Thread: Gold, How?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You have to suffer to make gold in classic, but it's one of the things I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I realize some of the best gold earning strategies have been discussed many times, hoping here people will share them.

As far as I can tell, Hunter/Mage are two of the best classes for Gold/hour. From solo Princess runs to DM solo farm. 50g/hour and better.

As for leveling I always take skinning.

As for lvl 40 riding, farm earth elemental as I approach 40 -about 12g-20g per hour) and I hit 40 with enough gold for mount and all skills trained.

As for lvl 60 its pretty much grinding till my eyes bleed and skin ..

You?
    2 words, Tyr's Hand.

I might actually do a stint on classic just to go back and farm Tyr's Hand. The place was packed with rivaling Chinese gold farmer teams frequently battling each other so you could even get some honor kills in for cheap.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    1.7 was the patch we got flasks to persist through death. so... no

I know we will be able to pot the whole fight but i forget which patch introduced battle and guardian elixirs vs flasks.
    Did scrolls get that treatment at the same time as elixirs/potions, or did that come later? I forget.

I think there was one point you could stack scrolls with potions and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It will hurt EXTREMELY..
    The last token I sold, gave me 340K gold.. How do you think that will influence an economy, where 1K for fast riding is a fortune?

Also, Blizzard have said several times, the only "future tech" (i.e. Non-vanilla stuff) that will be in Classic is:
    - BattleNet integration, but NOT cross server groups
    - Sharding in the first few weeks/months, until population stabilize.
    NOTHING ELSE!
    Think about it, to sell a token their would have to be someone in Classic to with the gold to buy it. They would not put in cross game gold transfers. So a token in Classic would likely be worth a couple hundred gold initially or less. It would creep up as gold decreases in value. Tokens are not future tech, they are a method of killing the gold farming selling market. They have also hinted at other WoW store items(the deluxe edition pets, etc). They have never said Nothing Else........That is the fan base.

You can get about a gold each for Stonescale Eels.

Advanced players can pickpocket and kill the elite mobs at Tyr's Hand for around 50 silver a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Elemenion View Post
    You have to suffer to make gold in classic, but it's one of the things I like.
    Not sure what you are talking about, I had almost 3 toons with max gold and barely farmed after being 60 for 3 weeks. Took my gold I made for my epic mount and put it towards the AH and made bank from their. Owned the epic weapon market(elemental mage staff, krull's and warden staff and arcanite reaper, i know it is not epic but still) would buy when people would put them up at a reasonable price and market them up significantly. Did the same with arcane crystals/arcanite, black lotus and other flask herbs.

- - - Updated - - -

1.7 was the patch we got flasks to persist through death. so... no

I know we will be able to pot the whole fight but i forget which patch introduced battle and guardian elixirs vs flasks.
    That was in BC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Did scrolls get that treatment at the same time as elixirs/potions, or did that come later? I forget.

I think there was one point you could stack scrolls with potions and other stuff.
    You could stack food, elixers, flasks, etc. The multiple food buffs you had to eat in a certain order(can not think of it off the top of my head)
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2019-01-14 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post

That was in BC

You could stack food, elixers, flasks, etc. The multiple food buffs you had to eat in a certain order(can not think of it off the top of my head)
    I wonder how that will affect the people who didn't play back then who are spoiled by cauldrons and feasts. Gonna be interesting for sure.

I don't remember multiple foods, but I probably just didn't know about it. We didn't get further than wiping on C'Thun so we cheaped out with 1 elixir most of the time but sometimes I'd use more.

But just look at this guys buff bar :-D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPRS31bvl0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. You aren't allowed to give people gold? Because that's pretty much what would happening on both servers.
    I think it would be a transaction not supported by blizzard, so you'd be SOL if they put you on ignore after you give them money.
    I would think it'd be bad to give someone gold, and then they do something against the rules in return "like level your character for you" or something.

Is there a link to back up your idea that it's bad because it's "2 different games"?
    The same reasoning could be applied for gold selling. But it's a prohibited behaviour, so this reasoning does not really work.

I wonder how that will affect the people who didn't play back then who are spoiled by cauldrons and feasts. Gonna be interesting for sure.
    It was only really needed on a handful of fights on the first couple kills. The biggest costs were the the Potions of XX resist.

Tyr's Hand, mate. Killing those elites for couple of hours every night. Now that is fun time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about it, to sell a token their would have to be someone in Classic to with the gold to buy it. They would not put in cross game gold transfers. So a token in Classic would likely be worth a couple hundred gold initially or less. It would creep up as gold decreases in value. Tokens are not future tech, they are a method of killing the gold farming selling market. They have also hinted at other WoW store items(the deluxe edition pets, etc). They have never said Nothing Else........That is the fan base.
    Do you REALLY think anyone would spend 20 Euro on a token, only to receive a few hundred gold in Vanilla, when they van get a few hundred THOUSAND in retail?

I think not..

The price have already dropped from 340K to 180K.. No need to remove the K also.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Do you REALLY think anyone would spend 20 Euro on a token, only to receive a few hundred gold in Vanilla, when they van get a few hundred THOUSAND in retail?

I think not..

The price have already dropped from 340K to 180K.. No need to remove the K also.
    The value of gold in Classic is that high. Remember that in vanilla gold sold for 50 USD for 1000 from illegal sellers. Gold cap in Vanilla was just under 215k and it was rare for people to have that. I did twice and that was cause I knew how to play the AH and many did not then, there were no how to videos, etc. So yes in Classic if there was a token it would be worth that little because that is the value of gold in vanilla. It is all relative.

I think not..

why would somebody change his millions of Pesos into Swiss Franks, you only get like a hundred?!

lol Kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're not in a raid guild selling boosting runs, your best bets are:
    1. Learn to solo farm Tyr's Hand (or Dire Maul if you're a mage/hunter)
    2. Spam groups through Stratholme Scarlet for a hope at some lucky Crusader Orb drops.

Most likely the Devilsaur mafia will be in full effect, so don't expect much luck there.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Making more gold ...

Play more!

Stay accustomed to changing markets.

Craft alot while you are afk'ish ...

I have my favorite spots to make 100-150g / hr in early patches, but forgive me for not speaking more of them.

Play more .. you'll discover stuff on your own. If everyone did my gold strats, I wouldn't have a gold strat - put it that way.

Roll a human or Night Elf female, pretend to be a girl and flirt for gold. guaranteed strategy

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember soloing dire maul west as a mage. It was so fun! And very rewarding if the libram dropped. Although it was annoying to go back to AH right after, as it was unique. Though could only solo the ghosts if doing it legit. If using the ramp next to the first boss, could also solo the treants and ancients by jumping back and forth from the ramp to the side, while tossing the occasional frostbolt. Then they added a huge invisible wall on top of each side of the ramp to stop that.

Still reminds me of that fun everytime I'm leveling in DM and jumping from the quest giver at the top to the ramp, only to land on top of a huge invisible wall that makes no sense unless you know why it was placed there!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I would. My time is worth a hell of a lot more than my money and farming gold is the least interesting thing about vanilla, it's an annoyance at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Fishing deviate fish. Enchanting. Tailoring bags. And as a mage water/portal. That how i made gold in classic.
    I was wondering how viable this will be in Classic; retail players haven't really tipped in years, which will lead to awkward conversations like "Um...I need $$ for the portal, food, etc., as these now have a real value"

Old school players will know the drill, but I expect tipping to be a culture shock for those who didn't play WoW back in the old days.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"