Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why are these warmode-threads not locked down instantly? There is literally no productive discussion here. Just insults and crybabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    When season 2 start, the Warfront reward will increase to 400(heroic raid level), but with a catch. If you already have the Warfront, the reward will not increase until it change faction again. At 6 days away from season 2, Alliance is at 85% contribution, that mean we will have the warfront when season 2 start, so the first one to get the free 400 will be the Horde, again, exactly like what happen in season with the horde being the first one to assault the warfront after raid release.

85% is for the US, in EU, the alliance is already attacking so again, the horde will have the first 400 item.
    Man why the hell would you care about such detail. It is just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    World PvP is fun as hell (especially when it's not zergs). Love a good 3v3 out in nature.

Who gives a shit what the other faction gets?

This is like... being mad that the guy over there playing tetris gets a free slice of pizza for playing tetris and you get nothing.

If you need rewards to play a video game, then... I can't really help you.
    -epic squints-

uh, you realize a lot of players play for rewards right?

I specifically play for toys (reward), pets(reward), mounts(reward), xmog(reward), achievements(reward), and recipes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    It is just a game.
    So is soccer

People are passionate
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    No idea why they didn't make it 30% for both factions. I mean the problem with warmode is that the 10% wasn't motivating enough, so the Horde wanted to do pvp while the Alliance didn't and also didn't find the 10% worth the hassle of putting up with a sea of red text.

The Alliance wouldn't lose interest again if the Horde also gets the 30%, and the Horde wouldn't now be pushed out of warmode by a sea of Alliance while now the Horde doesn't see the point in the 10%.

But a 30% for both would have solved everything. But no, as usual, Blizzard just can't do it right.
    Nah, not how it works. It's meant to increase the number of people on the underdog faction to join in and fight in warmode. It's done that. But there are plenty of Alliance who still don't think it is worth it so they keep it off, on top of Alliance just having less players than Horde to begin with. Horde do not deserve the 30% buff until they meet the requirements. Don't like it? Turn your 10% buff off and keep it off.

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    1) There are horde that don't play in Warmode?

2) Why are you crying about it? Literally nearly 70% of the "active" player base is Horde. The alliance needs all the help and incentive it can get.
    Horde got a random 370 piece and now a random 400 piece while the Alliance gets a chance on getting a good 370 trinket and now a 400 trinket, along with a chance on azerite gear twice now?
    Talk about getting favorited.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    -epic squints-

uh, you realize a lot of players play for rewards right?

I specifically play for toys (reward), pets(reward), mounts(reward), xmog(reward), achievements(reward), and recipes

- - - Updated - - -

So is soccer

People are passionate
    Not the same. It is great to win a soccer game because you earn money, you sound more cool and girls will love you more. But no girl (unless if you live in korea) will love you more if you get an item level 400 equipment 6 days before the horde does.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Warmode is the worst designed new component of BfA
    No, it is not. And you wouldn't be saying that if both factions had an equal buff or if the Alliance just didn't get one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    You want it to change faster? Start playing Alliance. This is why the buff exists.
    I've been trying to convince Horde to turn off warmode so the buff comes over to Horde. I mean...it does work that way right? It's based on faction balance right? I wasn't lied to was I?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    See, thats the problem from both sides. We start out with one side having more people Participating in PvP activities in warmode. People QQ that they are being killed while in warmode, so its suggest that if they don't want PvP, turn off the PvP Flag. So many turn it off realizing that it doesn't have PvE rewards good enough to bother with PvP, that Blizzard goes "well crap. How do we entice them back?" Then, they make the buff.

Now, the buff is PvE orinted. One would think, wait, this is a PvP ordeal, why not give the out numbered side PvP perks? Less tun durations, stronger healing / damage. You know, something to combat the other side and make the PvP better. But now, they realized that the side leaving doesn't care about PvP. Otherwise, they wouldn't need a PvE buff to consider it.

