Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Worst i had so far was the Zu in Pharos Siruis. You need to break eggs and push it into the enrage where it does an aoe slam for around 80+% of everyones hp around it. White wind spam eats into magic and you need to wait for the frenzy to end not just trigger. Got Sirens in one go but took ages for Zu and one person released and didnt get it so we all swapped to our 70's unsynched and spammed it till she got it like 40 minutes later.

Surprised i've seen no queues for ADS in party finder. Maybe theres been a drop off in ARR raiders and most people never did turn 1/2 to know ADS is the easiest raid boss in the game.
    I did Haukke Manor NM, Titan, Leviathan and ADS last night, ended up getting Level 5 Petrify, Mountain Buster, Veil of the Whorl, Aqua Breath, and High Voltage. You can apparently get Aqua Breath from Leviathan, though I think one of his adds is the one that uses it. Did a levequest in Mor Dhona with the Shadow Dragon to get The Look (Necrologos something something...so you don't have to do Amdapor Keep). Titan and Levi were done with a 7 man group where we switched every 10 tries, 4 70s/ 3 BLU -> 4 BLU/ 3 70s. On Titan the first time we did it the BLU's got it, then we swapped and it took ~10 tries for the rest of us to get it, but it was super easy, just watcj for Landslide and Weight of the Mountain and you can basically ignore the rest of the mechanics (don't stand in front when he does Mountain Buster though). Levi was ~10 tries each group, but we had a WHM and a RDM 70, so we blew him up, self-destructed to help kill adds, and then had all the BLU's get rezzed after his ultimate so each try only took 50-60 seconds so everyone got it in like 25 minutes. ADS, we spent more time in loading screens and running to it than we did fighting. As long as you don't stun or silence, ADS opens up the fight with High Voltage so you don't have to wait for anything and it's super quick. Took ~ 10 tries for the first group, and the second group got it on the first try.

I got a second group for Stone Vigil HM to get Diamondback, but we went as all Blue Mages, and couldn't even get passed the first boss. It's certainly doable, people just need to actually do mechanics, but my group seemed incapable of that and it was late so I didn't stick around to even try at the 2nd boss who has the ability. Will be trying that tonight.

I came up with a strategy, though it's obviously superstitious, but it worked for me every time....every battle where literally all I did as Blue Mage was Flying Sardine is the time I learned the ability. So, I'm going to be using my Super Flying Sardine strategy from now on, lol. It's hilarious.

I really am loving Blue Mage now, I'm at the point where I'm having difficulty choosing my active abilities. Some are pretty easy to get rid of for general play, but most get at least some situational usage Still have 1k Needles on my bar, not sure how much longer that will last though, since most spells are able to compete with it now, not in a single cast, but 1k takes 6 seconds and most others take 2-3 so if the spell does~450-500 damage, it's competitive.

Haven't tried Masked Carnival yet, will probably do that today to try and get Doom and Moon Flute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    missile is hilarious. you can blow up bosses in a few seconds. havent seen it work on final bosses yet though.
    Doesn't it have a super low chance to hit? There's a reddit post going through and identifying which bosses are susceptible to spells like that (Missile, Doom, Tail Screw) and there are quite a few that can be hit by them, but as of yet, no final bosses identified.

So far its looking like Shiva's move, which i guess before the 2 masked carnival ones is the final spell, is the lowest drop rate of the lot which i guess isn't that surprising.

So far its looking like Shiva's move, which i guess before the 2 masked carnival ones is the final spell, is the lowest drop rate of the lot which i guess isn't that surprising.
    In order of when the content was released, yeah Shiva EX would be the "last" spell. But technically, Leviathan's Veil of the Whorl is spell 49/49 in the spell book. All of the EX primal abilities have a 5-star rating, which according to the drop rates, data miners, etc... correlates to chance of acquiring the spell. The more stars, the lower the drop chance. So in that sense, they're all the same. RNG is RNG though so...yeah.

At least in this game it's super easy to tell when you get the spell. I remember fighting monkeys for hours in FFXI to try and get the healing spell Magic Fruit....only to check my spells and see that I had earned it at some point, I think I did the same thing with Cocoon. I don't know how long I spent just killing them for no reason, but I was quite frustrated as I checked the chat log and scrolled as far back as it would let me and I didn't see it in there and there was ~30 minutes worth of activity in that log, so I wasted at least 30 minutes....frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Doesn't it have a super low chance to hit? There's a reddit post going through and identifying which bosses are susceptible to spells like that (Missile, Doom, Tail Screw) and there are quite a few that can be hit by them, but as of yet, no final bosses identified.
    doesn't seem low at all to me. had 5 work in a row on the first aurum vale boss. been using it as my main spell soloing dungeons. trials and final dungeon bosses all seem immune to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    doesn't seem low at all to me. had 5 work in a row on the first aurum vale boss. been using it as my main spell soloing dungeons. trials and final dungeon bosses all seem immune to it though.
    Good to know. I'll be working on getting that one today for sure then.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Masked Carnivale is a lot of fun! There's a few fights I can't do yet without the required abilities, though I'm in no huge rush since there's a lot of time to kill between now and 5.0.

