Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    They made the decision in Legion to make sweeping redesign of classes and specs, splitting up the Rogue specs to each feel "more unique".

I have mained a Rogue since 2004. I didn't main Subtlety, Assassination, or Outlaw, I see myself as first and foremost a Rogue however none of the new specs feels like a Rogue any longer. Each has taken some piece of it and amplified that, while forgetting over a decade of design and polish and the core Rogue fantasy at its roots.

Take Subtlety for example, which despite my overall loyalty to the class first and foremost, was always my favorite spec. Shadow Dance used to be one of the most exciting abilities in the game, because it was a powerful cooldown that allowed you to use your opening moves outside of Stealth. This could increase your burst damage by a lot, but it was also extremely useful for the utility, particularly so in PvP. What Blizzard did was they decided Shadow Dance is going to the basis of the spec now, the core of its rotation. On paper this may even sound like a good idea, but in practice it is absolute garbage. First, they deleted half of the opening moves that we could use while Dancing, so now it's really just a vehicle for spamming three buttons. Yes it happens more often, but it's not exciting when it happens, it's just a mundane piece of the rotation. Second, they deleted all of the core Rogue flavor that exists outside of Shadow Dance.... now it's just the entire spec.

I say this as someone who loved Shadow Dance, it's my favorite button in the game. New Subtlety Rogue is based entirely around Shadow Dance, and I fucking hate it. This is a trashed version of the masterpiece that I loved for over a decade.

The actual ClassFantasyTM itself is extremely cringe, hamfisted, and derpy. All of the actual Subtlety is gone, all the sneaky trickery replaced with gaudy purple particle effects, meanwhile I have no poisons, no bleeds, I don't have Gouge which I'd had keybound on the same button (my "4" key) for well over a decade. This isn't a Rogue, I fucking hate everything that they've done to my character, and that's why my subscription is canceled.

- - - Updated - - -

How about instead of removing abilities and slowing the game down to try to dumb it down for bad PvPers they let the bad PvPers grow and learn -- just like every good PvPer had to do in order to learn to play.
    Just saying... Assassination hasn't really changed at all since at least Cataclysm (when I started maining a rogue).

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    This is funny because on the hardcore end of the spectrum they feel the game is too casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    what are you talking about?? what challenge is there for a casual? every part of the game is a cakewalk outside of things a casual wouldnt even try to do
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    WHat?? It's the exact opposite. You can just AFK in a warfronts and get heroic raid loot. Do 4 world quests and get heroic raid loot. Do 4 timewalking dubgeons and get heroic raid loot. Do a +5 and you get heroic raid loot. This game is so casual friendky it's a fucking joke. And now next patch emissaries are going to give gear that is stronger than mythic uldir. Like what the fuck? Everything in the game is faceroll. How is your complaint that she it's too casual? Are you blind, deaf, and one handed?
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Outside of a few areas, there's no challenge in WoW whatsoever.
    Yeah. And all of a sudden I'm unsubbed now. Why? It would take too long to explain and I've already mentioned all this problems in many other threads. In short. Game is super casual and super easy? Yeah. But all of a sudden Blizzard constantly make it "harder" and "harder".
    1) Flying is removed => broken world design
    1.1) Too small locations
    1.1.1) Overcomplicated navigation
    1.1.2) Too few mobs
    1.1.3) Too high density of mobs
    1.1.4) Too high respawn rates
    1.1.5) Too overcrowded areas
    1.2) Forced PVP
    1.2.1) Too many PVP-flagged mobs, you can't avoid
    1.2.2) Routes are blocked by PVP areas
    1.2.3) PVE objectives, that force you into PVP areas
    1.3) Overnerfed class mechanics/overtuned mobs
    1.3.1) Some classes/specs are too weak to deal with all crap, mentioned above
    1.3.2) Overall annoying and not enjoyable gameplay
    1.3.3) Can't do things without overgear
    2) Old content is ruined now
    2.1) Patch 7.3.5
    2.1.1) Broken scaling
    2.1.2) Rares buffed and have +1..3 levels now, that means +100..300% increased damage
    2.1.3) Old content, like Draenor one, that was very enjoyable in the past, is terrible now
    2.1.4) Broken scaling in old dungeons and raids - "everything 2 xpack old should be one-shot" rule no longer works
    2.2) Patch 8.0.1
    2.2.1) Ilvl pruning has removed gear progression from old content, like MOP rep grinds
    2.2.2) Old content is "always hard" now, cuz you can't compensate it's difficulty level by gear progression
    3) Bad reward system
    3.1) Azerite system is just boring
    3.2) "Potentially endless" content
    3.2.1) RNG, grind, time-gating.
    3.2.2) Everything is PVPish "just play and eventually you'll get some rewards"
    3.2.3) No way to work towards guaranteed rewards
    3.2.4) "Potentially endless" content means you can't reach your goal, but no goal = no reason to play
    3.3) No fun and immersive long term progression feature, like Garrison
    4) Bad xpack theme and story
    4.1) War is pulled out of thin air
    4.2) Just Warcraft RTS Vietnamese flashback nostalgia "Orcs vs Humans" crap
    4.3) Sylvanas is obvious evil
    4.4) No logic in story and no connection with previous xpacks
    4.5) I betrayed and killed Garrosh. Why should I serve to Sylvanas, who behaves exactly the same?
    4.6) Three xpacks in a row were based on Garrosh's story and consequences of his actions. Thrown to trash now?
    4.7) No way to RP Rabellion for players, who want it - story is predetermined, there is no choice
    4.8) One quest with Saurfang doesn't mean anything, cuz war still continues and we still serve Sylvanas
    5) Overall boring, tedious, annoying, stressful, etc. gameplay. No way to relax, enjoy game and get fun.

