Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dropped Netflix a while ago. They almost never have a movie I want to watch, if its an big movie I saw it in theaters, and for some reason anything I missed in theaters is never up there.... there are plenty of classic action/comedy movies they never had up, even more frustrating was when they HAD a movie/show (like Top Gear) but then drop it when you are half way through.... I simply didn't renew when I got a new credit card. Then all the ultra left bullshit they added like "Dear White People" is going to keep me away.... how about a "Dear Black People" ... I have a ton of things to say in that, but that would be equality, we can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    $2-3 isnt much but it was enough for me to drop amazon prime. I think it's all in the phrasing. Charging $20 a year for amazon prime hurts, but charging $2 a month for netflix is much easier for people to shallow.
    Have fun spending far more than that 20$ if you order off Amazon regularly, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Have fun spending far more than that 20$ if you order off Amazon regularly, I guess.
    last I checked they still have free shipping for non prime members, if you buy a certain minimum. and honestly, ever since i got prime, I noticed that I shop a lot more and I know its a matter of self control, but at the same time, its so easy to fall into the whole "well we have prime, might as well justify it" mode of thinking.

as for price hike... to be honest with them essentially losing Disney AND canceling Marvel stuff, AND their movie/non original TV show catalogue dwindling... I've been having hard time justifying continuing subscription as it is. I think I may end up canceling and only resubing for like a month to marathon new season of stranger things.

10+ Year Old Account

Price increase wont increase the quality thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    So, im sure most people have seen all the articles about Netflix raising all of its prices. I logged into my account today and noticed that both the lower plan and the higher one had both changed in priced but the ones that i am on, the 10.99 plan is still the same. Are we being grandfathered in on our old plan or is this a change that i missed?
    gotta pay those tens of milions yearly for new CFO from activision somehow

10+ Year Old Account
    That forced diversity costs money.

So many people paying to finance Netflix's bullshit. I think I've never seen a Netflix-exclusive not being completely shitty. Sure I'll never pay for that.

Maybe i'm wrong but didn't Netflix hire a person of the higher level from Activision? Maybe that explains why the price increases.

Prepare for microtransactions too.

I don't even use Netflix, but RIP to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I dunno, having worked for a casting agency, finding a cast that isn't all white european, straight, and mostly male and a few hot women sounds like it would save tremendously on costs given that most of the actors that don't fit the above qualifiers are usually hard up for work.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by StanShady View Post
    Netflix is in serious debt over its head. Thank Asians for that.
    They are in debt because they invest in alot TV Shows and Movies, 8 billion this year alone.
    Netflix need a alot good movies and shows when Disney starts with Streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I dunno, having worked for a casting agency, finding a cast that isn't all white european, straight, and mostly male and a few hot women sounds like it would save tremendously on costs given that most of the actors that don't fit the above qualifiers are usually hard up for work.
    I'm not even sure where he gets the idea that Netflix really goes overboard with racial diversity anyway...Netflix has no shortage of White People leading the casts of their original series.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

It's a well known fact that Netflix runs on a loss for years now. That's why they got rid of all the old classics in their library and focused on more in-house production. The problem is, that wasn't enough, and now they're raising prices.

Netflix still waaaayyy cheaper than standard cable or dish/directv. And they aren’t “losing money” to operate. They are using money to grow their own original catalog.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    last I checked they still have free shipping for non prime members, if you buy a certain minimum. and honestly, ever since i got prime, I noticed that I shop a lot more and I know its a matter of self control, but at the same time, its so easy to fall into the whole "well we have prime, might as well justify it" mode of thinking.

as for price hike... to be honest with them essentially losing Disney AND canceling Marvel stuff, AND their movie/non original TV show catalogue dwindling... I've been having hard time justifying continuing subscription as it is. I think I may end up canceling and only resubing for like a month to marathon new season of stranger things.
    We don't watch their (really lousy) streaming service, but we order a shit load off of Amazon. We'd order more if Amazon Pantry were included in Prime, but as it is we get at least one or two things from Amazon on a weekly basis usually. It's just too convenient when you need batteries or lightbulbs and you don't want to make a trip to the store just for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by StanShady View Post
    Netflix is in serious debt over its head. Thank Asians for that.
    NF has 130 MILLION monthly subscribers. Paying ~10 plus dollars a month, they are doing fine lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Netflix still waaaayyy cheaper than standard cable or dish/directv. And they aren’t “losing money” to operate. They are using money to grow their own original catalog.
    Yeh, in other words, they are investing their profits back into the company/brand....like many businesses do. FFS they generate like 1.5 billion a month in sub costs.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    They just paid something like a hundred million dollars to keep Friends on their service for the next year. It's supposedly their #1 streamed show.
    Wish they'd have Fraiser and Home Improvement on it... hmph!

Just sign up for a new account every month and keep getting it for free. Again and again and again and again.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Wish they'd have Fraiser and Home Improvement on it... hmph!
    They had Fraiser on it for ahwile I think. Home Improvement episodes show up frequently on Pluto TV.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Forced diversify?

I cancelled my netflix sub because I just naturally moved away from it's (mostly) YA and teenager content, found myself watching mostly Amazon prime stuff, lots of good shit there, it's also cheaper considering everything you get for the sub.