To counter you all "but PvP was impossible as alliance!!111!!!1!2@". BS. Flat Out BS. I play alliance mostly now a days. I had warmode on 100% on the Arthas server. A server where alliance where heavily outnumbered. You know what I did? I beat the crap out of horde. 1v1. 2v1. Heck, even a few 3v1 when others tried to help their allies in distress. But PvP was more then possible. If it was, sorry to say, you just suck at PvP.

Bring it back to the issue, Just turn if off. Now we see this massive resource buff that the Alliance constantly have, and they say "well horde, just turn off warmode! We did!". Well, how do you Suppose Blizzard entices them to come back? They where playing warmode without +30% to PvE rewards. How do you bring back a group of People where just fine with only a 10% reward buff?

In short: the problem is the mindset of the people who left and created the need for this buff. PvP isn't their mindset. The increase should have never gone into effect. So stop trying to tell each other off.

- - - Updated - - -

Give them a PvP buff then. They don't need incentive to PvP. If they don't care about PvPing, then don't take part in PvP activities. Don't dilute it by having to throw out candy.
    I always tried to push what I felt were balanced solutions to the Warmode buff, it wasn't until I was met with the "turn it off" wall that I stopped caring about trying to push the game to be better for both factions.

My thoughts have always been to remove the buff entirely, a large issue is that the "free buff" Horde had brought a massive influx of non pvpers into warmode, thus making the Imbalance even worse. Removing the buff removes that group, and with the horde population dropping, Alli interested in PVP might try again.

My other thought was having the buff scale real time based on shard population, and give players more control over where they are. If your shard is 5:1 in your favor, no buff for you, and higher for the outnumbered faction. With some control over where we go, people would choose more balanced shards as those actually would have a worthwhile bonus for you.

I've never gotten a solid response from Horde players on these ideas. It's always been ignored or I've just been told "If you don't like it turn it off". The Hordes attitude is basically being mirrored back at them now that they're in our shoes, so people like me are enjoying ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    "WAAAAHHHHHHHH EVERYONE GETTING 10% IS HORDE BIAS BUT GIVING THE ALLIANCE 30% IS NOW BALANACED, now I'm gonna drink my capri-sun like a good boy" - you

- - - Updated - - -

No it wasn't lmfao. I play Horde every damn day and it has never flipped to Horde since 8.1 on EU.
    And it lasts for a week so it's not something any regular player let alone nolifers would have missed
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    No idea why they didn't make it 30% for both factions. I mean the problem with warmode is that the 10% wasn't motivating enough, so the Horde wanted to do pvp while the Alliance didn't and also didn't find the 10% worth the hassle of putting up with a sea of red text.

The Alliance wouldn't lose interest again if the Horde also gets the 30%, and the Horde wouldn't now be pushed out of warmode by a sea of Alliance while now the Horde doesn't see the point in the 10%.

But a 30% for both would have solved everything. But no, as usual, Blizzard just can't do it right.
    30% for both would solve everything when its already imbalanced... sure. The point was to get more ally so it would balance. Doubt it has or ever will achieve that.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I've never gotten a solid response from Horde players on these ideas. It's always been ignored or I've just been told "If you don't like it turn it off". The Hordes attitude is basically being mirrored back at them now that they're in our shoes, so people like me are enjoying ourselves.
    It absolutely should be real time. The problem is, sharding sucks. One shard may have a lot of alliance while another has a ton of horde. Its just a horrible design no matter what. Being on a PvP server, I knew this wouldn't end well to begin with. Most people care about getting their things done. Very few actively seek out PvP. Then you get those who gank, but then run if a fight actually starts. Its just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The salt is real. Just turn it off? That was the blanket answer Horde gave when any Alli brought up warmode issues.

It is funny that you think Blizzard is lying because the buff hasn't favored you though. The majority of pvpers went to Horde once they nerfed human racial, it's no surprise your faction has a higher percentage of people consistantly participating, where as Alliance likely do the weekly and maybe some WQs then turn it off.