Have I missed something? Don't you think, that this list is way too long for "best MMO on market", that still requires sub fee to play it?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-01-16 at 06:17 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Just saying... Assassination hasn't really changed at all since at least Cataclysm (when I started maining a rogue).
    The point he is making, which is often overlooked when talking about the talent trees, is that Blizzard took one complete class and split it into 3 sub classes. Really think about the Vanilla-WotLK talent trees and the Cata-now talent trees. Pre-Cata, you had your class (Rogue) and three specializations that you could put points into. You had, what 71 points in WotlK? You could spend those 71 points between your three trees however you wanted, with the only restriction you had to put at least 5 points in a row before you could unlock the next row. This system did create cookie cutter specs. What people always forget is that those cookie cutter specs were discovered via hours upon hours of experimentation. Occasionally an unforseen interaction between talents, spells/abilities, and game systems would be found. Look at early T7 in Wrath and the short lived Tricks of the Trade Rogue build. It was a build that seemed unorthodox and bad at first glace, but the interactions it had with your raid and class made it top tier. For those that don't know, you could spec so that every time someone in your group got a crit you got a combo point on target. This ended up allowing Rogues to spam finishers all fight long rather than do a standard rotation. Blizzard had not forseen this interaction, and quickly fixed it so that the spec was no longer viable. This is a very important note to remember. From Vanilla-WotLK hybrid specs would pop up that made a class perform outside of the parameters Blizzard expected it to in one way or another (Like SL/SL Locks in PvP as another example). Balancing so many different talent combonations is a nightmare, because there were so many permutations and so much freedom to choose that players would eventually figure out how to make something broken if given enough time and motivation. So, come Cata Blizzard changed talents. Now, a lot of the fluff talents and abilities were gone and made baseline. You had smaller talent trees (naturally easier to balance) that consisted of activated abilities and a few more impactful passives. However, the problem of being able to freely choose where your points go could still make balancing difficult. So, Blizzard locked you into a tree for your first 31 points, severely limiting how far down the other trees you could also go. Your actual talent choices mattered very little, as they were designed to force 31 points in one tree and the early talents in the others were balanced around their availability. This is MUCH easier to balance on Blizzard's end, and they convinced the community that it was for their benefit because the new baseline abilities and mastery would make their spec feel more like a spec. But that's not what it did. It removed player choice. It split what were once complete classes into 3 sub classes. Blizzard took this further in MoP, getting rid of trees altogether and giving us the current talent system. Again, they convince the community that this newer system offers more player choice as opposed to the cookie cutter system we had before. But does it really? You now play a spec, not a class. Assassination may not have changed much since Cata but that's because Assassination is its own class now. It's much easier for Blizzard to balance when you're locked into playing in the way that they define for you. Blizzard has succeeded in removing depth, removing choice, removing customization, and making their development time easier by convincing the playerbase that doing all of this is for their benefit.

