Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    More proof that Republicans are racist pieces of shit.
    Ding ding ding. Now say it with me, as I have been saying on this forum for years, conservative pieces of shit! Also the biggest cowards.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-01-18 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Infracted for trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It doesn’t make it much better, since the whole point of democrats being in Puerto Rico was to raise awareness of the hurricane damage...

Trump tried to illegally withhold disaster relief money from Puerto Rico
    https://www.vox.com/2019/1/17/181868...urricane-funds

The ‘go back to Puerto Rico’, should be targeted at Trump, who has hardly done anything, after his buddy’s company hired to rebuild Puerto Rico, turned out to be a scam.
    At least call them out for the right reasons, though. No need to jump on first conclusions if the second one is bad enough. Makes people look incredible.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    At least call them out for the right reasons, though. No need to jump on first conclusions if the second one is bad enough. Makes people look incredible.
    Yeah, but I am not of Mexican heritage, who has heard people scream ‘go back to Mexico’ her whole life. The sensitivity should be understandable... last year someone screamed ‘go back to Russia’ at someone else at Costco... wasn’t directed at me, but you better believe I was put off and immediately had revenge fantasies running through my head.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone minority who identifies with the Republican Party is misinformed.

"But PACOX you are just saying that minorities should just fall in line on the Left"

No, I don't care what your political ideologies are, fact is that GOP harbors racists and enables a cultural of bigotry. If you're down with that then wear your hood high.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Did this have anything to do with the vacation the democrats took to Puerto Rico with all the lobbyists?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...spite-shutdown
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...nment-shutdown
    You've already been told this isn't a vacation and that nonsense has been debunked. Stop falling for fake news, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

As it turns out, democrats were having a summit or something in Puerto Rico and the republican referred to them going back to Puerto Rico instead of calling out one individual. Could be a stupid misunderstanding, they have talked and patched things up.
    Except for him refusing to admit it was him until well after the fact, apparently. And the fact that it was an outrageous thing to say regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, but I am not of Mexican heritage, who has heard people scream ‘go back to Mexico’ her whole life. The sensitivity should be understandable... last year someone screamed ‘go back to Russia’ at someone else at Costco... wasn’t directed at me, but you better believe I was put off and immediately had revenge fantasies running through my head.
    Well, yes... I do understand the sensitivity. But he apologized and I think the matter is resolved. Granted, I wouldn't give much on an apology from a republican these days, but common courtesy has been served and while it is not for me to say, but I would be careful not to overreact to this. Revenge fantasies? Half of the people outraged in this thread didn't know the insulted democrat, nor have they ever heard of the republican doing the insult. But all of a sudden, they are filled with righteous fury. I wonder if that's warranted in light of the bigger problem, private citizens having to feed civil servants. That is the actual crime here. This is just another red herring intended to distract from the bigger picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except for him refusing to admit it was him until well after the fact, apparently. And the fact that it was an outrageous thing to say regardless.
    As far as I can tell, he well got away with the foul. That he came forward despite democrats saying they had no clue whodunit speaks for him. And unlike other politicians, he wasn't too proud to admit to the mistake and bear the consequences, apology included. I know, it's sad that in today's times we should count that as a win, but it's there nonetheless.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I know, it's sad that in today's times we should count that as a win, but it's there nonetheless.
    A depressing fact we can both agree on. Now if you excuse me I'm going to try to drink away my sorrows at the absolute state of things.

Well, yes... I do understand the sensitivity. But he apologized and I think the matter is resolved.
    But it's not resolved. If this happened with employees at McDonalds you may have a point. But these people should be held to a higher standard then a fry cook. Making an outburst like this should have them censored by the House if not removed. That is unacceptable. We have a 7 page topic because Republicans are up in arms because a woman said Motherfucker to an crowd. This was said while in session. Why should he be allowed to represent the people of his district when he cannot handle himself with the barest amount of decorum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I will say this, that I know most Republicans are not racist shit heads.

The problem is that the people aren't racist shit heads still harbor and defend the racist shit heads because they value their vote. If Republicans didn't have racist shit heads supporting them, they'd never win another legislative majority or executive majority ever, because their values that AREN'T racism, bigotry and other forms of hatred aren't really attractive to most of the country.
    You know what the funny thing is? I don't think that's even true. I think sensible, non-racist, conservatism actually WOULD be pretty popular in the US if it was on offer. They'd lose a lot of votes in the short run, because they'd have to prove to the moderate conservatives that they genuinely have cut ties with the crazy, but in the long run I think they'd be in a stronger position with the general population if they could bring the center-right back into their fold. It's not like the alt-right is going to vote Democrat after all, they pretty much just lose all ability to affect anything if neither major party panders to them. Maybe I'm wrong, but all the center-right people I'm friends with either vote Democrat or don't vote at all because they just find being associated with the GOP repulsive, but they're not exactly fond of the Dems either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    More proof that Republicans are racist pieces of shit.

