Thread: Trinket Design

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Trinket Design

In Legion we had the problems with "passive trinkets" like Arcano Crystal which were clearly the best. I'm not sure if the general trinket design in BFA is good or bad, but what I do know is that we still have these trinkets which are just BAD for all situations, all classes and all specs..

(I'm of course talking about the bad trinkets you can get from M+ dungeons or Uldir... not levelling trinkets)

A good example: https://www.wowhead.com/item=158319/...onus=4777:1482

What the point of this trinket? It's just BAD. Why would Blizzard make this? And with all the RNG in the game it's so frustrating that they keep making this sh't. If they can't balance these "interesting" trinkets then maybe they should just keep trinkets as stat sticks? Keep them similar to rings? What would the difference really be other than we would avoid more useless gear?

I know posting this on MMO-champion will not directly result in any changes. But what will? Will making this thread on the official forums make any difference? And please help me understand why they keep make trinkets like this? Is it not clear to Blizzard that these trinkets are pointless?

Why, oh god why?
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-01-16 at 10:58 AM.

It's a blue 310 trinket, it's a placeholder until you get real gear.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's a blue 310 trinket, it's a placeholder until you get real gear.
    No it drops from Priestess in Atal D'zar. It's an "end-game" trinket. You can get it as a high-end M+ reward.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-01-16 at 10:55 AM.

Huh. My mistake, looked like a placeholder. Not every item can be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Huh. My mistake, looked like a placeholder. Not every item can be the best.
    I agree.

However, the Trinkets I'm concerned about are very very very bad. So it's not an issue of "not being the best", it's a issue of "what's the point?".

If a 385 trinket is worse than all other 340 trinkets, then something is wrong, right?
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-01-16 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    No it drops from Priestess in Atal D'zar. It's an "end-game" trinket. You can get it as a high-end M+ reward.
    End game? It drops from level 112 in a 5man.. Since when was that end game?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    There are too many items in the game to keep them all interesting. This trinket is not very bad. It's worse than most other trinkets, but if you've got good proc, you might want to use it for a while.

Now the question is, why G'huun trinket is terrible? It's the last boss and not easy last boss. Surely its trinket should have more value than other ones. It's not just random boss from random dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Why quote if you're not even going to read the whole sentence.

"You can get it as a high-end M+ reward." = End Game is it not?

But yes, even in legion we had high mythic+ trinkets that were pure dogshit :/

It's relevant to End-game.

You can get it from high end M+.

You can easily get a 385 version of it.

Therefore I call it "end-game" because it's a trinket a mythic raider should be able to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassina View Post
    Why quote if you're not even going to read the whole sentence.

"You can get it as a high-end M+ reward." = End Game is it not?

But yes, even in legion we had high mythic+ trinkets that were pure dogshit :/
    M+ is NOT end game..
    It's upscaled levelling content.

- - - Updated - - -

Therefore I call it "end-game" because it's a trinket a mythic raider should be able to use.
    But it's not end game, just because you call it so.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    There are too many items in the game to keep them all interesting. This trinket is not very bad. It's worse than most other trinkets, but if you've got good proc, you might want to use it for a while.

Now the question is, why G'huun trinket is terrible? It's the last boss and not easy last boss. Surely its trinket should have more value than other ones. It's not just random boss from random dungeon.
    The 385 version of that trinket is worse than the 340 versions of other trinkets... so I would call it VERY BAD. And my point is really "Why even put it in the game?"

But I agree with you concerning the G'huun trinket.

- - - Updated - - -

M+ is NOT end game..

- - - Updated - - -

Okay you get your way... I didn't know what to call it so I just used that term. It's not a big deal. let's stop this pointless discussion.

it doesn't change the point of the thread.

M+ is NOT end game..

- - - Updated - - -

Most of these upscaled trinkets as u call them are way way WAY better than uldir trinkets even with few ilvls below and if u cant see a problem here dont know what yo say about it , also another trinket its darkmoon fathoms , crafted trinket bis for alot of classes regardless of what mythic drops they get

The 385 version of that trinket is worse than the 340 versions of other trinkets... so I would call it VERY BAD. And my point is really "Why even put it in the game?"

But I agree with you concerning the G'huun trinket.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay you get your way... I didn't know what to call it so I just used that term. It's not a big deal. let's stop this pointless discussion.

it doesn't change the point of the thread.
    I comepltely agree with you, the trinkets are lackluster at best very unimaginative, Wotlk had some amaing trinkets whcih ould actually chage the way you played ie the armor pen trink deathbringers will, before it wsa revamped, made warriors choose to stack armor pen rating over anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    Most of these upscaled trinkets as u call them are way way WAY better than uldir trinkets even with few ilvls below and if u cant see a problem here dont know what yo say about it , also another trinket its darkmoon fathoms , crafted trinket bis for alot of classes regardless of what mythic drops they get
    Please stop discussing with that guy... he is 46 years old and clearly just wants to be in the way starting a pointless discussion..

M+ is NOT end game..

- - - Updated - - -

Also content that gives you gear with an equal ilvl to mythic raiding .... is not end game .. what are you smoking

- - - Updated - - -

Please stop discussing with that guy... he is 46 years old and clearly just wants to be in the way starting a pointless discussion..
    True dat ill drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    I comepltely agree with you, the trinkets are lackluster at best very unimaginative, Wotlk had some amaing trinkets whcih ould actually chage the way you played ie the armor pen trink deathbringers will, before it wsa revamped, made warriors choose to stack armor pen rating over anything else.
    More like the classes that dealt physical damage(feral,fury,combat,marks) wanted this trinket because it was bis as it had an armor pen proc .

i just compared the 385 version of my'das to the 385 version of Frenetic Corpuscle and Dead-Eye spyglass (which are the most used trinket for outlaw in uldir atm) on my rogue and the difference between my'das and those 2 is ~200 dps (acording to sims so end results may differ but it shouldnt much), so its not that big of a deal, and since its an "On use" trinket with a 1.5 min cd, it can potentially be used to burst some priotiry adds that spawn at simmilar intervals
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-01-16 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i just compared the 385 version of my'das to the 385 version of Frenetic Corpuscle and Dead-Eye spyglass (which are the most used trinket for outlaw in uldir atm) on my rogue and the difference between my'das and those 2 is ~200 dps (acording to sims so end results may differ but it shouldnt much), so its not that big of a deal, and since its an "On use" trinket with a 1.5 min cd, it can potentially be used to burst some priotiry adds that spawn at simmilar intervals
    My issues is also that it's clearly a "single target trinket" but it is still worse on single target than other trinkets which also add huge value in AOE situations. It just doesn't make sense. So I'm really curious about how Blizzard design these trinkets... because it seems to be really random. It doesn't seem like there are much thought or data behind the decisions.

M+ is NOT end game..

- - - Updated - - -

And it isn't end game just because you say it isn't. End game is what someone wants end game to be. If pushing m+ is that person's endgame then you cannot tell them otherwise. All you can do is say what YOU think endgame is and have an argument of opinions.

Don't be an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 385 version of that trinket is worse than the 340 versions of other trinkets.
    No, it's not. For outlaw rogue it's better than most 370 versions, for example. For some specs may be.