The current state of class design isn't some sudden directive from Ion. This has been the long term plan since Cataclysm. Blizzard wants you to play the way they want you to play, because player agency is impossible to balance. You cannot balance a player driven game like WoW without fundamentally changing it from being player driven. Your specs are easy to balance because their abilities/spells have a limited number of interactions with your talents and do not interact with your other specs. Your talents are easy to balance because there are less of them, each row can be themed, and they only interact with your provided set of baseline tools. There are no unforseen and unique interactions that occur because Blizzard has removed the possibility in favor of balance. Class design has become so bad because it is hard to make every class feel unique while also trying to make the players play the game the way you want it to.

Blizzard are the masters at removing depth from their games but convincing the playerbase that they've actually added depth and made the game better.

It's an old MMO. The time of MMOs has come and gone.

And Cristine Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah. And all of a sudden I'm unsubbed now. Why? It would take too long to explain and I've already mentioned all this problems in many other threads. In short. Game is super casual and super easy? Yeah. But all of a sudden Blizzard constantly make it "harder" and "harder".
    1) Flying is removed => broken world design
    1.1) Too small locations
    1.1.1) Overcomplicated navigation
    1.1.2) Too few mobs
    1.1.3) Too high density of mobs
    1.1.4) Too high respawn rates
    1.1.5) Too overcrowded areas
    1.2) Forced PVP
    1.2.1) Too many PVP-flagged mobs, you can't avoid
    1.2.2) Routes are blocked by PVP areas
    1.2.3) PVE objectives, that force you into PVP areas
    1.3) Overnerfed class mechanics/overtuned mobs
    1.3.1) Some classes/specs are too weak to deal with all crap, mentioned above
    1.3.2) Overall annoying and not enjoyable gameplay
    1.3.3) Can't do things without overgear
    2) Old content is ruined now
    2.1) Patch 7.3.5
    2.1.1) Broken scaling
    2.1.2) Rares buffed and have +1..3 levels now, that means +100..300% increased damage
    2.1.3) Old content, like Draenor one, that was very enjoyable in the past, is terrible now
    2.1.4) Broken scaling in old dungeons and raids - "everything 2 xpack old should be one-shot" rule no longer works
    2.2) Patch 8.0.1
    2.2.1) Ilvl pruning has removed gear progression from old content, like MOP rep grinds
    2.2.2) Old content is "always hard" now, cuz you can't compensate it's difficulty level by gear progression
    3) Bad reward system
    3.1) Azerite system is just boring
    3.2) "Potentially endless" content
    3.2.1) RNG, grind, time-gating.
    3.2.2) Everything is PVPish "just play and eventually you'll get some rewards"
    3.2.3) No way to work towards guaranteed rewards
    3.2.4) "Potentially endless" content means you can't reach your goal, but no goal = no reason to play
    3.3) No fun and immersive long term progression feature, like Garrison
    4) Bad xpack theme and story
    4.1) War is pulled out of thin air
    4.2) Just Warcraft RTS Vietnamese flashback nostalgia "Orcs vs Humans" crap
    4.3) Sylvanas is obvious evil
    4.4) No logic in story and no connection with previous xpacks
    4.5) I betrayed and killed Garrosh. Why should I serve to Sylvanas, who behaves exactly the same?
    4.6) Three xpacks in a row were based on Garrosh's story and consequences of his actions. Thrown to trash now?
    4.7) No way to RP Rabellion for players, who want it - story is predetermined, there is no choice
    4.8) One quest with Saurfang doesn't mean anything, cuz war still continues and we still serve Sylvanas
    5) Overall boring, tedious, annoying, stressful, etc. gameplay. No way to relax, enjoy game and get fun.

Have I missed something? Don't you think, that this list is way too long for "best MMO on market", that still requires sub fee to play it?
    what spawn rates have to do with it being harder? its easier to kill the mobs(yeah, even with scaling)

all the pvp can be turned off

not enjoyable and annoying gameplay doesnt add any complexity(tho i agree that its not enjoyable and annoying, but for me its also because its easy as fuck actually)

you can do things without overgear

how is old content ruined? like ofc some of the changes are dumb, but i dont think it made it HARDER in any way..

scaling is dumb and can make it harder, but doesnt make it hard still tho

rares used to be unkillable solo(unless you're a hunter), now you can actually kill them solo

all the gear/ilvl doesnt make the game harder

also the oneshot rule was never a thing actually(for example you couldnt literally oneshot TBC shit in cata)

bad reward system doesnt make the game hard in any way

story doesnt make the game hard

basically you said that they forced "challenge" even tho they actually removed it

what spawn rates have to do with it being harder? its easier to kill the mobs(yeah, even with scaling)

all the pvp can be turned off

not enjoyable and annoying gameplay doesnt add any complexity(tho i agree that its not enjoyable and annoying, but for me its also because its easy as fuck actually)

you can do things without overgear

how is old content ruined? like ofc some of the changes are dumb, but i dont think it made it HARDER in any way..

