Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't most workers in supermarkets on benefits in the US? Benefits that they're then made to spend in the same shops, effectively making the government pay their wages instead of the business.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    So a woman heard a story, about something that someone else saw, that may or may not have happened to a 3rd person?

Sounds like grade-A unverifiable fake news to me.
    I've personally witnessed several people get harassed over the years for using food stamps. It's not even uncommon, it's a pretty common occurrence. I'd say the only reason it even deserves a thread is that it is reprehensible vile behavior.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Gonna be fantastic when the cashier gets fired and has to go on the same benefits that she bitched the mother out about.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So this woman didn't have enough money on her food stamp card for her groceries and the cashier gave her shit for being on food stamps. If I was in line I would've helped the lady with her groceries. If you don't like a government program then talk to your congressmen. Don't insult someone trying to support themselves or their families with food.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/m...g-enough-money

I used to see homeless people outside of the local walmart. I didn't always have cash to help them but one 2 occasions I bought some sandwiches from Jimmy john's and had the food delivered to them. I figure at least they were getting something to eat.
    Stop having kids if you can't afford them.

what are you people 60+ only the geriatric fuckwitts rolls with unverified bullshit, get with the fucking program.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The smart way to do it is direct deposit into your account like in Canada then no one knows any of your business, why would they still use an archaic system like that? How far behind the rest of the world is the US?
    we used to do that in the US but people were buying alcohol and cigarettes and drugs with it instead of food for their kids, you have to use a card now that is only approved to buy certain food items, you can't buy prepared foods alcohol cigarettes there are a lot of restrictions on what you can buy and it's put in place to make sure that the kids get the nutrition that the taxpayers are paying for

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL...nope

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I've personally witnessed several people get harassed over the years for using food stamps. It's not even uncommon, it's a pretty common occurrence. I'd say the only reason it even deserves a thread is that it is reprehensible vile behavior.
    Morals like having kids you can't afford and have to rely on charity to raise? Rofl

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Like just $200 dropped in their account to be used on anything? It's this way so you can only buy certain things for it.
    To be fair there aren't many limits to begin with. I mean, eventually it would weed out people though. If people waste their money on alcohol and not food, then they get sick from malnutrition and die, pretty simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Morals like having kids you can't afford and have to rely on charity to raise? Rofl
    With the economy in America even working class individuals are struggling to eat and make ends meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    we used to do that in the US but people were buying alcohol and cigarettes and drugs with it instead of food for their kids, you have to use a card now that is only approved to buy certain food items, you can't buy prepared foods alcohol cigarettes there are a lot of restrictions on what you can buy and it's put in place to make sure that the kids get the nutrition that the taxpayers are paying for

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL...nope

- - - Updated - - -

Wages are slowly declining as compared to inflation. Far less jobs have benefits. Far more people are getting paid minimum or near minimum wage than ever.

You have a few solutions to this,

Force businesses to pay people a living wage like in the mid 20th century where people could raise families on the minimum wage.

Give out subsidies like food stamps to help people pay for costs of raising a family.

Stop people from reproducing if they don't make enough money.

You seem to like that last option. If you want the US population to decline overnight then go for it. Oh wait let me guess. You're someone who thinks declining wages are just people being lazy. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, it's pretty common to see people on WIC get harassed, mostly by other customers. It's rare to see employees do it. But pretty much everyone on WIC I've k own does their grocery shopping at like 11 PM because the store is almost empty and they won't get harassed. People I know who have been on WIC talk about going to the store at normal hours and how nearly half the time they'll get eye rolls and snarky comments if someone sees the WIC card, and sometimes mega harassed.

Gotta love how a certain political demographic on this forum defends this kind of harassment, and yet they're the same people who go to the thread where it's been found that bullying of black and Mexican students is up in primarily Republican areas and call it fake news. Lmao.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

We cant afford to have government steal from wealthy people and give to single mothers! look at the deficit!!

same people : WE NEED TO BUILD A 70 BILLION WALL DOLLAR BY CONFISCATING PROPERTY VIA EMINENT DOMAIN TO PREVENT 30% OF ILLEGAL CCROSSINGS AND ALSO 5 BILLION A YEAR MAINTENCE

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny that a cashier gave her problems when the cashier is probably eligible for food stamps as well. They don't exactly make a lot of money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    We cant afford to have government steal from wealthy people and give to single mothers! look at the deficit!!

same people : WE NEED TO BUILD A 70 BILLION WALL DOLLAR BY CONFISCATING PROPERTY VIA EMINENT DOMAIN TO PREVENT 30% OF ILLEGAL CCROSSINGS AND ALSO 5 BILLION A YEAR MAINTENCE
    We actually give like 40x more welfare to corporations than to people.