Economic Anxiety Didn’t Make People Vote Trump, Racism Did

In our models, racial attitudes towards blacks and immigration are the key factors associated with support for Trump. The way that these variables impact Trump support can be seen in the charts below. Both racial resentment and black influence animosity are significant predictors of Trump support among white respondents, independent of partisanship, ideology, education levels, and the other factors included in the model. The results indicate a probability of Trump support higher than 60 percent for an otherwise typical white voter who scores at the highest levels on either anti-black racial resentment or anti-black influence animosity. This compares to less than 30 percent chance for a typical white voter with below average scores on either of the two measures anti-black attitudes. There is approximately a 10 percent probability of a Trump vote for an otherwise typical white voter at the lowest levels of racial resentment.
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Republicans are racist and won't call out the racist sitting beside them?

Anything new?
    Right, the GOP and their allies the 3 Woke Stooges are too busy complaining about liberals helping minorities. Or citing a David Brook's column about college kids being noisy.

I mean a whole day after mildly slapping known racist Rep. King on the wrist. The GOP is back in bed with racists.

Why yesterday 2 GOP congressman Phil Roe and Andy Harris, were consulting with known racist and neo-nazi Chuck C. Johnson.

The GOP has always been the Party of Trumperism, just more loudly now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    You know what the funny thing is? I don't think that's even true. I think sensible, non-racist, conservatism actually WOULD be pretty popular in the US if it was on offer. They'd lose a lot of votes in the short run, because they'd have to prove to the moderate conservatives that they genuinely have cut ties with the crazy, but in the long run I think they'd be in a stronger position with the general population if they could bring the center-right back into their fold. It's not like the alt-right is going to vote Democrat after all, they pretty much just lose all ability to affect anything if neither major party panders to them. Maybe I'm wrong, but all the center-right people I'm friends with either vote Democrat or don't vote at all because they just find being associated with the GOP repulsive, but they're not exactly fond of the Dems either.
    Possibly, but I see a lot of the "non racist shit head" Republicans saying they want smaller government, lower government spending, lower taxes, less government overall, more rights for workers, better wages, etc. and then they vote in pieces of garbage who vote on stuff that does the literal exact opposite of everything above. I have a really hard time seeing how they reconcile with themselves that they're voting for the exact opposite of what they "claim" they want. Maybe it's just because most people don't do any research into politics, like, ACTUAL research, as in going to senate.gov and congress.gov and seeing what their reps vote on or even write.

I'm guessing they just go ingest their daily dose of Fox News to tell them about how the Republicans in shining armor are stopping the evil liberal vampire lords.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    But it's not resolved. If this happened with employees at McDonalds you may have a point. But these people should be held to a higher standard then a fry cook. Making an outburst like this should have them censored by the House if not removed. That is unacceptable. We have a 7 page topic because Republicans are up in arms because a woman said Motherfucker to an crowd. This was said while in session. Why should he be allowed to represent the people of his district when he cannot handle himself with the barest amount of decorum?
    No, we have a 7 page topic because today everyone thinks a simple verbal insult is equal to high treason. I suggest you calm the fuck down and think about what you're saying. Really think hard about it. Now realise how silly it is to get this outraged over a fucking verbal insult. You're not a princess, grow up and deal with it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    ANY person of color or lgbt who supports republicans is basically just a snitch to "their own kind". It's like a slave ratting out his fellow slaves to his master just for a bit of favourable treatment. From my point of view it's idiocy at its height. The sooner people realise this, the better.
    Not a republican but this just seems silly. No one owes any thing to any one else just because they have the same colour or same sexual preferences. People can and should form there own beliefs and follow thoses even if they don’t like up with other people who look the same as them.

Only republicans would complain about a US citizen going to a US territory, to help other US citizens..

LOL
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2019-01-18 at 04:02 PM.

Did he end up going back to Puerto Rico?

Spokesman says Rep. Jason Smith was referring to ‘vacationing’ Democrats who went to inspect hurricane recovery

It says that right at the top of the OP article.

The republicans just stripped one GOP member of his committee chairs, they'll do it again.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

No, we have a 7 page topic because today everyone thinks a simple verbal insult is equal to high treason. I suggest you calm the fuck down and think about what you're saying. Really think hard about it. Now realise how silly it is to get this outraged over a fucking verbal insult. You're not a princess, grow up and deal with it.
    I am calm and I do know what I'm saying. What you don't understand my pretty little snowflake is that the only way to get our country back on track is to get rid of these pieces of shit. And if you honestly believe that his "apology" and his excuse are even remotely sincere I think you'd have to be themust gullible person alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Spokesman says Rep. Jason Smith was referring to ‘vacationing’ Democrats who went to inspect hurricane recovery

It says that right at the top of the OP article.

The republicans just stripped one GOP member of his committee chairs, they'll do it again.
    We know its an excuse.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    And yet most of the GOP and republicans would stab said people who look different in the back the first moment they get. Now if they could genuinely treat every single individual as their own person and not judge people on their skin color, then you'd definitely be right.
    That seems unlikly. People though out history have been fine holding up people they agree strongly with even if they are part of a group that person doesn’t like. You can even see that with minority republicans today any one that agrees with them is held
    Up like a paragon while the rest are put down.

From an individual stand point it makes sense as well. Just because you share some kind of characteristic with some one doesn’t mean you agree with them so if you can get some sort of benefit and lack a moral backing why not pick down people for the benefits?