Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    "WAAAAHHHHHHHH EVERYONE GETTING 10% IS HORDE BIAS BUT GIVING THE ALLIANCE 30% IS NOW BALANACED, now I'm gonna drink my capri-sun like a good boy" - you

- - - Updated - - -

No it wasn't lmfao. I play Horde every damn day and it has never flipped to Horde since 8.1 on EU.
    Yeah, you're an idiot. You cannot bitch that no one on Alliance has WM on then bitch where there's an incentive put in place to try to get us to turn it on. Make up your damn mind. Want the buff the same? Fine, you won't see many Alliance. Which is what you liked - a basically free 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Here, let me help you: "Whatever, I just keep it off and go about gathering my welfare epics."
    As a matter of fact I mentioned I keep it off TWICE. "Now, I have to keep it off on all..."
    Maybe read my full post before smarting off next time. Don't need, want or give a damn about your sympathy.
    I think you overlooked the fact that my response is simply a blanket response to any issue presented, as it was for Horde when Alliance presented issues. It's a "taste of your own medicine" thing. If the Horde had actually tried to help build a system that worked for both sides my tone would be quite different, but they mostly didn't. They just brushed everything under the rug to keep a free bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Aww..... poor Hordie.

Maybe you weren't here for the posts but time and again, when people said "why aren't there Alliance in WM" we pointed out that if we enabled it, we were outnumbered pretty drastically and it was no fun getting slaughtered without much of a chance. The overwhelming response from Horde was "Well that's PVP and if you don't like it, turn it off!" So we did. Now, you are whining that Blizzard is trying to entice us back. Make up your minds, Horde.

PS: Why do you CARE if Alliance gets rewards that incentivize them to turn on WM? Don't you want to have people witch which to PVP? Or could it be that you liked your free 10% when you faced no real opposition?
    I dont want either side to get incentive to pvp, that was your first mistake. I couldn't care less if there are alliance around in warmode. People like you are the reason pvp servers are no more, you need incentive to pvp and that right there is the wrong mind set to have.

And there have been plenty of times before 8.1 where I ran into a group of alliance that steam rolled me and I didn't come crying to the forums that I need more incentive to have warmode on and where are all the horde.

You also lose any high ground you have by starting out with "awwwww poor hordie..." it automatically makes any argument you make void because it shows you have zero credibility and you want to attack me based on the arbitrary faction choice I made over 15 years ago, so by all means please keep being an idiot.

It means the Alliance is still outnumbered, nothing less.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it promotes unhealthy interaction more than anything. A free 370 every week is a decent lure, and if you're low geared the first thing you'll do is look for a group and then look for an area to completely dominate. I've seen a lot of groups of 10+ alliance just camping a CoA or Tortollan wq on their emissary days, there's virtually no counterplay. All you can do is either turn off WM (not gonna happen) or realm hop. It's hard to organise a group to drive them out, with the forced equal numbers normally people are spread all over the zone and cba to run across the whole map for no gain. Even in group finder people cba anymore since most people who care about it have already completed the tour of duty stuff.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Turn it off. If enough Horde turn off warmode, it'll go back to even. Elsewise you still out number the Alliance.

As far as I understand it, the WM buff has nothing to do with how many of each faction are actually in or participate in Warmode, but rather it is based upon the server population differences. The WM buff isn't only about trying to balance Wm populations, but server populations overall.

Imagine being so bad at the game that you need Blizzard to coddle you and hold your hand and incentivize you with huge bonuses and free epics to get you to participate in one of WoW's two fundamental pillars of gameplay.

I play both on US. Zuljin Horde, Tich Alliance.

Honestly seems to be pretty split although Alliance tends to stick with the 30% buff.

I generally run into the opposite faction farming Seekers Vista and then the faction that's being farmed group up and turn the tide and it just swings back and forth.

Seems like it's less about faction imbalances and more softies who get ganked in warmode and come to MMO/Bnet forums to complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    As far as I understand it, the WM buff has nothing to do with how many of each faction are actually in or participate in Warmode, but rather it is based upon the server population differences. The WM buff isn't only about trying to balance Wm populations, but server populations overall.
    Naah, don't think thats it. On my server the population ratio is almost even, around 55% alliance and 45% horde, but the warmode is still 30% for alliance. It's the warmode population that decides the buff. It's like the goody bag from the LFG dungon tool, if there's an underrepresented role, they get something extra if they sign up. The warmode buff is based on the exact same concept. The underrepresented factions gets a bonus.

I think the +% buff from warmode should be removed completely. That way only people that are really interested in world PvP will have it enabled, and PvE players won't feel forced to have it on for AP gains.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Yeah, you're an idiot. You cannot bitch that no one on Alliance has WM on then bitch where there's an incentive put in place to try to get us to turn it on. Make up your damn mind. Want the buff the same? Fine, you won't see many Alliance. Which is what you liked - a basically free 10%.
    Never bitched that I never encountered much Alliance on WM? What the fuck are you even saying?
    I got killed by a train of Alliance multiple times pre 8.1. Did I go to the forums to whine like a bitch about it?

They are obviously lying now are they? Horde will never get this buff ever, even when there are almost no Horde in Warmode anymore. It's just a manual setting that they decide to flip once in a while when they feel like it.
    First of, re-roll alliance then. You are proboaly like 75/25% in BFA....

2nd, 30% dosent matter, make it 100% baseline and 300%, then we have more ppl enjoy content, and grinds are speed up more.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Alliance get +30% useless currency, the horde get first pick on heroic gear after raid release. And you wonder why the Alliance is losing members...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Alliance get +30% useless currency, the horde get first pick on heroic gear after raid release. And you wonder why the Alliance is losing members...
    ? what
    /10

? what
    /10
    When season 2 start, the Warfront reward will increase to 400(heroic raid level), but with a catch. If you already have the Warfront, the reward will not increase until it change faction again. At 6 days away from season 2, Alliance is at 85% contribution, that mean we will have the warfront when season 2 start, so the first one to get the free 400 will be the Horde, again, exactly like what happen in season with the horde being the first one to assault the warfront after raid release.

85% is for the US, in EU, the alliance is already attacking so again, the horde will have the first 400 item.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

They are obviously lying now are they? Horde will never get this buff ever, even when there are almost no Horde in Warmode anymore. It's just a manual setting that they decide to flip once in a while when they feel like it.
    1) There are horde that don't play in Warmode?

2) Why are you crying about it? Literally nearly 70% of the "active" player base is Horde. The alliance needs all the help and incentive it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Sounds exactly like Warmode for Alliance before the buff. Maybe just... Turn it off? I've presented issues like your post before, and that answer is all Horde ever met it with. Don't expect much sympathy.
    See, thats the problem from both sides. We start out with one side having more people Participating in PvP activities in warmode. People QQ that they are being killed while in warmode, so its suggest that if they don't want PvP, turn off the PvP Flag. So many turn it off realizing that it doesn't have PvE rewards good enough to bother with PvP, that Blizzard goes "well crap. How do we entice them back?" Then, they make the buff.

Now, the buff is PvE orinted. One would think, wait, this is a PvP ordeal, why not give the out numbered side PvP perks? Less tun durations, stronger healing / damage. You know, something to combat the other side and make the PvP better. But now, they realized that the side leaving doesn't care about PvP. Otherwise, they wouldn't need a PvE buff to consider it.

To counter you all "but PvP was impossible as alliance!!111!!!1!2@". BS. Flat Out BS. I play alliance mostly now a days. I had warmode on 100% on the Arthas server. A server where alliance where heavily outnumbered. You know what I did? I beat the crap out of horde. 1v1. 2v1. Heck, even a few 3v1 when others tried to help their allies in distress. But PvP was more then possible. If it was, sorry to say, you just suck at PvP.

Bring it back to the issue, Just turn if off. Now we see this massive resource buff that the Alliance constantly have, and they say "well horde, just turn off warmode! We did!". Well, how do you Suppose Blizzard entices them to come back? They where playing warmode without +30% to PvE rewards. How do you bring back a group of People where just fine with only a 10% reward buff?

In short: the problem is the mindset of the people who left and created the need for this buff. PvP isn't their mindset. The increase should have never gone into effect. So stop trying to tell each other off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post

2) Why are you crying about it? Literally nearly 70% of the "active" player base is Horde. The alliance needs all the help and incentive it can get.
    Give them a PvP buff then. They don't need incentive to PvP. If they don't care about PvPing, then don't take part in PvP activities. Don't dilute it by having to throw out candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    No idea why they didn't make it 30% for both factions. I mean the problem with warmode is that the 10% wasn't motivating enough, so the Horde wanted to do pvp while the Alliance didn't and also didn't find the 10% worth the hassle of putting up with a sea of red text.

The Alliance wouldn't lose interest again if the Horde also gets the 30%, and the Horde wouldn't now be pushed out of warmode by a sea of Alliance while now the Horde doesn't see the point in the 10%.

But a 30% for both would have solved everything. But no, as usual, Blizzard just can't do it right.
    It works because it motivated people like me to level an alt on the alliance side with war mode on. I would have stayed in the horde if we also had the buff.

Alliance players still don't care. Guess it would only even out beyond 50% or so.

There are issues with it, sure, but it ... worked, if you didn't play alliance before the buff you can't really understand the situation.
    You don't get the buff yet because there is still a huge number gap between the two factions, sure now you see a lot more alliance but in general they show up where invasions spawn and that's it.

I think the horde side got used to having warmode on by default ... and nothing bad would happen, now you get to experience what alliance had to endure for the entire of bfa and the funny part is that Horde still has a huge number advantage.

Alliance is a dying faction in my personal opinion, the development was abysmal on the developer side and with a lot of ignorance so it really doesn't matter if they get that 30%.