) the fact that there will be another exploit in 2 days, fixed in 1 month.

I have no mercy for this azerite aquisition system. It was doomed to fail in beta, we told them. It was bad in 8.0 we told them. It is bad in 8.1 we told them. And it's one of the core feature of BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Well, sounds like Mail and Cloth are hosed but Leather and Plate residium runs are going to be going strong.
    Afaik you have to go a level deeper.

As i read this, i cannot as a dk get residium from a pala plate. So to do this, you'd need a raid full of your class, not only armortype.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

Method splitrun comp.

ohno.jpg

I'm going to guess they didn't care as much about ppl grinding themselves to dust doing split runs while there was nothing else to do. Or at least they didn't care enough to get the update in a special release. Pretty clearly though, they don't want split runs to be a thing with new raid launches. Not that they can totally stop it, but seems like they do everything they can.

Rather than assuming malice, I prefer to go with they just didn't realize it was happening for awhile. Which is totally reasonable.

And their attitude towards split runs is reasonable too. They aren't fun, and if you make them unprofitable nobody has to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'd like to introduce you to Hanlon's razor: Do not attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    I dare you to go look at Ion's guild. Compare nerf dates on mythic bosses to his guilds kills. Enlighten yourself.