Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Wildhammer dwarves, junker gnomes and maybe lightforged lordaeronians for the Alliance will be neat.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of hoping we're done with Allied Races this expansion and just get some new ones from next expansion.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Probably when they announce next expansion later this year.
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point, Blizzcon. Probably available on the day of as a surprise bonus.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Perhaps, but the question here is whether the Mechagnomes are a better fit in 8.2.5 or later on. We already know the Alliance will be working with a brand new beastly race in Nazjatar called the Ahn'Qoen (sp?) due to Blizzcon. If both sides are helping the Mechagnomes in Mechagon and only one side is helping this new race, I could absolutely see Blizz pulling that race out for the new Alliance race and holding Mechagnomes until later.

I grant that Sethrak are unlikely (which is a shame as I'd love to play one), but that doesn't necessarily mean Mechagnomes are pretty much a guarantee. Most likely option? Sure, but the Ahn'Qoen to me keeps Mechagnomes from being the only true 8.2.5 option at this point.
    I guess, they could save the Mechagnome stuff as a special option like the Night Warrior stuff for Night Elves. I doubt the counterpart to the bad ass untainted Murloc race (Ahn'Qoen) will be Vulpera though. It would be a huge slap in the face to get a cutesy race over them lol. I have a feeling there will be another race introduced before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What's all this talk of Activision cutting costs and Blizzard not introducing anymore allied races past Kul'tirans and Zandalari? Are these just unconfirmed rumors or educated speculation? I haven't heard anything official. I mean, I know the expansion isn't being well-received but if they just abandon it, it'll go down the shitter for sure and we still have like two open slots on both sides for new allied races.
    Blizzard recently let go of numerous staff positions around the company or reallocated personnel; a number of developers were pulled from HotS, for instance, and one of the support centers in Europe was closed. People have been theorizing that the tech stock crash is causing Activision-Blizzard to require their developers to cut costs. I've not heard anything that would suggest that these cut costs are requiring planned content to be removed from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Blizzard recently let go of numerous staff positions around the company or reallocated personnel; a number of developers were pulled from HotS, for instance, and one of the support centers in Europe was closed. People have been theorizing that the tech stock crash is causing Activision-Blizzard to require their developers to cut costs. I've not heard anything that would suggest that these cut costs are requiring planned content to be removed from WoW.
    Oh, I see. The frustrating thing is, Blizzard won't come outright and say "sorry guys, we had Vulpera/Cyborg Gnomes planned out but cost cutting meant they got cut." They'll just say since it was never confirmed, it was never certain we'd get them and they changed their mind. Unless someone that got cut that had wind of plans comes out and blows the whistle, we'd never know for sure. What we'll know for certain is, yeah, if we get no more allied races, it sure as hell got scrapped, just based on how they designed the selection screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Do we actually know when Kul Tirans and Zandalari are coming out? .
    Yeah, they are coming here shortly. With the completion of the War campaign. So, I think the 22nd is when it can be completed. If you're in a hardcore guild. More then likely, when the last LFR wing is out, that is when most will then get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    Blizzard said they are done with allied races this expansion after the release of KT and Zandalari.
    They never said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I guess, they could save the Mechagnome stuff as a special option like the Night Warrior stuff for Night Elves. I doubt the counterpart to the bad ass untainted Murloc race (Ahn'Qoen) will be Vulpera though. It would be a huge slap in the face to get a cutesy race over them lol. I have a feeling there will be another race introduced before then.
    Seeing those two races release next to each other would be quite weird for sure, particularly given where they would likely go. While I don't share your disdain for the Vulpera (I'd love to try out one of those too, see how it feels), I can see where some people might feel a bit ripped off there. If you aren't a fan of the Vulpera, seeing them as a race that seems to be not super strong lore-wise release next to a beastly race from an ancient civilization might not feel quite satisfying.

That's actually in part similar to why I feel Mechagnomes would be a weak release alongside Vulpera. Whether you like the Vulpera or not, I'm not sure that anyone can deny that they are a strong distance away from their goblin model base. When I see them, I don't see Goblins, I see an entire new race. Compare that to Mechagnomes which seem to be regular gnomes with a few different robot pieces, most of which will be fully blocked by armor. If I get that as an Alliance player next to a model that looks wholly like a new race, I'm going to feel once again like the Alliance is the afterthought faction of BfA and wonder what sort of reskinned horse I'll get with my new gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If they are smart they will wait as to not lead us on again about when they are releasing.
    They didn't lead anyone on about when they were going to release the Kul Tiran and Zandalari, they said they were coming in the expansion. The player base jumped the gun and assumed that meant they would be in at launch which was never promised by blizzard, yet the community still went ahead complained that they were 'misled.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing next allied race will be released in 8.3 and will be revealed some time during 8.2.

Horde will most likely get Vulpera and Alliance will probably get Junker Gnomes.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon.

As a preorder bonus for the next expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Ever since they first announced allied races, we have had a pretty steady stream of them being announced and known to be on the way. With the Kul Tiran and Zandalari about to drop, that will leave us with no new allied races announced or to look towards after this. It begs the question, when do you think they will announce the new allied races and how many do you believe they will announce?
    Probably after 8.1.5 is out and they start talking about 8.2. Seems like they may be working towards vulpera and junker gnomes as the next pair but we shall see.

God, please, not mechagnomes. Literally anything else.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Well, we do know that we'll get the Goblin and Worgen update in 8.2.5, I don't think we'll get another allied race before 8.3.5 hits.
    So I would say we could get the announcement for them when we'll get details for 8.3, earliest. And I don't see that coming before summer this year.
    A bit sad, I enjoyed that we already knew what's coming next.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They'll put them on the Blizzard store.

They'll wait for zandalari and kultiran to be released. People will pay their race change. Then, they'll show the new allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    They'll wait for zandalari and kultiran to be released. People will pay their race change. Then, they'll show the new allied race.
    Yeah, this is the real reason we haven't heard anything yet.