Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    These are both killer setups! @Cilraaz, clean it up and get a rad in there, say fuggit and have some fun. Don't be like me with my old HAF X from back in the day.
    @dirtlits I love the tasteful art in your computer. While I'm really not happy with WoW right now, I still can appreciate the art and such. Where did you get the mini Frostmourne?

- - - Updated - - -

How much of the upgrade in speed do you think is thanks to upgrading to an NVMe vs the CPU upgrade? I'm still running the 5820k@4.1GHz, but recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my old but still fast 950 Pro 256GB NVMe drive. Granted I mainly play Path of Exile, but I love my rig as it is, but I could see an upgrade maybe within the next year. I really want to stay on HEDT platform though, maybe go for the mid-tier 5930k equivalent, if you know what I mean. 5820k was the lowest, then 5930k, then 5960x, I want a decent mid-tier with more PCI-E lanes for potentially more NVMe drives etc.

We'll seeeeee

- - - Updated - - -

Incredibly beautiful! Well done! Wish I could keep my area that clean. Also, thought my desk was big... now it's looking kinda small. lol
    Thanks, love that desk and cost less than $250 to build from Ikea stuff, 98 inches long. I have workbenches and shelving on the other side of the studio to keep stuff on so it makes it easy to keep my main desk clean.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account

Cheap Gaming Headsets

What is the best headsets for gaming under $200??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlits View Post
    I finally built a new PC for xmas to replace my old 5820k system. While I thought about doing some hardline water cooling, I decided that is for next time. I wanted to use this Cricut and at least add something interesting to it. So added some runes from the frostmourne weapon from WOW and found a mini one to add to the case. Overall, pretty happy with it, just need to change out this 1070 with new GPU with some fan lighting or something.
    <image snip>

Here is how my desk setup is, ignore the random odd items in the background. :P
    <image snip>
    That setup looks amazing, but considering it for myself all I can think is that my cat would have half of those things on the floor within an hour. My setup is pretty spartan by necessity - no extraneous doodads around that might draw a kitties attention.

[Mod Edit: Please don't quote the entirety of giant posts to reply with one or two sentences.]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2019-01-01 at 03:56 AM.

Alright so I got two things for Black Friday that I like a lot that changed my setup.

That monitor on the right cost $60 (plus I had a $25 best buy gift card sitting around for years) so I bought it.
    Then, you'll notice the webcam on the monitor to the left.

I used to sometimes use my iPad as a third monitor (with sketchy software that disabled DirectX which means when I used it I couldn't play games without uninstalling the software (which meant restarting computer every time...)), and I also used iPad as a webcam sometimes. But iPad really sucked because I had to make a stand for it using like a bookend and a kleenex box.

Third dedicated monitor and a webcam that requires no extra effort to setup is really nice. Third monitor especially is great, I can have like twitch open on one monitor and still have space to code on the other two.

This is my 2nd year with the PC so I MIGHT upgrade, because I'm pretty sure the warranty I bought on GPU and CPU and MOBO will count as credit toward another purchase at Micro Center, but that expires this summer.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Alright so I got two things for Black Friday that I like a lot that changed my setup.

/img

That monitor on the right cost $60 (plus I had a $25 best buy gift card sitting around for years) so I bought it.
    Then, you'll notice the webcam on the monitor to the left.

I used to sometimes use my iPad as a third monitor (with sketchy software that disabled DirectX which means when I used it I couldn't play games without uninstalling the software (which meant restarting computer every time...)), and I also used iPad as a webcam sometimes. But iPad really sucked because I had to make a stand for it using like a bookend and a kleenex box.

Third dedicated monitor and a webcam that requires no extra effort to setup is really nice. Third monitor especially is great, I can have like twitch open on one monitor and still have space to code on the other two.

This is my 2nd year with the PC so I MIGHT upgrade, because I'm pretty sure the warranty I bought on GPU and CPU and MOBO will count as credit toward another purchase at Micro Center, but that expires this summer.
    Save up your money for a real upgrade. You should tell us what your entire setup actually is and we could tell you if there's really any real reason to upgrade.

I'd save though and work towards getting a bigger, higher-end monitor, as you have no idea what you're missing out on. You can have all the monitors in the world, but one REALLY GOOD monitor will blow them out of the water. If you've only had the PC for 2 years though, it's probably still perfectly good unless it was a cheap PC when you bought it.

I'd also say, save your money so you can get better peripherals, i.e. mouse, keyboard, and headphones/headset/microphone.

