Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Exponential growth is easy, and it requires little to no effort on balancing. As with other things, anything easy will be picked up by Blizzard even if it lacks flavor and is not fun, at all. While exponential growth isn't the single thing that makes WoW a disaster of a game that it is today, it is a symptom of a greater disease; optimizing for cost reduction. From homogenization to multi-tier difficulty, removal of CMs, tier sets, hard modes, bigger expansions etc, everything they do since post WotLK is about reducing the required time/resource for development.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    technicaly you are incorrect :

first catchs up in vanilla was Dire Maul and ZG

2nd catch ups were pvp gear from bgs.

so yes catch ups were in game since Vanilla
    That wasnt catch up gear but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    You wont be incredible becouse everything scales with you. If you were killing boar on 300 itemlvl 5 sec you will also kill him ib 5 sec with 420 gear.
    hmmm no, we scale faster then the mobs, not only blizzard said so, it's tested, with my fury warrior at 374 I kill things faster now that when I was 340.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    hmmm no, we scale faster then the mobs, not only blizzard said so, it's tested, with my fury warrior at 374 I kill things faster now that when I was 340.
    Yes we do but it isnt like you get 50% stroinger you kill 50% faster. it is more like you get 50% stronger you kill 5% faster.

I mean I have had an alt of 380 ilvl and I have Never stepped into Uldir and maybe done like 3 or 4 +8-9 dungeons for fun.
    It’s fucking pointless to even raid unless you can find a really nice team which makes it fun. Else than that u are damned to going through the hassle of finding the right guild and experiencing bullshit a few times on the way to recieve gear you Get from pugging content and world quests. Why would you do that?
    S.H.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    10 and 25 are two "modes". There were two "difficulties" (Normal and Heroic).
    Hmm. Not really sure I'd entirely agree with you. During WotLK 10 man "modes" were also an easier difficulty. This also refleced in ilevel (in fact 10 man heroic had the same ilevel gear as 25 man normal - meaning 3 different ilevels). That changed in Cataclysm where the modes were equalised i.t.o difficulty.

Not that it actually matters for the purposes of this discussion, where the difference is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    If you want to go this way, we can say we now have a shitload of difficulties. LFR, 10-man Normal, 11-man Normal, 12-man Normal... So yay, we have Mythic 20, Normal 10-30, Heroic 10-30, and LFR (which is also flexible but I'll be nice and only count one), that's a whopping 42 difficulty modes solely for the raids !
    You're being silly. It doesn't help the discussion. Normal 10-30 all drops identical gear, which is pretty much all that is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    Wow. Just... Wow. Here's the text from the post, for those who haven't read it.

- New Maximum Item Level: With great challenges come great rewards and the maximum possible item level will go up to 425.
    - Battle for Darkshore Warfront: Battle for Darkshore rewards will also increase to 400 from both the outdoor boss and from Warfront quest that can be completed once per cycle. The difficulty of the Warfront will increase however, and the item level required to queue will increase to 335. These changes will go into effect after the current Warfront cycle has ended. Until that time, players will still receive Season 1 rewards.
    - World Quest Emissary Rewards: World Quest Emissary weapon and armor rewards will also now scale up to 385 based on the player’s own item level. Rewards from the original Battle for Azeroth Launch World bosses will remain at item level 355 to stay on par with Uldir.
    - Dungeon Rewards and Difficulty: The difficulty of Heroic and Mythic dungeons will also be increase as follows: Normal–340, Heroic–355, and Mythic– 370 (baseline).
    - Mythic Keystone Dungeons and PvP: During the first week of Season 2 Mythic Keystone Dungeon rewards will be capped at Mythic 6 quality (item level 385). PvP Season 2 end-of-match rewards will be capped at 385.
    - Seals of Wartorn Fate: Seals of Wartorn Fate are not being reset and this same currency can be used for Battle of Dazar’alor and Season 2 bonus rolls; the cap on how many can be held at once remains at 5.

Meh, enough is enough.

I'm not putting any more money into this because, frankly, this design team just hasn't got a clue why its systems are broken, and why so many players are resolutely unhappy with it. With a single raid tier, the item level has been well over doubled from what the expansion starts with, and rather than keeping content relevant it just gets made laughably pointless with a shallow system that players want sheer luck from in order to gear past the spots of what they're actually doing.

Welcome to Diablo 3, built by a team that has fundamentally no interest in making a game that its players are interested in.

Dungeons just jump 30 points, while WQs jump to 385.

Jesus.
    quoted for truth. welcome to world of diablocraft. but the overwhelming majority of the palyerbase is kids (in the literal sense) who want things easy. Thus is the current generation of human.

a lot of wow players dont even know what a true-canon mmorpg is, they assume that its wow. rip. Thats digressing however.

