Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The arcade CPU difficulty has indeed always been nigh impossible.

That said, SF in general is a tricky game to master and requires a lot of preconditions in order to play it well. First of all, you need an arcade (joy)stick to play even remotely well. Secondly, you need a screen with very low input lag and lastly, you want to generally ignore playing vs the CPU, since it teaches you techniques that are useless and even counter productive in vs mode.

Man, whenever I talk about Street Fighter, it brings me back to when I was a kid and walked into the living room only to see a brand new SNES hooked to the TV. Oh the warm a fuzzies!
    You don't need an arcade stick to play SF. Some of the best players in the world like Luffy, Punk, NuckleDu, John Takeuchi, Smug, Snake Eyez, Problem X all play on regular controllers. In fact with charge characters in particular controllers have a slight competitive advantage as you can buffer multiple charges at once with both the analog and d pad.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-15 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You don't need an arcade stick to play SF. Some of the best players in the world like Luffy, Punk, NuckleDu, John Takeuchi, Smug, Snake Eyez, Problem X all play on regular controllers. In fact with charge characters in particular controllers have a slight competitive advantage as you can buffer multiple charges at once with both the analog and d pad.
    Haitani - stick
    Xiao - stick
    Fuudo - stick
    Ortiz - stick

And so forth.

But hey, you go ahead and believe whatever you want, it’s pretty irrelevant anyway.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-01-16 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Haitani - stick
    Xiao - stick
    Fuudo - stick
    Ortiz - stick

And so forth.

But hey, you go ahead and believe whatever you want.
    Luffy- Evo Winner
    Punk- Evo 2nd place, E League Champion
    Du- Capcom Cup winner and Evo finalist
    John Takeuchi- Evo Japan 2nd place
    Smug- E League 2nd place
    Snake Eyez- Evo winner(In SF2 no less the thing we where even talking about in this thread!).
    Problem X- Evo winner

And so forth.

Snark aside do you know the main difference in pad users vs stick users? Pad users grew up and learned fighting games on consoles with a pad, stick users grew up and learned fighting games in the arcade on sticks. It's no surprise as the scene gets younger and younger more and more pad players are showing up, because arcades have been largely dead in the west outside of a few areas for a long time now.

Also while he doesn't play SF arguably best fighting game player in the world right now, Sonic Fox is a pad player.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-16 at 01:08 AM.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status...97602668081152

Industry analysts have moved Nintendo's goal of 20 million this fiscal year from "possible, but unlikely" to "realistic," with some expecting Nintendo to sell over 10 million this past quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    RIP, no Nintendo Direct news

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status...97602668081152

Industry analysts have moved Nintendo's goal of 20 million this fiscal year from "possible, but unlikely" to "realistic," with some expecting Nintendo to sell over 10 million this past quarter.
    And Chickat doubted the power of Pokemon and Smash...

NSMBU is gonna keep the momentum trucking as well, it's already a sales monster looking at those UK numbers.

My bold prediction: They can get 25 mil next year.

They still haven't played the trump card of a holiday price drop, and the MK8 bundle was limited they likely could have sold a lot more if they wanted. Animal Crossing is also big... like really big the 3DS saw a MONSTER increase when New Leaf came out that month. Like between AC and Gen 8 they really don't even need anything else for 2nd half 2018, but obviously we'll get a bit more. AC and FE are going to reel in those last 3DS loyalists, the ones that don't particularly care about Pokemon.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-16 at 07:38 AM.

And Chickat doubted the power of Pokemon and Smash...

NSMBU is gonna keep the momentum trucking as well, it's already a sales monster looking at those UK numbers.

My bold prediction: They can get 25 mil next year.

They still haven't played the trump card of a holiday price drop, and the MK8 bundle was limited they likely could have sold a lot more if they wanted. Animal Crossing is also big... like really big the 3DS saw a MONSTER increase when New Leaf came out that month. Like between AC and Gen 8 they really don't even need anything else for 2nd half 2018, but obviously we'll get a bit more. AC and FE are going to reel in those last 3DS loyalists, the ones that don't particularly care about Pokemon.
    The new Switch version will also sell more units because that will sell to both new and existing Switch owners. Not to mentiom it can also give the base model its first price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The new Switch version will also sell more units because that will sell to both new and existing Switch owners. Not to mentiom it can also give the base model its first price drop.
    Still not sold there is going to be a new version this year. Maybe a dockless SKU in the west(already is one in Japan).

Still not sold there is going to be a new version this year. Maybe a dockless SKU in the west(already is one in Japan).
    Seems like a bit of a weird sell in the west. We're not as bound to public transportation as Japan is, and where we WOULD be using a lot of public transport... bound to get it stolen.

Guess if it's priced even lower it would be better for parents to buy for kids, specially with the DS basically done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Seems like a bit of a weird sell in the west.
    Not really, if you're just looking for a cheaper sku entry level for your kid to play pokemon or AC. They already sell the dock separately here, and it's not like because it doesn't come with a dock that it's not compatible with them.

