Poll: Still Subbed?

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Kinda have to be, it's raidtime!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unsubbed yesterday. Hadn't logged on since December 5.

I had fun playing this game for about 3 months after taking a 2-3 year break.

Don't think I'll come back for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    rofl so basically you’re just not gonna accept that a developer would EVER read the top fansites for games they work on? Even if the say they do. You act like it’s some crazy idea. I mean a developer reading forums?! Next thing you know they’ll use twitter!

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t hold your breath is an edgy phrase now?
    Yeah.. its in the same category as calling people "kid" and other ad hominem arguments. Pretty common knowledge.
    As soon as you turn to insults or trying to bully someone else instead of giving arguments its pretty much a dead conversation and you can skip it.
    Might aswell ignore the person because you know there is no constructive arguments coming from that account

10+ Year Old Account
    Still subbed, still enjoying myself. Most of the time I find something for me to do, and if I get bored, I log off and do something else. There are other things in life besides video games.

Quote Originally Posted by roberts282 View Post
    Simple enough question.

If you're not currently subscribed, what would bring you back?
    Nothing really, none of the systems in this expansion are that much fun. I don't feel that I have a lot of choice how to build my character or that my role in the story even matters. My class is a shell of its former self and I am bored playing it which makes everything else even more boring that it already is.

Unless MAJOR changes happen in dev philosophy, I might just be done with retail forever. The game I enjoyed playing is no longer enjoyable. I'm enjoying PoE much more and playing other games.
    Last edited by crono14; 2019-01-15 at 09:16 PM.

The real change WoW needs is to reinvent MMORPGs, hence to reinvent massive multiplayer interaction in a real, deep RPG.
    The shortest route would be to break down what is an RPG : playing a personalizable Role, giving tools to craft a narrative. And break down what is MMO : enabling a massive interaction/interconnection between those both former elements. That would eventually mean creating a self-evolving, deep, living world (= AI) with lots of possible outcomes over your decisions. And coding ways to let these outcomes interact between themselves.

Right now the only common interaction in WoW is combat, which has nothing to do with storytelling. It's just a massively multiplayer combat system.

Also unfortunately Blizzard doesn't even "invent" things, they just take an inspiration and craft fabulous quality over it. So ...
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2019-01-15 at 09:28 PM.

I am right now. I've been putting 30 days on and then canceling since month 2 of BFA. If I'm not feeling it I won't renew for a few weeks or when friends want to actually play. 8.1 really needed to come WITH the raid this time around. I made a mistake with my current sub, haven't been playing because everything earned will come 5x easier with 8.1's delayed season 2.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2019-01-15 at 09:25 PM.

I'm technically unsubscribed for now but that's mostly because I'll make the choice shortly into "Season 2" (which from Ion's post I'm pre-disappointed by, as well as my guild kind of just... stopping logging in.) and the resub would have been on the 8th - easy to forget about.

710 Trolls so far, or people who can't handle Mythic raiding. Thats my opinion.

Yeah gave up today. As much as I don't want to leave long time guild members and friends I am just not enjoying this game right now.

It was really good at the start. But the timegating on top of the consistent mismangement, incompetence and lack of clarity/communication from Blizzard is just getting boring.

If the game improves I will most certainly come back. But right now FF14 has my £7.49 a month.

Still subbed but I've barely been playing anymore. The group I was doing raids and mythics with fell apart back in November and I've pretty much only been doing the weekly mythic since then.

Nah. Be back in 8.2 or before depending on what new ridiculous shit you have to grind for flying.

Simple question, complicated answer. In short, my sub dropped for the first time in 10 years early in the new year, and i left it for a week. the $25 (local) isnt really a big deal for me (im not rich, its just not a deal breaker) HOWEVER, i probably would not have resubbed if not for the fact i am self employed and things are a bit slow this time of year, and, i have some spare time to kill. I still say the game is the least enjoyable for me it EVER has been, and i dont see that changing this expac.

still subbed but i log in 2 days a week for raids

Nope, but I miss the game.

Shame the game took this direction, I don't enjoy the gearing at all anymore.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic WoW.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Yes, but only because I like my guild. If I wasn't in this guild I would have unsubbed already. The game feels completely unrewarding. The only reason I care about getting gear is because my guildies and I compete on the meters. If I didn't have a guild like this I would not play.

There are many great games to play these days.

Whether new games, or older remastered games on newer systems.

I'm puzzled why Activision-Blizzard is reluctant on releasing new games. A new WC4? SC3? World of StarCraft?

I realize they made WoW even more casual friendly, going so far as to further homogenize classes, and making gear pretty much cookie cutter. This doesn't interest me though. I liked the game better the way it used to be, many years ago.

They achieved making their franchise boring, I suppose.

Oh, Activision-Blizzard, how you stunk WoW up

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    There are many great games to play these days.

Whether new games, or older remastered games on newer systems.

I'm puzzled why Activision-Blizzard is reluctant on releasing new games. A new WC4? SC3? World of StarCraft?

I realize they made WoW even more casual friendly, going so far as to further homogenize classes, and making gear pretty much cookie cutter. This doesn't interest me though. I liked the game better the way it used to be, many years ago.

They achieved making their franchise boring, I suppose.

Oh, Activision-Blizzard, how you stunk WoW up
    Because starting with SCII Blizzard has consistently used up massive budgets to release games that lack longterm success and whose fans outright reject mtx. They can't make their games last like SC1, WC3, and WoW and they can't mitigate the lack of longevity with mtx. They don't want to give players custom map/game tools anymore because they are terrified someone will make the next DotA with them and they'll lose out again. This is partly what killed the SC2 community. So, they can't make their games last because they don't want to give people custom editor options, and their players hate microtransactions with a burning passion. Well there's esports right? Well, as it turns out, you can't force an esport, it has to develop naturally from the community. Unfortunately, Blizzard is obsessed with esports because SC1 is such a good one. They fail to understand that SC1 is such a good esport not just because Blizzard was/are brilliant developers but because the community formed naturally. When an esport forms naturally it has a more invested community, as there is no money backing it, it's just pure passion for the game. Combine that with a thriving custom game scene for the more casual players and you have an esport. Blizzard is convinced that they can be the king of esports but they don't understand how good esports games are created, hint: it's not by trying to make them esports, it's by making a good game and seeing if the community forms around it. SC2 was built as an esports game and it's pretty much dead. Hearthstone was turned into an esports game and it's dying. HotS was turned into an esports game and it's dying. Overwatch was built as an esports game and it's dying. Now they are heading to mobile, where the playerbase is half as smart and twice as likely to pay them for microtransactions.

Honestly I doubt I will ever come back, I realized that it is far too economical to just wait till indefinite future, sub for like a 1 month and experience everything and unsub again (due to how the game works, not much incentive to keep subbing given how they timegate everyting).

Flying is a good example, it is not a sole factor in making me unsub but if I know that I will never get flying until the last patch, why bother subbing until it is out?

For the game itself, Blizzard has fully adopted all the bad practices from p2w games so WoW no longer has its "uniqueness"
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2019-01-18 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic