Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    ...all the horde people are gonna get sick of getting ganked because the 10% ain't worth it ...

Funny, I don't remember any sympathy from the Horde players when it was Alliance getting ganked and saying the 10% isn't worth it. So... suck it up. Or... turn off WM. Same things your side said to us in 8.0.

Get quests to 90% when possible with warmode off, turn on warmode, do a WQ tour insta completing all quests, turn off warmode.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Funny, I don't remember any sympathy from the Horde players when it was Alliance getting ganked and saying the 10% isn't worth it. So... suck it up. Or... turn off WM. Same things your side said to us in 8.0.
    Ok... good job, you solved the warmode issue. just shut it off. That fixed everything, blizzard should hire you..also horde wasnt getting a 30% buff and saying get over it. We got the same exact thing you did...

Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    No idea why they didn't make it 30% for both factions. I mean the problem with warmode is that the 10% wasn't motivating enough, so the Horde wanted to do pvp while the Alliance didn't and also didn't find the 10% worth the hassle of putting up with a sea of red text.

The Alliance wouldn't lose interest again if the Horde also gets the 30%, and the Horde wouldn't now be pushed out of warmode by a sea of Alliance while now the Horde doesn't see the point in the 10%.

But a 30% for both would have solved everything. But no, as usual, Blizzard just can't do it right.
    The whole purpose of having the skewed bonuses is because one side (in this case yes the Alliance) is completely outnumbered which means that while Horde is free to basically do whatever World Quests they want without fear the Alliance has a good chance of getting constantly ganked by roving death squadrons of horde. This is the reason they changed it from both getting 10% in the first place. Because one side gets a bonus for literally nothing while the other gets to be fodder.

If you really want to fix it first you need to fix the faction imbalance. And before you say "what faction imbalance" there's a reason why like 90% of the top guilds are horde. And if you think that statistic is a lie check the hall of fame. In the time it took 12 Alliance guilds to join the Horde side was filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    "WAAAAHHHHHHHH EVERYONE GETTING 10% IS HORDE BIAS BUT GIVING THE ALLIANCE 30% IS NOW BALANACED, now I'm gonna drink my capri-sun like a good boy" - you

- - - Updated - - -

No it wasn't lmfao. I play Horde every damn day and it has never flipped to Horde since 8.1 on EU.
    Go play Alliance if you want the 30% buff

Horde has completely drained so many players from the Alliance this buff is meant to encourage higher alliance participation.

Are you kidding ? warmode and invasion/assassin shit is one of the best feature of bfa. I'm glad to play again and do Wpvp with special chest and lootable players sometimes. Don't care about the 30% incensitive, it's to make alliance more prone to come in with warmode on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Warmode, and practically live with it switched on, but in my opinion there are two main glaring problems which are:

1) Sharding, due to some shards ending up with large raids against unorganized players trying to each do their own separate thing. This resulting in why players on both sides complain about being greatly outnumbered.

2) The fact the Buff seems to be by region rather than by realm. Not all realms were Horde dominant in the first place. Applying this change regionally has just resulted in further skewing of those realms.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Man why the hell would you care about such detail. It is just a game.
    We are in a thread about one faction getting 20% more ressource on WQ, which are normally extremely low. Detail everywhere.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Which is why this "fix" is garbage. Horde isnt going to switch to alliance for the 30% buff which means all the horde people are gonna get sick of getting ganked because the 10% ain't worth it but to alliance it is worth turning on now, which isnt fixing the issue it just moves the issue to another problem.
    What do you mean the problem was before that it was a vacation for the horde and they had no challenge to get the 10% buff. This is fixed, there is now challenge to get your buff but the horde will have to evolve and team up with each other. If enough horde turn it off the alliance will lose the 30% buff and it may either drop to 20% or disappear completely but currently there is still a disproportionate number of horde that are in WM that the buff is obviously still needed. The fix is only garbage because alliance players have an "advantage" compared to horde players and it is something that bothers many.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    I love Warmode, and practically live with it switched on, but in my opinion there are two main glaring problems which are:

1) Sharding, due to some shards ending up with large raids against unorganized players trying to each do their own separate thing. This resulting in why players on both sides complain about being greatly outnumbered.

2) The fact the Buff seems to be by region rather than by realm. Not all realms were Horde dominant in the first place.
    Realms no longer exist in the open world. Everything is a shard of mixed realms. So it does not matter if one is horde dominant or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    -epic squints-

uh, you realize a lot of players play for rewards right?

I specifically play for toys (reward), pets(reward), mounts(reward), xmog(reward), achievements(reward), and recipes

- - - Updated - - -

So is soccer

People are passionate
    So if you knew I got a mount 30% easier than you, it would affect your fun??? Weird.