It retails in Japan for roughly $250. Bundle it with NSMB or Mario in the holiday season and parents will eat it up.

Not really, if you're just looking for a cheaper sku entry level for your kid to play pokemon or AC. They already sell the dock separately here, and it's not like because it doesn't come with a dock that it's not compatible with them.

It retails in Japan for roughly $250. Bundle it with NSMB or Mario in the holiday season and parents will eat it up.
    Yea, makes it a decent DS "replacement" at that price.

Nintendo Hong Kong and Nintendo Korea have announced that Nintendo Switch Online will be coming to those regions and an upcoming Switch OS update will be coming with Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) and Korean language support.

http://www.nintendo.com.hk/topics/ar...190117_01.html

http://nintendo.co.kr/news/view.php?idx=218

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    --snip--
    While I know 99% of it is satire I honestly can't disagree with his review.

Maybe its because I'm like him and I'm not into playing Fighting Games besides for the SP content.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While I know 99% of it is satire I honestly can't disagree with his review.

Maybe its because I'm like him and I'm not into playing Fighting Games besides for the SP content.
    fighting games get stale even if you are very good.

Theres literally only player skill to separate people assuming latency issues are fair which is kinda eh after a long shift at work.

Rpgs/mobas/battle royales at least have a small amount of progression to them that feels like you're not totally wasting your time.

even though video games should just be judged on entertainment alone. Its not personally how I see it being honest

Luffy- Evo Winner
    Punk- Evo 2nd place, E League Champion
    Du- Capcom Cup winner and Evo finalist
    John Takeuchi- Evo Japan 2nd place
    Smug- E League 2nd place
    Snake Eyez- Evo winner(In SF2 no less the thing we where even talking about in this thread!).
    Problem X- Evo winner

And so forth.

Snark aside do you know the main difference in pad users vs stick users? Pad users grew up and learned fighting games on consoles with a pad, stick users grew up and learned fighting games in the arcade on sticks. It's no surprise as the scene gets younger and younger more and more pad players are showing up, because arcades have been largely dead in the west outside of a few areas for a long time now.

Also while he doesn't play SF arguably best fighting game player in the world right now, Sonic Fox is a pad player.
    Christ, you're right! I've been out of the SF scene for quite a while; things sure have changed.

Pad with fight games, who would've thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    fighting games get stale even if you are very good.

Theres literally only player skill to separate people assuming latency issues are fair which is kinda eh after a long shift at work.

Rpgs/mobas/battle royales at least have a small amount of progression to them that feels like you're not totally wasting your time.

even though video games should just be judged on entertainment alone. Its not personally how I see it being honest
    There is a 25-30 hour adventure mode in Smash Ultimate with heavy RPG elements, and also literal ass loads of collectibles in the game that most still don't have 100% of even if they have played it heavily since launch.

Your take seems unrelated to Smash Ultimate entirely, it's not just a game focused on the competitive aspect(and tbh the competitive aspect is trash unless you're doing local MP the online is booty). There is a lot more then a "small amount of progression" in the game you praise mobas and BRs for... There is more progression in booting up Smash for 15 mins and playing Spirit Board or Classic with tickets then there is in those genres. If anything there is too much content in Ultimate.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-18 at 10:12 AM.

There is a 25-30 hour adventure mode in Smash Ultimate with heavy RPG elements, and also literal ass loads of collectibles in the game that most still don't have 100% of even if they have played it heavily since launch.

Your take seems unrelated to Smash Ultimate entirely, it's not just a game focused on the competitive aspect(and tbh the competitive aspect is trash unless you're doing local MP the online is booty). There is a lot more then a "small amount of progression" in the game you praise mobas and BRs for... There is more progression in booting up Smash for 15 mins and playing Spirit Board or Classic with tickets then there is in those genres. If anything there is too much content in Ultimate.
    Smash is amazing, the only problem is the huge discrepancy between tiers; some toons are just too strong compared to others. I wonder if Nintendo will apply fixes with patches to keep the game as balanced as possible.

There is no XP bar that fills up so I quess that means there is no progression.

I have fallen in love with BotW. I wrote a big LONG review to post here, but decided not too, because I don't think anyone really cares at this point, but to me the game is a 11/10 and it's my favorite GoaT.

That may change in the future, but just wanted to give this late review and say, BotW for me, feels like a game made just for me. I'm a Dark Souls guy and it almost feels like some elements from that game were incorporated into BotW. I loved it and I had more "oh snap" epic gaming moments in this game than probably all other games combined. I give it an 11/10 and while it's not perfect, no game I've ever played is, and this one comes closest.

I understand some don't like it, it's hard to make something that is perfect for eveyone, but this particular game appealed to me in a way that I can hardly believe. It really is my favorite game ever now....and I'm surprised by that.

https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.ninten...US&from_game=1

Piranha Plant Smash DLC is scheduled for a February release