scaling is dumb and can make it harder, but doesnt make it hard still tho

rares used to be unkillable solo(unless you're a hunter), now you can actually kill them solo

all the gear/ilvl doesnt make the game harder

also the oneshot rule was never a thing actually(for example you couldnt literally oneshot TBC shit in cata)

bad reward system doesnt make the game hard in any way

story doesnt make the game hard

basically you said that they forced "challenge" even tho they actually removed it
    Sorry, but my experience shows opposite. I've participated in both Alpha and Beta and found out, that BFA wasn't enjoyable for me, as any previous xpack prior to return of flying. And I didn't have any plans to quit Wow, when patch 7.3.5 was released. I planned to do old content and level alts till 8.2 as usual. But all of a sudden I found out, that my favorite content was ruined. I tested it on new characters and compared my experience with experience prior to patch. And... +100-300% dmg is big thing, you know. For example rares are needed for progression in WOD. They were hard, challenging and required tactics in the past and it was great enough. And now with +300% dmg they're just impossible without group. Who would bother about group in 2 xpack old content? Nobody. For whom did Blizzard this weird change? I don't know. This is pure "making game more challenging just for the sake of making it more challenging". Yeah. And making this content impossible for me. Back in old time this content was easy in full 695 gear. But this is purpose of overgear, isn't it? But now it's impossible without 695 gear, cuz you can't kill any rares, except may be easiest ones. Got to hell, Blizzard. And then 8.0.1 was released... And MOP content was destroyed too. Ilvl pruning = no gear progression. Gear always have exactly the same ilvl - ilvl of quest greens. And some dailies are way too challenging for quest greens.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

All toon are boring and clunky.

And the lore/story for BFA is lame, very very lame

Plus, I have enough of Trolls already, this giant Zul gurub expansion theme... bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    1.) The game is mainly played by casual and solo players. Yet the devs bias is to focus the endgame progression on premade groups. Matchmade content is neither fun nor rewarding (as like LFR). Raids are still the component which receives the most effort, and only the organized difficulties matter to the devs. PVP is only rewarding in rated matches, everything else is not worth to be played.
    2.) Solo players make a large percentage of the playerbase, being a loner is being part of a large audience. Yet, people are forced into groups if they want a challenge.
    3.) The game design focuses on time gating and weekly caps, while people want to work for their rewards
    4.) The world content burns people out too fast. You know that after you sent thousands of turtles into the water.
    5.) eSport and class diversity / immersion are detrimental to each other. While we talk about a RPG, the game is way too much catered to competition.
    Your problem is that it's not solo focused enough? Really? You are complaining that you can't do the most challenging content in the game by yourself? In an MMO. Really? You can see every bit of content in this game playing solo. You can only get to the most challening activities by interacting with other people. Solo only player don't have a place in an MMO. When you cater to them it stops being an MMO and just becomes a regular RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    This thread is so sad. I have never seen as many people writing long paragraphs from the bottom of their heart that will never be read.
    At the same time, however, it gives people a reason to think about their thoughts. I.e, why do I (A random person) dislike the game, is it because everyone else says it and I think I understand? It helps them pinpoint their specific qualms with the game and better understand themselves. For life in general, simply writing out what one believes allows them to reflect and delve deep into their thought process. So yes, while this thread may not be read as I did not start it on the WoW Forums (My fault), it still benefits each person. Notice, other threads may have had answers such as "M+ is crap, Azerite Bad, the end" whereas here, they are able to develop their thoughts whilst also reflecting on others'. It boils down to thinking for one's self, understanding their thought process and further developing their opinions and personal knowledge skills.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Sorry, but my experience shows opposite. I've participated in both Alpha and Beta and found out, that BFA wasn't enjoyable for me, as any previous xpack prior to return of flying. And I didn't have any plans to quit Wow, when patch 7.3.5 was released. I planned to do old content and level alts till 8.2 as usual. But all of a sudden I found out, that my favorite content was ruined. I tested it on new characters and compared my experience with experience prior to patch. And... +100-300% dmg is big thing, you know. For example rares are needed for progression in WOD. They were hard, challenging and required tactics in the past and it was great enough. And now with +300% dmg they're just impossible without group. Who would bother about group in 2 xpack old content? Nobody. For whom did Blizzard this weird change? I don't know. This is pure "making game more challenging just for the sake of making it more challenging". Yeah. And making this content impossible for me. Back in old time this content was easy in full 695 gear. But this is purpose of overgear, isn't it? But now it's impossible without 695 gear, cuz you can't kill any rares, except may be easiest ones. Got to hell, Blizzard. And then 8.0.1 was released... And MOP content was destroyed too. Ilvl pruning = no gear progression. Gear always have exactly the same ilvl - ilvl of quest greens. And some dailies are way too challenging for quest greens.
    Leveling content is broken because Blizzard wants you to buy boosts. Full stop. The argument of "why would they lock heritage armor behind leveling up then" is stupid. Most of the players that will buy a boost don't care about the transmog armor, they want to use a boost to play a different class. It's even more apparent when you realize that only ALLIED RACE heritage armor requires leveling. Locking it behind leveling only pushes the player to slog through the poorly maintained leveling content, further enticing them to give in and buy a boost. If you're not playing an Allied Race this gets even worse, since there's no incentive to not buy a boost. The whole time Blizzard is sitting there convincing us that leveling was actually worse off before and this is now somehow better and more meaningful. They never seem to address the reason why they slowed down the broken leveling system. It's been broken for a long time. The solution was to make it stupid fast so that you didn't have to slog through it as much. Blizzard introduces boosts, telling the community that it's to bring returning and new players back up to speed, and leaves leveling speed the same. Then out of nowhere they slow it way down at the end of Legion. Now, leveling is still broken, but it's a different kind of broken. Instead of being braindead fast, it's now very slow. Leveling being so slow highlights all of the problems with the leveling content that weren't noticed as much before because it was so quick to get through it. Don't want to deal with the problem? Buy a boost! Playing a new Allied Race? We want to entice you to buy a boost by making levelling super shitty, then when you do you'll regret it because you didn't get the transmog. You will now roll a second Allied Race to grind. Hopefully you will get fed up with our crapp, slow leveling content and buy a boost again. What would have been ZERO ADDITIONAL DOLLARS in the old broken system is now another $60 or more.