Me? im just biding my time, laughing without surprise until pantheon. Gonna be waiting a bit longer. Long enough to see the long term transformation from casual mmorpg to mobadungeoncrawlerlootpinatarpg is complete.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    maybe I have outgrown this then. played since 2005 and I dont remember it being this bad before. so yeah - maybe it was this bad all along and I didnt mind - and now im just outgrown it maybe
    You still haven't substantiated why it qualifies as "bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Exponential growth is easy, and it requires little to no effort on balancing. As with other things, anything easy will be picked up by Blizzard even if it lacks flavor and is not fun, at all. While exponential growth isn't the single thing that makes WoW a disaster of a game that it is today, it is a symptom of a greater disease; optimizing for cost reduction. From homogenization to multi-tier difficulty, removal of CMs, tier sets, hard modes, bigger expansions etc, everything they do since post WotLK is about reducing the required time/resource for development.
    this too. that hundred-milly a month isnt enough. must-have-moooooor $$$

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Wants old content to be relevant
    Complains about BfA keeping old content relevant

You people are hilarious.
    I think he meant Uldir remaining relevant, rather than world quests and Darkshore WF completely replacing it in the progression path, but i guess Blizz expected Uldir-groups to dry up too much to fulfill that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    It's been nothing like this 'for a long time'.

Absolutely nothing like it.

It largely started in Legion, but was nowhere near as bad as this.

Those arguing to the contrary are largely telling me that they've been playing the game for a few years; at best.
    Your ass is doing the talking for you. Might want to look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Your ass is doing the talking for you. Might want to look into that.
    If you have nothing to say to counter argument him dont not reply. and hf beinh reported.

If you have nothing to say to counter argument him dont not reply. and hf beinh reported.
    Awww boo hoo. Ask mommy to change your nappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    And why the hell can people not understand that multiple difficulties is good for everybody because everybody can choose the difficulty for him/herself. Because not everybody is ready for mythic and there are people that are not even ready for heroic raiding because of multiple valid reasons. So why deny the the easy version of the raid? Just because we myhtic raiders are the only real guys? Bullshit.
    I think the point is more "way waste ilvl" on content that gets overgeared in a week. I mean, lfr is 340, normal 355. you could get 355 loot from world quest and low keys. Did we really need those +15 ilvl bump between each difficulty? Don't think so.

Considering we have at least 1 maybe two more patches it's another +60 ilvl increase. Dazal is 425, last raid is likely to be 485 or even 500. The xpac started at around ilvl 200, at this rate we're lucky if we dodge another stat squish by the next xpac.

Do we really need that much gap considering that everything non raid related scales with us effectively killing a good part of the char progression feeling?

The ilvl needs to go up, since there is a new raid - simple as that.

I don't agree on WF/TF from WQs/dungeons though..
    I used to love the World First races, but it is suffering to much from this new way of gearing.

Everyone needs to do all WQs and spam dungeons, for a chance of Titanforge before the raid is even out.. It's way too timeconsuming.. That is why so many guilds give up, they don't get payed to play, like Method.

So a new raid is "no reason" then. This is how WoW works and doesn't just become "raid or die".

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy the first few weeks of the new patch. LFR heroes will have 400 gear score in a couple weeks (free warfront gear, titanforged items etc). Then they will swarm into heroic raiding and m+ and the cycle will begin anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Enjoy the first few weeks of the new patch. LFR heroes will have 400 gear score in a couple weeks (free warfront gear, titanforged items etc). Then they will swarm into heroic raiding and m+ and the cycle will begin anew.
    Cycle of content can be cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    You still haven't substantiated why it qualifies as "bad".
    to me it qualifies as bad because I feel like it invalidates all the work I have done thus far (something that I remember as mostly happening from xpac to xpac, not patch to patch - and here I mean normal mythic dungeon giving gear as good as last tiers heroic raid). the gear I spend 6 months getting becomes obsolete with the snap of thanos finger. I dont feel like it has been this bad before as I stated, but again, as I said before - im probably getting to the point where im getting over WoW.

No it isnt.

- - - Updated - - -

If you didnt notice lot of players quirt game just poiting it out. You dont have to tell people to quit becouse we did. Secondly D3 is completly different type of game. It isnt MMORPG and lost of ARPG system simply wont work in this enviroment. Another fact D3 was absolute failure. It was such big failure even in eyes of devs they choose to cancel second expansion for D3 in order to redo game for D4. So saying things like briging aspects from D3 to WoW is somehow good thing is insane thinking.
    Im pretty sure most people who cry on these forums still play and also cry in the game.

Regarding D3, I wasnt the one who brought it up. It was the OP. I was merely giving an example of devs listening and makeing something better.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair. OP didnt bring any arguments. Just crying.