Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    All they got to do with Biden is show the CSPAN video where Biden is talking about cutting medicare and social security and that is all she wrote for him.
    I forgot about that. When Richard Ojeda is to the left of you you’re in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Hella clutch View Post
    I forgot about that. When Richard Ojeda is to the left of you you’re in trouble.
    Pretty much.

The Democrats have all the need to win, they just have to avoid throwing it away like they did in 2016 with Clinton and their actions during the primaries. While Russia was a factor, their own actions were also a factor and could have overcome Russian meddling if they had been impartial with their stuff but instead, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Democrats need to get someone that the people WANT to come out and vote for and not just someone on the other side to vote against.

I won't lie, Trump has been such a horrible person, that just voting against him should be enough regardless of about who they run short of Clinton (Hell, they get Clinton the primary after all that has happened and I will be attempted to vote Trump just to get them unfuck themselves and listen to their voters).

But after all this, they need to listen to their voters otherwise they just stay home. Having demographics on your side isn't enough when you work harder at ignoring them then listening to them in favor of donors.

I think if they actually start pushing for their stuff instead of paying lip service, those "Unreliable Younger Voters" might end up being more reliable. I personally didn't vote till 2016 with Sanders being the one who actually gave me something worth voting for. Before that, I saw both parties as mostly throwing my vote away because they paid lip service to issues and never really tried to fix them many times.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Once we don't have Putin's cock holster in the Oval Office and the Democrats run the whole show, Russia will get their comeuppance.
    Like when the previous Democratic president allowed the Syrian Civil War to be dictated on Russian terms or when he was caught on a hot mic in 2012 telling Medvedev that he would be more flexible with Russia upon being re-elected?

There is a very real chance that someone like Tulsi Gabbard could end up in the White House in 2020 who, like Trump, is more than willing to cooperate with authoritarian regimes for their own purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Like when the previous Democratic president allowed the Syrian Civil War to be dictated on Russian terms or when he was caught on a hot mic in 2012 telling Medvedev that he would be more flexible with Russia upon being re-elected?

There is a very real chance that someone like Tulsi Gabbard could end up in the White House in 2020 who, like Trump, is more than willing to cooperate with authoritarian regimes for their own purposes.
    Oh the irony... it hurts so much...

There is just so much there, you can't be doing this by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh the irony... it hurts so much...

There is just so much there, you can't be doing this by accident.
    Not an argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not an argument.
    Yeah, neither was saying Hillary’s no fly zone, was the start of a WW3. But, now here you are... talking about the guy who presided during implementation of Maginsky act, handing over Syria, because of a hot mic saying he wants better relations with Russia. You know, something that most politicians do, without private meeting in Trump tower or dinners with Russian officials after hosting a beauty pageant in Moscow... America first...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Pretty much.

The Democrats have all the need to win, they just have to avoid throwing it away like they did in 2016 with Clinton and their actions during the primaries. While Russia was a factor, their own actions were also a factor and could have overcome Russian meddling if they had been impartial with their stuff but instead, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Democrats need to get someone that the people WANT to come out and vote for and not just someone on the other side to vote against.

I won't lie, Trump has been such a horrible person, that just voting against him should be enough regardless of about who they run short of Clinton (Hell, they get Clinton the primary after all that has happened and I will be attempted to vote Trump just to get them unfuck themselves and listen to their voters).

But after all this, they need to listen to their voters otherwise they just stay home. Having demographics on your side isn't enough when you work harder at ignoring them then listening to them in favor of donors.

I think if they actually start pushing for their stuff instead of paying lip service, those "Unreliable Younger Voters" might end up being more reliable. I personally didn't vote till 2016 with Sanders being the one who actually gave me something worth voting for. Before that, I saw both parties as mostly throwing my vote away because they paid lip service to issues and never really tried to fix them many times.
    I'll say this much.

I was part of the problem because I voted third party. Hated both Clinton and Trump... couldn't stand to vote for either of them.

If I had the chance to vote again, I'd vote Clinton in in a heartbeat. Trump has proven every negative I took him for and then some.

Not to think the democrats would do it again, but if Clinton were on the ballot as a pompous "I told you so" (not unlike her puppet tweet), I'd still vote for her. That's how much trump has pushed me towards the left.

I have learned through long experience not to underestimate the US voter base, because it's basically impossible.

Still, doesn't seem very likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Not an argument.
    He wasn't really making one, you kind of made it for him, he was just dunking on you for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

HEY OP.. You seriously think Trump will win reelection in 2020..after what he's done? You got issues..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    HEY OP.. You seriously think Trump will win reelection in 2020..after what he's done? You got issues..
    Can you imagine the rhetoric from DNC potentials starting in September. With every single one claiming they will reopen the government? I think Trump might have a challenge in the primaries if it comes to that. With GOP blame being sub 10% for the shutdown, I think a challenge can come up on opening the government from GOP.

But... I doubt it lasts 9 more months... right? There is no way?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He wasn't really making one, you kind of made it for him, he was just dunking on you for it.
    What did I make for him?

I can't understand even fellow conservatives attempting to help him get re-elected at this point. He's insane and unpredictable, a conspiracy theorist and a daily public embarrassment. What would they have to gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    What would they have to gain?
    The only thing the matters- maximal Liberal tears.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I can't understand even fellow conservatives attempting to help him get re-elected at this point. He's insane and unpredictable, a conspiracy theorist and a daily public embarrassment. What would they have to gain?
    It's what they have to lose: Whatever remains of their party's legitimacy. If he's defeated by a challenger from the opposition party, they can at least try to be graceful about it. If they have to replace their own guy before the election cycle even gets out of the primaries, they'd actually have to address the questions of "how did we let it get this bad in the first place" which they've been desperately ignoring basically since the orange dumbass was sworn into office.

A way to get good policies passed.

I'm going to vote for Trump.

Unless the democrats run someone who's exemplary.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm going to vote for Trump.

Unless the democrats run someone who's exemplary.
    US troops were just killed in Syria, by ISIS. Do you think there is anything Trump could do in response, to change your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's what they have to lose: Whatever remains of their party's legitimacy. If he's defeated by a challenger from the opposition party, they can at least try to be graceful about it. If they have to replace their own guy before the election cycle even gets out of the primaries, they'd actually have to address the questions of "how did we let it get this bad in the first place" which they've been desperately ignoring basically since the orange dumbass was sworn into office.
    Graceful like how? Complain for 2+ years about "but muh popular vote" like the dems did?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Graceful like how? Complain for 2+ years about "but muh popular vote" like the dems did?
    Yeah, when did “by the people, for the people, of the people” become a democrat outcry? Last I checked, it’s not democrats that wave the Gadsden flag. You think 2 years is too long? What do you call confederate pride?

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Democrats will offer a reasonably moderate candidate. If they go extreme to appeal to their rabid base, we may be looking at 4 more years of Trump imo.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)