The solution was always to make leveling faster based on the number of max level characters you have. But, that solution doesn't involve extra revenue from services so Blizzard won't do it. And this isn't some far fetched conspiracy. I don't know why people seem to have such a hard time believing that a business can and will exploit its customers for every last penny it can. Anybody that has experience in the business world knows that companies will come up with very clever ways to market an inferior product to you if they can. Just because Blizzard is a game company that used to be all about the customer, doesn't mean they've been like that for some time. They certainly aren't like that now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    too many levels to grind with nothing to show for it. for most classes, you've fleshed out your spellbook by 70 or in a few cases 80. the remaining 60-50-40 levels are just grind where your only real progress is numbers.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

I am not going to debunk those myths over and over. I am not responsible for your lack of knowledge what MMORPG really means. And i can assure you it is not Massive Multiplayer Organized Group Only Online Raiding and Dungeon Game.
    No but it is massively multiplayer. What you want is for it to be a single player game with optional multiplayer content. You want a different game in a different genre. This game was never for people like you, and it has increasingly moved TOWARDS being for people like you. The fact that you're oblivious to this and complaining that it isn't singleplayer enough is hilarious. What, you're mad because you can't go do Uldir by yourself? You're mad that you have to interact with other players in an MMO? Really? Did you ever think that this game and this genre isn't for you? How about playing games that let you do all of the content 100% solo rather than demanding a game designed around player interaction be changed to a singleplayer experience? You do understand that the reason solo players make up most of the playerbase is because the people that enjoy the MMO portion of the game have largely left, due to MMO elements being consistently removed in favor of a smoother solo player experience, right?

You want to play a solo RPG? Go play one. Stay out of genres that are based around player interaction.