It's also great hearing Horde bitch about not being able to do anything in WM. Welcome to how warmode was for Alliance for months. Justturnitofflololol
    Sounds exactly like Warmode for Alliance before the buff. Maybe just... Turn it off? I've presented issues like your post before, and that answer is all Horde ever met it with. Don't expect much sympathy.
    I play Horde and Alliance, never noticed any of what people say about Warmode. If feels just like it did on a pvp server back in the day, some people attack me most leave me alone and when I'm attacked they are nowhere to be found when I get back.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I think it promotes unhealthy interaction more than anything. A free 370 every week is a decent lure, and if you're low geared the first thing you'll do is look for a group and then look for an area to completely dominate. I've seen a lot of groups of 10+ alliance just camping a CoA or Tortollan wq on their emissary days, there's virtually no counterplay. All you can do is either turn off WM (not gonna happen) or realm hop. It's hard to organise a group to drive them out, with the forced equal numbers normally people are spread all over the zone and cba to run across the whole map for no gain. Even in group finder people cba anymore since most people who care about it have already completed the tour of duty stuff.
    That is usually the experience on Alliance side when you turn on warmode. I still remember trying to get one of those done on my Disc priest, but there was a constant stream of horde players going for the quest boss, I could not tag it in an hour and could not find anyone willing to help. That's why most of them have taken it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    ^This right here^

I had WM on with my first 4 120 toons and had it on my 5th until hitting 120.
    Now, I have to keep it off on all because there is no fucking way I can complete assaults with big ass groups of alliance completely outnumbering Horde and just camping quests. EVERYDAY, this is my reality as a Horde on Blackhand server. It doesn't matter what time of day, Ally outnumber Horde at least 4-1 on assault quests.
    I swear they just form raids and zerg the shit out of them for no reason other than farm kills.

Whatever, I just keep it off and go about gathering my welfare epics.
    System is BS though.
    Love it, this is what the Alliance felt for most of the time.

Btw: turn warmode off is my answer for being ganked.
    Last edited by PlazaPlaza; 2019-01-16 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Not the same. It is great to win a soccer game because you earn money, you sound more cool and girls will love you more. But no girl (unless if you live in korea) will love you more if you get an item level 400 equipment 6 days before the horde does.
    Still the same, all the pros you listed are things you may care about but I certainly don't. Money and girls lol we're talking passion here brollama
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-01-16 at 09:45 PM.
    My Collection

Wow you people didn't understand a simple concept of: Less player > gets more buff.
    If horde didn't get the buff is because this game is almost world of hordecraft now.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Works like a charm, obviously.

Or lets say, it doesnt.

Warmode is the worst designed new component of BfA. PVP in general was never as bad as it is nowadays, considering the fact that matchmade pvp gives not even real characterprogression anymore. I want back the honor vendors, where you may buy gear for a currency.

The devs catered the entire rewarding scheme on rated PVP, which shows both the bias for premade groups, and the complete ignorance of gameplay outside of it.
    Um wut unless you are a higher end raider the conquest stuff you get even doing normal battle grounds for the daily win is steady progression to a full set of gear that is higher ilevel than the LFR stuff. I not having done any raiders or high level mythics have 372 ilevel on alts who only do pvp. Its not random it follows a set pattern so if you do the PVP you WILL get your full set of gear no chance of missing pieces.

Why do you guys keep mentioning your realms? Your realm means nothing to warmode. If you're NA you're NA if you're EU you're EU.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You mean it is no longer a vacation for horde and you have to compete for quests, rewards etc. But first and foremost you server does not matter, you will get put into any shard that has room for you. It attempts to keep faction populations even but then the overflow will end up in their own shards. I have seen this on my horde toons where I can go the entire zone with seeing no alliance character and a bunch of friendly horde. But the same never happens on alliance. Almost every zone I enter has a horde bounty rolling and I see populations of both horde and alliance. The big difference I see now is that the alliance side is grouping up more and going on hunting parties.
    Which is why this "fix" is garbage. Horde isnt going to switch to alliance for the 30% buff which means all the horde people are gonna get sick of getting ganked because the 10% ain't worth it but to alliance it is worth turning on now, which isnt fixing the issue it just moves the issue to another problem.