Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Full Moon - Buff or no?

Hi!

I wanted to start a thread to shed some light on to Full Moon. Reason being is because to me it feels like we've pretty much ignored the fact that we have a talent that makes the spec flow so much better and makes the class so much more fun to play and contributes to decision making but it just don't do enough damage to make it worth over the other talents.

I think this talent deserves a buff, just a simple damage buff to make it more viable then it is. Because in my mind Full Moon is a talent that requires planning and proper usage to make it work (complared to the other 2 in the row) and deserves to have some advantages when used correctly.

What do you think? Do you think blizzard will consider buffing this talent because it makes the class more fun and intriguing to play or do you think they will just ignore it? I hope that they will buff it, because damn I love that spell and I really hope we can use it some time soon. Please leave your thoughts here, would love to know what the rest of the Boomkin community thinks of this!

I still use Full Moon but Im not the most invested raider or into sims. I usually go with what I have more fun with it and thats Full Moon because I love the visual and it gives me an extra button to press.

I know the other two are more powerful but I dont think Full Moon will get a buff any time soon. It was given to us due to the complaints during Alpha/Beta so its more of a here you go gesture. Theyve already said that some talents will be better then others but it comes down to the players play style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

The Moon spells still get a decent amount of usage in PvP (similar to Renewal, it's use is mostly in PvP). Optimal line-up is to have a Full Moon ready for your burst damage, or as bait for melee to interrupt Arcane spells so you can cast Cyclone/heals/etc. That isn't to say it couldn't use a little loving, but Blizz has this tendency to make everything that was mandatory or used extensively in a previous expansion not be used much or less powerful in the next... it's not a hard rule, but that tends to happen a decent amount with classes that swing back and forth on the power scale frequently.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I agree. I would like to see New Moon come back and be competitive. I didnt think that I would miss it but I do miss dropping big Moons for Big damage.

I don't miss that cast one bit. It's filler I can do without.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOOOOOVE the Moon Moon spell.. During Legion it became the most iconic spell, not just for Druids, but in the whole game.

In BfA, Blizzard actually removed it, but due to populate demand, they readded in, half way through Beta..

It have, however, been nerfed compared to Legion
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Right now Full Moon hits just as much as a Starsurge, whereas in Legion it hit 2x +. Right now both in Pvp and in M+ the passive talent is much better. The only niche case in which i personally use it is in RBG Flag Carrying maps.

If it needs a buff? In pve sure, in pvp you could 1-shot someone, so no idea. Imo, boomkin is working fine atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Right now Full Moon hits just as much as a Starsurge, whereas in Legion it hit 2x
    Don't forget Full Moon is AoE where Starsurge is single target.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Don't forget Full Moon is AoE where Starsurge is single target.
    Yes it is AoE. I remember that around 2 weeks ago i specced full moon in a M+. The largest aoe hit was around 95k, and that is literally the damage that moonfire and sunfire ticks did on that same pack over 5-6 seconds. If it was spammable, sure, but you can get similar results with spamming emp. lunar strike.

Full moon isn't really a normal AoE. It does full dmg to 1 target. If there are one or more additional targets, an amount of dmg equal to the listed figure will be spread out to the additional targets. So it really only gets 1 extra target worth of dmg maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    Full moon isn't really a normal AoE. It does full dmg to 1 target. If there are one or more additional targets, an amount of dmg equal to the listed figure will be spread out to the additional targets. So it really only gets 1 extra target worth of dmg maximum.
    True dat. Largest single target crit i have seen is around 50k so the aoe is close to that, which overall amounts to nothing really...

I actually miss the flying puppy graphic more than the moons. Our rotation and feel is good right now; imo moons is not necessary.

The fact that Full Moon wasn't made baseline is probably one of the single best examples of Blizzard's abject failure at game design in BfA. Ditching Full Moon is like a business executive looking at a department and saying, "Highly Profitable! Raging Success! Easy to manage and popular with clients and investors!! GET RID OF IT!"

What a bunch of morons...

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    The fact that Full Moon wasn't made baseline is probably one of the single best examples of Blizzard's abject failure at game design in BfA. Ditching Full Moon is like a business executive looking at a department and saying, "Highly Profitable! Raging Success! Easy to manage and popular with clients and investors!! GET RID OF IT!"

What a bunch of morons...
    Meh, they did make the rotation work just fine without it. Had they left it as is, i'd have agreed, but i actually prefer current gameplay over Legion.

would have been a nice touch to make the spell only have full moon and new moon, make them equal in cast time, AP gain and dmg, and tie that to your empowerments.

buff 1 spellschool while new moon is active, buff the other while full moon is active, and you decide when to switch based on your empowerments.

That would be a completely different spell, though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Meh, they did make the rotation work just fine without it. Had they left it as is, i'd have agreed, but i actually prefer current gameplay over Legion.
    Totally agree with this. I don't want or think we need any more spells ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    buff 1 spellschool while new moon is active, buff the other while full moon is active, and you decide when to switch based on your empowerments.
    This reminds me too much of an early iteration of eclipse.

Again, who cares about moons; I want my Power of Goldrinn back. I really loved that visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    Again, who cares about moons; I want my Power of Goldrinn back. I really loved that visual.
    I'd be down for getting a Fury of Sindragosa-like spell featuring Goldrinn, personally. Or maybe that Grovekeeper from Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    i think it needs a buff, its a nice spell with nice animation but weak damage......... hope it gets buff.

Its not just the Full Moon,
    All DPS tiers should be like this, 1.passive with a small dps upgrade, 2.instant with mediocre upgrade, 3.casted the best upgrade.
    Die by the sword