Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    So i didnt provide consent to save my data but my data was saved anyway?

As outlined in these articles, we are asking users in the European Economic Area (the EEA) for their consent to transfer their account(s) and corresponding data to Fandom. Recently, we deleted accounts and data for users who did not provide consent.
    lol what the fuck?

"give us consent to use and sell your data or we delete your account smileyface"

curiously, does GDPR apply to eea countries? i actually do not know!

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    lol what the fuck?

"give us consent to use and sell your data or we delete your account smileyface"

curiously, does GDPR apply to eea countries? i actually do not know!
    That’s the entire point of the consent, it was due to GDPR. “EEA” is everything affected by GDPR. The consent is to transfer data from one owner to another. Without consent, the data has to be deleted due to law not due to threats to consent.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Fresh start for me as well.
    Many thanks @chaud for trying to help me up and finally restoring my current (new) account that password got tangled for a reason (and i was thinking that account was prevented from being created because the mail was allready being used for another account, my old one that is).

It wasn't and the mail i was using is completely forgotten (since i tried the ones i remember!)
    And yep, "i consent" don't delete this one too!

EDIT: Hmm... 102 posts. It seems i had another account after all. Forgot about that too! That's what you get when you are coming back for Classic after quitting a game at 2013!
    Last edited by Nestoras; 2019-01-14 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So i didnt provide consent to save my data but my data was saved anyway?
    Yeah this is what I thought too, isn't it a conundrum that they kept the data of those that didn't consent?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah this is what I thought too, isn't it a conundrum that they kept the data of those that didn't consent?
    The data is still on Curse’s servers. The accounts are viewed as deleted due to no data on Fandom’s servers. The account recovery tool simply allows you to retroactively provide consent and transfer data to your account’s spot on Fandom’s servers. The account is still there, it’s just empty, which is why all these posts say “deleted”.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I don't understand how losing access to MMO-C, albeit temporarily, could be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't understand how losing access to MMO-C, albeit temporarily, could be frustrating.
    Not so much the losing, it's how it was handled and carried out.

The initial prompts to do it all was apparently a pop up or something. So people like myself who run pop up blockers or ad blocks (MMO is horrendous with adds) never got a warning. It should have been pinned to the home page in a thread like this one was from day 1. As for getting emails through, that's all well and good but I signed up 7 years ago on an old email, while I still have access to it, it only ever receives junk mail in it. I literally only use it for old emails I've archived.

Then in the aftermath some of us created posts asking wtf was going on, which were immediately closed and redirected to another post (Which was fair enough, but I couldn't find it when I manually searched related words or buzzwords). When I got into that post, the OP information just stated there will be another time frame opening so people can opt back in and get their names back. Nothing more than, no specific. Quoted moderators asking questions and no responses were given after the first few pages.

Then a matter of hours later, we were forced logged off those accounts (Just to clear up, if you didn't opt in you didn't lose the account just the name got changed to MMC-r8791485-4305823-4 shizzle) and of course; legit who would have thought of writing down a username like that. So we couldn't get back on short of making a new account, and for a while there was no update until this post was uploaded. Now that period may have been a few seconds or a few hours idk, I came on saw I had been logged off, so new updates so closed it until last night.

Then last night, activated the recovery process. Was told it could take 30 minutes. I still hadn't had it this morning. On the off chance I checked and it was in my junk mail. While this happens, I find it fishy literally every other email I've had from MMO goes straight to the inbox.

TLR It was a colossus shit show

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They're not keeping a backup under the new owner, the recovery tool requests the information from the old servers which are still under Twitch. Also as far as I know they would only need to remove user data from backups if the users ask for it. Not consenting to the transfer to Fandom doesn't mean Twitch has to delete the user data as well.
    They do not have to delete it, if they have properly implemented GDPR in the first place, which does not seem to be the case? We have the new MMOC becoming compliant but not Twitch?

Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    They do not have to delete it, if they have properly implemented GDPR in the first place, which does not seem to be the case? We have the new MMOC becoming compliant but not Twitch?
    *shrug* I'm all for Fandom being compliant, if Twitch isn't that's their problem that I'm sure they'll get shit for (when it is actually enforced actively) if it turns out they're not dealing with GDPR properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    As for getting emails through, that's all well and good but I signed up 7 years ago on an old email, while I still have access to it, it only ever receives junk mail in it. I literally only use it for old emails I've archived.
    Maybe you should have kept your e-mail address up to date. Also, keep in mind it is likely much more of a mess for people actually going through a company transition AND having to deal with this. Unless you are a paying customer, maybe cut them some slack.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2019-01-16 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    *shrug* I'm all for Fandom being compliant, if Twitch isn't that's their problem that I'm sure they'll get shit for (when it is actually enforced actively) if it turns out they're not dealing with GDPR properly.

Maybe you should have kept your e-mail address up to date. Also, keep in mind it is likely much more of a mess for people actually going through a company transition AND having to deal with this. Unless you are a paying customer, maybe cut them some slack.
    Or maybe I have a recreational email for all my old websites like this? and a work / day to day use one I have for important stuff? And frankly I don't care if it's a mess for them to sort out, the whole mess could have been avoided by literally making a post opposed to a pop up. That was just stupidity.