You can have the best damned PC in the world, but if your peripherals are shit, you'll still feel like you're playing on something low-end. The best upgrades one can do for themselves is get good peripherals, because those parts do a few things: typically last longer than computer internals and are the direct experience with the computer. And, so you know, I mean this in the most supportive fashion, there was a time I had a great gaming computer, but was playing on a crappy 21.5" Acer 60Hz TN monitor with a membrane keyboard and average audio setup at best. This advice I'm giving you is coming from a place of, I want you to experience the best you can. So, if you're thinking about upgrading your internals, rethink that, and look into peripherals.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    New apartment, newish setup.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Silver)
    Processor - I7-8700K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard - Asus Rog Maximus X Hero (WI-FI AC)
    Cooler - Corsair H115i Pro RGB
    Video Card - Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti XE
    Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB @ 3200
    SSD - Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
    HDD - WD Black 2TB
    Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W
    Display - Dell AW3418DW
    Speakers - Audioengine A5+
    Mouse - Logitech G Pro Wireless
    Keyboard - Vortex Pok3r RGB Limited Edition with mx reds
    Chair - Herman Miller Aeron 2016 remastered version (not pictured)
    Desk - Ikea Bekant

[IMG][/IMG]

For now man...get some more even board/cpu usage and dogging....

Then idk might run the the 7700k/EVGA some more....it god dogged pretty well though. I'm pissed lost the I/O shield for the EVGA FTWK can't find it...

Nevermind but I found it...holding off on the Quality mobo man...that one has survived the Z270's and torture Testing...

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG][/IMG]

It's a Massive unit and can run fanless….
    Last edited by JRZoid; 2019-01-13 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRZoid View Post
    Lol, I used to have a buddy back in the day who used to run a car radiator as his heat sink for water cooling and just hung it outside his window. This was after machining his own water block too. Ah, pretty spoiled for choice these days.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG][/IMG]

For now man...get some more even board/cpu usage and dogging....

Then idk might run the the 7700k/EVGA some more....it god dogged pretty well though. I'm pissed lost the I/O shield for the EVGA FTWK can't find it...

Nevermind but I found it...holding off on the Quality mobo man...that one has survived the Z270's and torture Testing...

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG][/IMG]

Why is there a cig pack in your computer? Why no cable management? I'm extremely bothered by these pictures.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why is there a cig pack in your computer? Why no cable management? I'm extremely bothered by these pictures.
    Probably the same reason the right fan on the radiator isn't properly secured and he has no side panels

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Probably the same reason the right fan on the radiator isn't properly secured and he has no side panels
    [IMG][/IMG]

Pump Died overnight killed the whole thing overheated it and shut off....((((

Using the EK pump again...

- - - Updated - - -

Something wrong with the EK too...it's Roaring Chirping and sounds like mini Toilet lol

- - - Updated - - -

toilet cavitating ek

- - - Updated - - -

OMGGGG mannnn

Just installed the rtx 2060 founders, RGB can come in handy

Man my phones camera is terrible lol, its all green if you cant tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Just installed the rtx 2060 founders, RGB can come in handy

Man my phones camera is terrible lol, its all green if you cant tell.
    cool man. I know I want the 2060.

Don't be jealous all;

cool man. I know I want the 2060.
    I like it so far, fairly quiet and max temp ive seen so far is 71c. Havent overclocked it yet but gpu clockrates range from 1875-1950 at stock.

I like it so far, fairly quiet and max temp ive seen so far is 71c. Havent overclocked it yet but gpu clockrates range from 1875-1950 at stock.
    Well I'm on 4k now it's quite the nudge I could use.

Well I'm on 4k now it's quite the nudge I could use.
    2060 would struggle a bit at 4k but could probably maintain 60 fps in a lot of games with lowered settings.

BTW it definitely gets hotter than the 71c i reported earlier, saw 78c after an hour of overwatch.....but fans only went to 55%, lots of room to set a custom curve.

2060 would struggle a bit at 4k but could probably maintain 60 fps in a lot of games with lowered settings.

BTW it definitely gets hotter than the 71c i reported earlier, saw 78c after an hour of overwatch.....but fans only went to 55%, lots of room to set a custom curve.

My Waterblock can work with it...would never go over 60c....I can run some stuff on the Overclocked 1060 at 4k. It's either that or like a Vega 56.

My Waterblock can work with it...would never go over 60c....I can run some stuff on the Overclocked 1060 at 4k. It's either that or like a Vega 56.
    Very nice Im kinda salty my nzxt kraken g12 bracket wont fit this thing, but its so pretty it would be a shame to take apart anyways lol.

Very nice Im kinda salty my nzxt kraken g12 bracket wont fit this thing, but its so pretty it would be a shame to take apart anyways lol.
    I stay at 2k 1440p mostly though...like I said that was never a 4k card really.