Thread: No Diablo 4

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Path of Exile sucks. People only started riding it recently cause they're bitter with Diablo.
    I wouldn't say it sucks. It has a lot of good ideas. It is just highly not user friendly and unaccessable in a way. That skill tree is a hot mess. The grinding is just as bad or worse than the other ARPGs and the slog to get to the good stuf is unbearable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    You can order gear, consumables, crafting mats and everything else online and have it traded to you ingame.

Its p2w unless you play SSF which doesnt let you trade. But that also makes it not playable with friends. Who wants that?
    Just like D2 then.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post

Just like D2 then.
    Sure. Who cares tho? Doesnt make it OK just because there are other games with p2w. Werid logic, guy!

Quote Originally Posted by DontKnowDontCare View Post
    I really hope they keep it real, and don't implement any of the trends we see today.

Back in the day, companies tried to copy Blizzard, now Blizzard is just another follower.
    Um, outside of Diablo, Blizzaed made their name on taking good concepts from genres they enjoyed playing and making a game with them in it more accessible to the casual masses.

BTW, Diablo was not even an idea from Blizzard. Brevik's Condor studio made it. It was also a turn asked strategic like game. Blizzard asked him to make it real time combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. Who cares tho? Doesnt make it OK just because there are other games with p2w. Werid logic, guy!
    But it has nothing to do with the game or the dev. That is a player issue.

But it has nothing to do with the game or the dev. That is a player issue.
    The devs are allowing it to happen. Its p2w. End of discussion.

The devs are allowing it to happen. Its p2w. End of discussion.
    This is an unavoidable outcome in literally any game that has an economy-based gearing system. The nomenclature of pay to win pretty specifically described systems available from within the game, not going out and cheating.

The Devs aren't "allowing" it to happen, it's just nearly impossible to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by madgar29 View Post
    Blizzard said DIABLO 4 IS IN DEVELOPMENT BUT WILL NOT BE OUT FOR 4 YEARS...... and that is OFFICIAL from BLIZZARD.....
    Yup. And folks need to remember Diablo III started development in 2001.... was announced in 2008.... and was released in 2012. It is also to be noted that they had issues with the early development, resulting in the closure of Blizzard North, so it won't be another 11 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    This is an unavoidable outcome in literally any game that has an economy-based gearing system. The nomenclature of pay to win pretty specifically described systems available from within the game, not going out and cheating.

The Devs aren't "allowing" it to happen, it's just nearly impossible to stop.
    Still P2W. DOesnt matter what side discussions people try to bring up.

Still P2W. DOesnt matter what side discussions people try to bring up.
    Actually the terms p2w, f2p, p2p, and the like are used in regards to how the dev/pub hadle things on their side. They really have no control ove how players circumvent the game like that. Sure they could prevent all trades, then people like you would complain that.

Actually the terms p2w, f2p, p2p, and the like are used in regards to how the dev/pub hadle things on their side. They really have no control ove how players circumvent the game like that. Sure they could prevent all trades, then people like you would complain that.
    Im discussiong and stating a fact. Thats not complaining. Stop bothering me now pls

Im discussiong and stating a fact. Thats not complaining. Stop bothering me now pls
    You are stating an opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    In my opinon, Path of Exile sucks. Other people started playing it recently cause they like it better.
    FTFY. No need to thank me.

Nopes. Its facts .

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a bunch of fun with it for a couple of weeks. Then i realized its a pay 2 win where you can order exactly every item you want that is BIS and all crafting mats with real life money.

Never played since
    Maybe you can from a 3rd party website, wouldn't surprise me at all. You could also do that in D2, and its regarded as the ARPG which all others are judged by.

And what do you win with BiS gear? Have you played PoE past level 50 yet? That seems like an odd statement.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2019-01-18 at 02:28 PM.

Nopes. Its facts .
    This is one of the most nonsensical argument the I've heard in a long time. It's like saying Tour de France supports doping because Lance Armstrong did it and got away with it for a while. Besides the fact that premium stash tabs are near mandatory for a good experience in trade leagues, Poe is not p2w in any way. People who are paying real money for in game gains are breaking the rules of the game and will be directly banned if and when caught. It's pure nonsense to define the game by what people are doing to break the rules of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    FTFY. No need to thank me.
    People only play POE cause it's free and D3 has been left to rot. It's a mediocre game.

Yep well said!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Too little too late. They could NEVER catch up to Path of Exile at this point.

Diablo is a childs cell phone game franchise now.
    Like Final Fantasy, right? Or Hitman? Or Fallout? Or Grand Theft Auto? Or Injustice? FIFA? Warcraft?

EDIT: Hint, they're all major franchises that have had mobile games.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2019-01-18 at 03:25 PM.

It's not P2W, or Pay2Win. A game get's that tag when the developers implement a method to purchase items directly from them that are equal to or greater than that of the endgame rewards. Path of Exile only has cosmetic micro-transactions and couldn't be more further from Pay2Win.

By your definition, every game ever that has trading is Pay2Win because there's a black market where players sell a product within the game to other players without the developers support or approval.

You aren't just wrong, you are objectively wrong. And that's a fact.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    It's not P2W, or Pay2Win. A game get's that tag when the developers implement a method to purchase items directly from them that are equal to or greater than that of the endgame rewards. Path of Exile only has cosmetic micro-transactions and couldn't be more further from Pay2Win.

By your definition, every game ever that has trading is Pay2Win because there's a black market where players sell a product within the game to other players without the developers support or approval.

You aren't just wrong, you are objectively wrong. And that's a fact.
    Nah. Doesn't matter what the term is based on or what other games does or even what your view on it is.

With real money you get better stuff in the game. Fact.

Now stop trying so hard to defend your game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost if you can't play both Diablo and PoE. Both games have their strengths and weaknesses. I enjoy both, and play both. And will play a D4.