Sounds like a recipe for a life full of sorrow and misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    What do you mean the problem was before that it was a vacation for the horde and they had no challenge to get the 10% buff. This is fixed, there is now challenge to get your buff but the horde will have to evolve and team up with each other. If enough horde turn it off the alliance will lose the 30% buff and it may either drop to 20% or disappear completely but currently there is still a disproportionate number of horde that are in WM that the buff is obviously still needed. The fix is only garbage because alliance players have an "advantage" compared to horde players and it is something that bothers many.

- - - Updated - - -

Realms no longer exist in the open world. Everything is a shard of mixed realms. So it does not matter if one is horde dominant or not.
    RP realms are mostly Alliance dominant, and exempt from the being grouped together.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I still dont believe that fixes anything, it's just gonna be a seesaw effect if the alliance even loses that 30% which I doubt cause itll be horde tired of getting ganked so they all shut off, horde gets the buff turns it on and alliance now shut it off cause they're tired of being ganked.. and back and forth and back n forth. I'm not a dev idk how to fix it and balance it, but I dont see this seesaw effect being a healthy change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    No idea why they didn't make it 30% for both factions. I mean the problem with warmode is that the 10% wasn't motivating enough, so the Horde wanted to do pvp while the Alliance didn't and also didn't find the 10% worth the hassle of putting up with a sea of red text.

The Alliance wouldn't lose interest again if the Horde also gets the 30%, and the Horde wouldn't now be pushed out of warmode by a sea of Alliance while now the Horde doesn't see the point in the 10%.

But a 30% for both would have solved everything. But no, as usual, Blizzard just can't do it right.
    If the horde do not see the point in 10% then why is alliance buff at 30% still.....obviously they are but now they actually have to work for it and possibly the people who want to be in warmode are actually in warmode. But hey it could be like the DH and warrior it dumpstered on last night......who kicks a destro-lock's fire spells when he has full shards and 2 immolates ticking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Horde have always been the low pop faction in Warmode on my realm. The very first day that BfA launched the Alliance started massive gank raids in Vol’dun. Gank raids that still go on today, just in different zones depending on the weekly/invasion.

But due to Blizzard’s stupid way of implementing this buff, Alliance get 30% more incentive due to being outnumbered on a regional level. Despite being the ones to outnumber us on a shard level.

They are obviously lying now are they? Horde will never get this buff ever, even when there are almost no Horde in Warmode anymore. It's just a manual setting that they decide to flip once in a while when they feel like it.
    Except there isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Alliance blames Horde for not stepping up to war mode themselves.

I still dont believe that fixes anything, it's just gonna be a seesaw effect if the alliance even loses that 30% which I doubt cause itll be horde tired of getting ganked so they all shut off, horde gets the buff turns it on and alliance now shut it off cause they're tired of being ganked.. and back and forth and back n forth. I'm not a dev idk how to fix it and balance it, but I dont see this seesaw effect being a healthy change.
    I honestly do not see it being a see-saw effect because there are enough horde players that actually want to PVP mixed with the progression raiders that want the bonus on horde to outnumber the alliance player base that wants the 30% buff. The True fix will end up being either nerf horde racials to where they are under Alliance racial or buff alliance racials so they beat horde ones, to push faction balance(but the horde would really complain then that their racials are not better, example give Everyman for themselves back to humans)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    RP realms are mostly Alliance dominant, and exempt from the being grouped together.
    No one cares about RP....Sorry

If horde ever see this buff it will be for a very small amount of time. The only reason I and pretty much anyone in my guild has it on is because AP on the map is finite, and 30% more of it is a lot. If the buff was given to both sides IE: more horde, more horde dominated shards, way more time investment i'd drop it as would a lot of alliance resulting in it going back to pre 8.1 status quo. If alliance drops down to 10% it's no longer worth the time investment and wm back off again.

There isn't a great way to fix this, but they should probably remove pve incentives from warmode and plug in some form of boost into the honor/conquest system.

They are obviously lying now are they? Horde will never get this buff ever, even when there are almost no Horde in Warmode anymore. It's just a manual setting that they decide to flip once in a while when they feel like it.
    Oh, boo hoo. If you dislike it, reroll Alliance. Alliance who utilize this buff are going through hell in many cases and if it were any less it wouldn't remotely be worth it. If the only reason Alliance are enabling war mode is because of this buff, you can be sure as hell it's going to stay. Increase the buff for Horde and more Horde would come and make the odds uneven.

I shouldn't have to say that the reason this buff exists is because the ratio is imbalanced (dramatically so, even now!) in the Horde's favor. You want Horde to get this buff? Then convince Horde to stop using War Mode, or convince them to faction transfer en masse so that Alliance can be the dominating force.

It's a poor solution to a flawed design, but if this is the best the Alliance is going to get, then it's how it is going to be. It's not going to change. Be happy the Horde even has an EXP bonus in War Mode at this point.

There is an old statement, " be careful what you wish for, you just might get it".

My suggestion is if you can't handle actually needing to fight for once is to turn it off. I seem to recall that was the advice given to Alliance players.