Got ADS down. Just the extreme primals left and boy is it hard to get some people to stop dpsing at 70, on ifrit its a nightmare!

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 39/49 abilities so far for BLU.

Just in a dungeon and used Tail Spin for a 105,000 damage hit that killed an already dotted boss and the tank started freaking out since he only knew about the Ink spell.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

3 hours helping people get shivas spell then when its out turn 'gg gotta go' from all of them -_-

So are Blue Mages not allowed to do the group finder with regular classes yet? I've been leveling my WHM and I haven't seen a single one. In the world though, goddamn trying to do my ~45-50 hunts is a pain in the ass with all the blue mages running around killing all the stuff I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    So are Blue Mages not allowed to do the group finder with regular classes yet? I've been leveling my WHM and I haven't seen a single one. In the world though, goddamn trying to do my ~45-50 hunts is a pain in the ass with all the blue mages running around killing all the stuff I need.
    BLU have moves like Tail Screw that reduce a mob or bosses hp to 1, they are too unbalanced in terms of farming xp and stuff.

BLU have moves like Tail Screw that reduce a mob or bosses hp to 1, they are too unbalanced in terms of farming xp and stuff.
    I donno I haven't been paying much attention to it since I wasn't leveling one and wasn't planning on it for a long while.

Well i took a break from grinding the last 3 primals and tried the masked carnival and its totally a brawlers guild type thing like i expected. You either have some looong fights or you figure out the right combination of monster magic to end it in seconds. Got to 12/20 and picked up to 10 stages complete spell, only Ramuh, Titan, Shiva and Doom from the 20 stage spell totem left but i don't think its going to be easy. I've seen plenty of 50 BLU's since day one but not one with that gold cane for finishing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    I return! Unfortunately I cannot use the account restoration feature as I no longer have access to the e-mail account associated with my previous profile.

So...new account it is!
    This looks like a ban evade... hmm...

Anyways yeah that kind of suck, maybe poke chaud about it.

also this RNG <3
    First draw riichi, 3rd draw tsumo.

I may or may not have spent a lot of time in Mahjong recently. >.>

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    This looks like a ban evade... hmm...

Anyways yeah that kind of suck, maybe poke chaud about it.

also this RNG <3
    First draw riichi, 3rd draw tsumo.

I may or may not have spent a lot of time in Mahjong recently. >.>
    That game is too addicting, decided to give it a try, got stuck for 5 hours. Luckily it was weekend!
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

The problem is that with the vast majority of content that actually matters the mobs are immune to the broken spells and damage wise the class hits like a wet noodle compared to other jobs at level 50 and requires level 70's to carry them in content like the Primals. It's also annoying that the side content gimmick (which is what BLU really is) they advertised as 'solo content' requires groups for learning a large amount of spells and there's also nothing fun running a 5 year old Primal fight for 4 hours just to get a spell. The damned ponies should not be more common than the spells. The Carnival itself does little to interest me since the rewards just aren't there as I don't care about Allied Seals or old Tomestones and this could have easily been helped by adding cosmetic rewards and mounts like WoW Brawlers Guild.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-01-20 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    The Carnival itself does little to interest me since the rewards just aren't there as I don't care about Allied Seals or old Tomestones and this could have easily been helped by adding cosmetic rewards and mounts like WoW Brawlers Guild.
    GOOD.
    They should not follow Blizzard and use rewards to entice people to do the content.
    Do the carnival if you find it fun, else don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    GOOD.
    They should not follow Blizzard and use rewards to entice people to do the content.
    This.

It's already bad enough Eureka uses the relic to entice people. Imo BLU and the Carnivale are quite fun.

GOOD.
    You get a title and a special cane which i think is good enough. The scavenger hunt and figuring out the 'end it in seconds' puzzle for each stage is fun enough. Bad mmo design is making the 'fun' only exist for a reward like a gear upgrade. Thats holding player progression hostage. This is a totally optional timesink for the fun of it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    GOOD.
    Ehhh. I like being rewarded for doing Content (mostly if it is purely cosmetic). I think people just should be in the mindset that if they don't do the content they don't get the rewards.