Poll: Which mouse would you recommend

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New mouse needed!

So my Naga that i've had for years is starting to stick which causes problems in game so like the title states, I need a new mouse. I like having the buttons on the side so my options are narrowed down to only a few...

Razer Naga Chroma
    Corsair Scimitar
    Roccat Nyth
    Logitech g600

Any of you recommend any of these?

Edit - If you have any other suggestions please feel free to say.
    Last edited by aarro; 2019-01-15 at 09:48 PM.

I’d stay away from Razer. 6-8 months in your left click no longer works.

Can’t go wrong with Logitech, very nice mouse.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends a lot on your hand size and the way you grip the mouse especially when it comes to macro buttons. The Scimitar is a nice mouse especially with the sliding macro keys to fit your hand and the G600 is what I'd call the work horse if ever there was one. If you're only looking in a certain budget I'd even look in to a UtechSmart Venus. Weird off-brand but it's easily the best budget mouse around that won't fall apart on you. Redragon is another brand I've come to trust.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-01-15 at 09:56 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hand size is above average i'd say and I guess I use the claw grip on my mouse dragging my little finger on the mouse pad.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have the Roccat and it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post

I have had my Razer for sixteen years now and it's as good as new... best mouse that I ever bought.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    I have had my Razer for sixteen years now and it's as good as new... best mouse that I ever bought.
    So you got the products early then?

I thought they were founded in 2005 O.o

I, too, was wondering about that. That being said, Razer is back to being “fine”. They had a serious drop in quality (on mice in particular) for several years, but they have largely recovered to “average” or “OK” quality.

My Razer keyboards have always done me well. ALL of my Razer mice have died after a couple of years, but I still loved them and have continued to purchase them. BUT, my next mouse and keyboard will be from another company, as Razer's "For Gamers by Gamers" motto, and the "cult of Razer" have basically been overshadowed by their diving into crypto mining.

Rant aside, my next purchases will probably be Asus.

G600 is a great product imo. Only down size is it is a little on the big side but if you hards are Trumpish then you will be fine.

I use the naga, and just purchase the replacement plan on it. So every couple years I just have it replaced for the cost of the plan (usually less than half the cost of the item) and get a new plan.

This 100%

I like Razer Naga and Deathadder but after 3-5 months your left or right click will break.

At least for the Deathadder (its a 1:1 copy of the old Microsoft intelli) I had enough and just bought the Microsoft intelli reissue, build like a tank, nothing changed from the old mouse with unbreakable buttons and the same weight/size as the razer.

I don't even think its a quality control issue with razer, its more a bad design - or maybe just built-in obsolescence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the NAGA for a while back in.. 2014? I think? 3 of them broke just through normal usage within a year.

Swapped to G600 and it still works, although I stopped using it since I no longer have a need for the buttons

I'm pretty sure that I bought my Diamondback Chameleon back in 2003 and here is one for sale that was made in 2004.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Mouse-...-/331724781090

10+ Year Old Account
    My razer naga managed to last 6 months before left click stopped working. I've had my Logitech G600 for 5 years now and it is only now that the left click sometimes double click.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know Razer has it's critics but this Naga I have has lasted 6 or 7 years so I have had my money's worth out of it. The problem I have now is that I like something different from each of the mice mentions so the struggle is real... lol

I also got this from wikipedia: Razer began as a subsidiary of kärna LLC in 1998, created to develop and market a high-end computer gaming mouse, the Boomslang, targeted to computer gamers. Kärna ceased operations in 2000 due to financial issues. The current iteration of Razer was founded in 2005 by Min-Liang Tan, a Singaporean NUS graduate and the brain behind the company,[9] and Robert Krakoff after they procured the rights to the Razer brand.

So I'm pretty sure that my Razer Diamondback Chameleon was produced by kärna LLC.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2019-01-16 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Well I know Razer has it's critics but this Naga I have has lasted 6 or 7 years so I have had my money's worth out of it. The problem I have now is that I like something different from each of the mice mentions so the struggle is real... lol
    Buy this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Mouse-...-/331724781090

It's expensive but it will last you forever... I have had mine since 2003 and it's as good as new or I would have replaced it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Could always do the real nerd thing and have multiple mice. But that sounds silly.

- - - Updated - - -

It's expensive but it will last you forever... I have had mine since 2003 and it's as good as new or I would have replaced it.
    600 USD? Jesus christ

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe if I win the lottery lol