I am not going to debunk those myths over and over. I am not responsible for your lack of knowledge what MMORPG really means. And i can assure you it is not Massive Multiplayer Organized Group Only Online Raiding and Dungeon Game.
    there is something between "solo" and "organized groups"

there is something between "solo" and "organized groups"
    What he wants is to walk into Uldir and clear it at his pace on his schedule. He does not want to have to form a group or get into one. He wants a completely different genre of game and will do mental gymnastics to convince himself (and you) that having all content be soloable is good for an MMO.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elidan456 View Post
    Can't wait to see "What is wrong with Classic WoW" Post. Spank and tank content, 2 buttons rotation, too much trash, OP classes, raid loot that you want but won't drop and much more!
    The thing is that you go play Classic knowing what it will be like. If you don't like it, you can stay in [current xpac] with its awesome 4 buttons rotation, trashy dungeons, butchered classes and loot that you want but won't drop (hello RNG along with removal of ML). I know I didn't ask for anything like that when I bought BfA, especially after a passable xpac such as Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    No but it is massively multiplayer. What you want is for it to be a single player game with optional multiplayer content. You want a different game in a different genre. This game was never for people like you, and it has increasingly moved TOWARDS being for people like you. The fact that you're oblivious to this and complaining that it isn't singleplayer enough is hilarious. What, you're mad because you can't go do Uldir by yourself? You're mad that you have to interact with other players in an MMO? Really? Did you ever think that this game and this genre isn't for you? How about playing games that let you do all of the content 100% solo rather than demanding a game designed around player interaction be changed to a singleplayer experience? You do understand that the reason solo players make up most of the playerbase is because the people that enjoy the MMO portion of the game have largely left, due to MMO elements being consistently removed in favor of a smoother solo player experience, right?

You want to play a solo RPG? Go play one. Stay out of genres that are based around player interaction.
    It is an MMO, sure. The RPG part is where it's severely lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Something engaging outside of dungeons, raids, and instanced PvP; a world to interact/participate/change/make a difference in; something world-content based that isn't literally a chore (WQ's) and has dynamic effects on the map/world the players play in. Kind of like GW2 dynamic quests, but on a massive scale.

Imagine getting a pop up on your screen while you're killing the pigs in Drustvar for the 600th time for a WQ that says an Old God Lieutenant/whatever has unearthed in the swamps of Nazmir with his little invading Old God minions. Dazar'alor is under attack by the minions, but who gives a fuck you're alliance and want fat loots from the big dude. Skirmishes break out during the battle with the Old God between the factions. The Old God is dead and now you must purify the land he's tainted. But wait! An immense sand storm has picked up in Vol'dun and is tearing apart the Terrace of the Devoted, the source of which you find is a massive Sand Elemental! And it was a distraction to invade the Temple of Akunda! And you must stop him before the temple is overtaken! Make a choice between defending the Terrace of the Devoted for a massive resource gain or take down the Sand Elemental. Alliance assassins have been spotted in Orgrimmar, find them (if you're horde)! A clue has been found to the whereabouts of Thrall! A volcano has erupted in Hyjal, literally everything that has to do with Nightelves is on fire, do something! Battle to the top of the Tower of Infinities for a buff that will buff anyone near you (like in a raid). etc. etc.

With that comes a necessity for a proper sharding system that doesn't lag the fuck out, and a redesign of their entire networking infrastructure.
    Last edited by stigz; 2019-01-16 at 10:31 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    too many levels to grind with nothing to show for it. for most classes, you've fleshed out your spellbook by 70 or in a few cases 80. the remaining 60-50-40 levels are just grind where your only real progress is numbers.
    That's exactly it.
    by 120 whole new area's of a character should be opening.
    They gave people crappy azerite

The only massive multiplayer setting a MMORPG sets is a shared world alongside a massive amount of players.

Neither does it define grouping up as mandatory, nor does it define raiding and dungeons as the one and only high end content.

I mean.. the game is named "World of Warcraft" and not "Raids and Dungeons for organized players of Warcraft"..

Actually, the world is the most important part about a MMORPG. A living, breathing world.

And where is the world still alive? Low level zones: Dead. Endgame zones: Close to dead. And instanced content is what is left. And loved by the devs.
    its not mandatory to group with players.. its just mandatory to do some of the stuff in the game.. which is how it should be

The worst thing about wow continues to be the players. While many activities in the game may not bring a lot of joy to people, many players insist on making these experiences worse for others.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    I urge you guys, sincerely to go and check out Mash's WoW is garbage video on youtube, if you:

Thing the game is awesome
    Or think that is has evolved
    Thinking the game has few problems
    OR is Boring

It will answer all the questions, you have. Even if you think you have no questions. The guy speaks so on point its hard to disagree on that. IF you have any questions afterwards or objections Imma take you on, with pleasure!

Its 21 min video, but the talk is done on point, with passion and emotion. Its hard not to listen to it. It will be worth your time trust me.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!