It isn't news, its Fox News.

Maybe the cashier had the worst day of her life. Maybe the customer was rude. Maybe they are both idiots. The only thing we know with 100% certainty is that a human interest story on Fox News is not going to tell you the truth but rather spin it to the highest possible emotional pitch.

..that and it is one isolated incident and not representative of anything so really not news even if it was told impartially and with integrity...but again, Fox News.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So this woman didn't have enough money on her food stamp card for her groceries and the cashier gave her shit for being on food stamps. If I was in line I would've helped the lady with her groceries. If you don't like a government program then talk to your congressmen. Don't insult someone trying to support themselves or their families with food.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/m...g-enough-money

I used to see homeless people outside of the local walmart. I didn't always have cash to help them but one 2 occasions I bought some sandwiches from Jimmy john's and had the food delivered to them. I figure at least they were getting something to eat.
    I've always found the foodstamp system to be horribly outdated. Sad that it is still a necessity.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This may or may not have happened but the one thing we are sure of is the cashier was white...I'm tired of being fed a steady stream of anti-white propaganda all day long in the news, but in real life all I see is white people:
    --volunteering
    --donating
    --working 40+ hour jobs
    --taking care of their kids
    --taking care of their yards
    --smiling and chatting with people of all races, nationalities, religions, hair colors

now I see other types of people doing all those things too, which is awesome! but by god I never read about a white person doing anything good in the news anymore.

Whether or not this is true...

1. The story is believable because it's something that could actually happen.
    2. The story is irrelevant because this kind of situation is not even remotely unusual.

It's just reaction news intended to rile people up and get clicks on an article. It won't be getting mine.

With the vague amount of context given, I'd definitely call the cashier out of line (and realistically, this will be the case regardless of circumstance in a perfect world), but I can't well say that I'd feel differently if the context worked out to paint a different picture.

Regardless, no professional worker would ever treat someone in that way. The person obviously hates their job or at the very least does not care about it or is arrogant enough to think that they wouldn't be acted upon for acting out in that way.

I mean, what is there to really discuss here?
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-01-16 at 10:29 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Stop having kids if you can't afford them.
    That's what more and more people in the west do these days. Waiting with kids until they have the house, or the "director" before their name, or the Mercedes SLS, or whatever else.
    Meanwhile the poor people of India are goingg to overtake China in population in a few years. And then continue replacing the indigenous population of the EU. Isn't it ironic?

What is the point of bringing up an 8 month old new article?

I am pretty sure this was discussed to death back in May 2018.

Looks like someone is about to get fired....

10+ Year Old Account
    The smart way to do it is direct deposit into your account like in Canada then no one knows any of your business, why would they still use an archaic system like that? How far behind the rest of the world is the US?

Money and politics keeps the US Waaaaaaay behind the rest of the world...its a shame.

If people stopped supporting those who can't support themselves, there would be no people left who can't support themselves. Food for thought.

We have housing programs too, but that is all taken care of by the departments in charge of it and it is usually just a % rent reduction and you still have to pay the rest. UBI is the way to go to fix a lot of these issues anyhow, getting rid of all these extra programs and shit and implementing UBI would go a lot further.
    I 100% agree, the redundant programs could save alot of tax payer money if they were all consolidated. However I dont see that happening because consolidation means job losses and the people/unions/politicians involved will not allow that to happen.

The real thing they should teach people through government assistance is how to budget and not overspend.
    Its not a bad idea, I just dont know how you go about doing that. The battle cry now is that they dont have enough time, how are you going to find them time to take a basic course on family budgeting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    Money and politics keeps the US Waaaaaaay behind the rest of the world...its a shame.
    Yes, there are many jobs involved in enrollment, disbursing etc. You think they would vote for a simplified system?
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.