Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Ghostbusters 3 (2020)

At first I thought this was a fan made trailer even going as far as using the old Ghostbusters music from the first movie.

This one looks to be an actual sequel but even though I am happy its a sequel I am still in the same position I was 3 years ago where I feel the ship for a sequel sailed many years ago.

I am very cautious. I still haven't watched the reboot, that being the only reason I didn't was the fact that it was a reboot and had nothing to do with the fact the Ghostbusters had vaginas. If it had been a sequel I would have been into it regardless of it being all women.

But even though I want it to be good I just don;t think they can recapture that magic again. It's a horrible gut feeling.

Thats not to say the trailer didn't get me hyped.

Update December 2019

Update July 2021

Last edited by Orby; 2021-10-18 at 05:03 PM.

Haven't seen trailer just know the script for 3 was the base for the old game

1. Reboot was aweful because the director didn't work off the women's talents and instead went for potty jokes and even made Leslie Jones the stereotypical angry black woman. Queef jokes, boob jokes, and even "Because im black" jokes. The Villian is a guy who was bullied and the movie ends with shooting a ghost in the dick. Felt very sexist and racist to me.

2. The only bar this movie has to surpass is beating out the 2nd movie. Lets face it, Ghostbusters 1 was lightning in a bottle and even the same cast, writers, and directors could NOT capture it again. 2nd movie was good, but it wasn't amazing like the first one.

3. This should be called Ghostbusters 4 because to me, the real Ghostbusters 3 was on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 with the video game.

This is being directed by this kid

Jason Reitman all grown up lol

I swear he couldve said that to the sony execs when they did the Ghostbusters reboot HAHA

I really do have high hopes for this cause this guy understands us old skool Ghostbusters fans and he is not gonna be pushing any kind of agenda and he will want to recreate what his father created and give us what we wanted for so long.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2019-01-17 at 01:20 AM.

I really wish they didn't. They are desperate for a re launch of this franchise and their first attempt showing their true intentions failed miserably. If this movie came out 10 years ago I would have been so happy, but everyones old/dying/dead and its time to let it go. Massive fan of Ghostbusters but its never been treated right beyond the first movie tbh.

As much as I liked the original Ghostbusters, I just lost all interest in the franchise. Whether or not this is a good thing for fans of the original movie is yet to be seen, but kudos if it's not horrible.

I wonder whom they're gonna cast as I believe the original cast are a bit too old to play the original characters (and in the case of Egon, actor being dead is quite prohibitive) unles they're going for a "old men still got it" routine.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    I really wish they didn't. They are desperate for a re launch of this franchise and their first attempt showing their true intentions failed miserably. If this movie came out 10 years ago I would have been so happy, but everyones old/dying/dead and its time to let it go. Massive fan of Ghostbusters but its never been treated right beyond the first movie tbh.
    Well they now have had to go to Ivan Reitmans son Jason Reitman to set things right so you know they are fucking desperate.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could mean nothing but as someone whose watched the original Ghostbusters so many times and see where this trailer is set...

Ray: "My parents left me that farm. I was born there!"
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    1. Reboot was aweful because the director didn't work off the women's talents and instead went for potty jokes and even made Leslie Jones the stereotypical angry black woman. Queef jokes, boob jokes, and even "Because im black" jokes. The Villian is a guy who was bullied and the movie ends with shooting a ghost in the dick. Felt very sexist and racist to me.

2. The only bar this movie has to surpass is beating out the 2nd movie. Lets face it, Ghostbusters 1 was lightning in a bottle and even the same cast, writers, and directors could NOT capture it again. 2nd movie was good, but it wasn't amazing like the first one.

3. This should be called Ghostbusters 4 because to me, the real Ghostbusters 3 was on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 with the video game.
    Best assement of why the reboot failed without the whining.

Interesting that they choice to completly ignore that mess.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Thank you!!

Could hardly get those points through amidst all of the "all female cast equals shitty movie CONFIRMED!" and "If you don't like it you're SEXIST!!"-type screeching. It wasn't a movie made to pander to "SJWs" or feminists, it was just a shitty movie (conceived by 2 people that should've known better) that did nothing in order to stay true to the original and just went full-on Adam Sandler.

And I agree, they'll never recapture the first movie, but the franchise deserves better than Ghostbusters 2016 to end it on.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-01-17 at 02:11 AM.

Personally I though the reboot was okay. It would have been leagues better if had just acknowledged the originals. The female leads were all very talented. The humor was mostly good. I agree the villain choice was wrong. Rather than something supernatural it felt political.

But overall it feels very strange now to go back to the original timeline now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough to really go on, but sure I'll bite.

If it's good, great, if it isn't, oh well. Some things just can't be re-done. Maybe Ghostbusters is one of them. Even 2 was disappointing compared to 1.

I hope it's a sequel and not a reboot though. I'd prefer new actors following in their predecessors footsteps, rather than new actors trying to retrace them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Personally I though the reboot was okay. It would have been leagues better if had just acknowledged the originals. The female leads were all very talented. The humor was mostly good. I agree the villain choice was wrong. Rather than something supernatural it felt political.

But overall it feels very strange now to go back to the original timeline now.
    I think Redlettermedia assessment was spot on in that Paul Fiege just said 'Just say something funny, Ad lib, Ad lib, Ad lib' The script was clearly undercooked and they bet on if they let the four leads just roll with it they would get a level of Bill Murray off the cuff funny with the others playing off it and it failed spectacularly.

This is too late even to be better than it deserves to be like Rocky Balboa managed to be. Harold Ramis is dead, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, and Ernie Hudson are TOO old, Rick Moranis has been retired for like decades and Sigourney Weaver, who is probably the only bankable actor still capable of pulling it off wasn't even an actual Ghostbuster.

Leave the past in the past and just re-release the original on Halloween in theaters every few years, it's a classic and they took too damn long to make a second (third?) sequel.

Fun fact: the original Ghostbusters was to have Dan Akroyd as the lead and the team was going to be Akroyd, John Belushi, John Candy, and Eddie Murphy. John Belushi died before filming, Candy and Murphy dropped out, and it was totally recast and rewritten. Bill Murray took the John Belushi role, Harold Ramis took the John Candy role (which was going to be part of the actual team back then), and Ernie Hudson took the Eddie Murphy role.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Claims it will be a sequel to the original films, forgot that all logos have been replaced by GB2 logos in the last movie on the Ecto-1, uniforms and even headquarters.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

I have not even bothered to watch the reboot because I knew it would be aweful.. That and one of the Sony execs and the director verbally abusing pretty much everyone calling them all sorts of nasty..

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed all-around (except for the videogame GB3, most people wouldn't catch that it was a sequel of sorts and a damn good game. Still have my Steam download of it and hope it gets a rerelease/remaster). I didn't even care that the team was all female, just the director and his shit agenda pushing ruined it.

I'm all for the franchise (franchising to be exact) to continue because I really loved the late-90s Extreme Ghostbusters version of the series.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I bet this time they will use transgenders as main characters.

Here's some fun casting call: if they did another reboot, this time with men, who would you cast?

GHOSTBUSTERS (2019 fantasy casting)

Paul Rudd

Marlon Wayans

Ken Jeong

Jack Black