Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they will try pushing that eventually

10+ Year Old Account
    That feels like a bridge too far. I would like to believe they know better than to put a full race unlock in the shop. I feel like they would do more xmog stuff before they dared try to put something as big as a new race on the shop. And honestly new hairstlyes and what not I wouldn't even be mad at since lots of other MMOs do that already.

No way they do allied races though

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    As bad as a precedent it would set, fuck yeah. If I had to pay $100 to play as a Drakonid or Naga (the real legless kind) I'd do it in a heartbeat. Shit, I'd pay a lot more than $100.
    And this right here is why they will eventually do this. They prefer making money this way to making a fun game that a lot of people will buy and stay subscribed to.

I was thinking, Hell no, they would never do a thing like that when its material to buy a expansion because people wont buy the expansion if theres no feature

Then it came back to me...... Next Diablo is going on tablet and shit
    So yes, It's a possibility. Like They wont do any more expansion and sells WoW shit features piece by piece

No chance.

The only, ONLY way I could see them doing this would be after an expansion is finished allowing you to buy the Allied Race unlock instead of earning it in-game, and even that is extremely unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    If activision truly had as big of a grip on blizzard as people say, we'd already have high elves in the cash shop for $30.00.

Along with murlocs, naga, etc.

The game would become a total joke.

I approve of this idea........ just to see all the outrage

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Unlikly. People have said they would add litteraly every thing to the shop but they haven’t expanded it.
    ^This.

since the store opened people whined how it would eventually become P2W..... Here we are years later and the store gets like one mount a year....

I prefer rep grind. At least grinding can be fun.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

If Activision stays out of the picture I don't ever see this happening.

No, only micro-transaction blizzard has is basically cosmetics, not gameplay stuff. So I wouldn't worry about it.

The number of people who are okay with this idea is kind of hilarious and kind of sad.

This is how the gaming industry dies. With thunderous applause.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Could Blizzards Allied race feature be a plot to introduce "Allied Race models" to the Blizzard Shop?

I am not saying it's a "bad" thing, but Blizzard introducing the "Allied Races" could be a testing ground to see how people respond to it, with the recent additions to Night Elves being able to change to "Night Warrior", and us getting new Allied races in the next patch.
    Plus all the data mined Vulpera, Skinny human, and those Mecha Dwarves could indicate that we are getting more "skins" in the future.
    Sure they can come from questline unlocks like Night Elves got, or even a new "Allied Race", but what if Blizzard decides to post them on the Blizzard store?
    We all know how gamers are crazy about their skins and I'm pretty sure games like Fortnite show good revenue in that department.
    I have my doubts, honestly. Just sounds more like tinfoil talk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    ok. But remember the unlocks are just plain dead reputation grind and a tiny shitty questline. New players leave the game even before they have managed to unlock the race they wanted to play to begin with. i know you are thinking people should "work" to get their reward, but goddamn, they could atleast have made a decent, more creative way to unlock it, without timegating and not enough reputation to gain each day.

And since the way to unlock them is so damn dull, I think it is 100% ok to add it to the shop (after someone ingame have unlocked them).
    The rep grind will be half over just by leveling a main.
    The quest like you said is quick.

Honestly there is no reason for it to be on the shop and the only one defending it would be a person that already hates any kind of working towards a reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    The number of people who are okay with this idea is kind of hilarious and kind of sad.

This is how the gaming industry dies. With thunderous applause.
    A majority of those ok with it also don't play the game

Would certainly be hilarious to see people try to defend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Could Blizzards Allied race feature be a plot to introduce "Allied Race models" to the Blizzard Shop?

I am not saying it's a "bad" thing, but Blizzard introducing the "Allied Races" could be a testing ground to see how people respond to it, with the recent additions to Night Elves being able to change to "Night Warrior", and us getting new Allied races in the next patch.
    Plus all the data mined Vulpera, Skinny human, and those Mecha Dwarves could indicate that we are getting more "skins" in the future.
    Sure they can come from questline unlocks like Night Elves got, or even a new "Allied Race", but what if Blizzard decides to post them on the Blizzard store?
    We all know how gamers are crazy about their skins and I'm pretty sure games like Fortnite show good revenue in that department.
    Are we really getting to the point now, as a 'fan' base, where we are fabricating scenarios which we can use to be imaginarily mad at Blizzard for something?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised they haven't put "Unlock Pathfinder now to obtain flying in BfA!" on the shop. Like seriously, they'd make so much money, I'm actually impressed they haven't given in to the temptation.
    What else have they put up like that? A character boost..? Oh wait some helms... and those are the only xmog items. I highly doubt we will ever get any other character items, mounts don't really count. None of the mounts give you flying for free... and none of the mounts move any faster soo..

10+ Year Old Account
    People get extremely angry every time something is added to the store, and if people bought the shop helms/ancient sapling, they would get kicked from dungeons/lfr because of that.
    If they even tried expanding the shop in that direction, I cannot really imagine the consequences.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    What else have they put up like that? A character boost..? Oh wait some helms... and those are the only xmog items. I highly doubt we will ever get any other character items, mounts don't really count. None of the mounts give you flying for free... and none of the mounts move any faster soo..
    Not saying they've put anything up like that (though arguments could be made for gold and character boost), just that I'm surprised they haven't.

Wouldnt surprise me 1 bit if it was already in the works....