Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    oh ok, the 2 articles i read had not mentioned that. Time to cancel then. Funny how they raise prices right before Disney pulls all of the Disney/Fox stuff from them, they are going to be gutted.
    Disney didn't pull anything from them because they don't really have the rights to do so. Sure there is a contract that will last for "x" amount of years but that's it. Netflix got butthurt because Disney are starting their own streaming service and doesn't wanna support their brand anymore because of that.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    $24.00 is chump change.

Netflix is the most successful streaming service on the planet. Their business model is so profitable that they'll only improve from this point on.

Disney does not create a lot of movies that I'm nuts about. It's probably my age and interests. Them gettin' cut out of Netflix, if it were to happen, is a bad idea for Disney. Having a Disney-only platform is ZzzZZzZZ

https://d23.com/list-of-disney-films/
    Is it really $24 a month now? Let me guess, it still doesn't include the 'exclusive DVDs' that you can never get online and only through the mail?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Disney didn't pull anything from them because they don't really have the rights to do so. Sure there is a contract that will last for "x" amount of years but that's it. Netflix got butthurt because Disney are starting their own streaming service and doesn't wanna support their brand anymore because of that.
    As much as I like the idea of a single, monolithic streaming entity that will have absolutely anything I could possibly want to watch on it, it's not realistic. Netflix needs to accept that their time as being the Only Streaming Business is done. They'll be top dogs for a while to come I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    oh ok, the 2 articles i read had not mentioned that. Time to cancel then. Funny how they raise prices right before Disney pulls all of the Disney/Fox stuff from them, they are going to be gutted.
    It's 6 cents increase per day.

If you share your account with 4 friends (which netflix lets you do) that means it's literally 1.5 cents per day increase. Please find me another entertainment service you can enjoy for 1.5 to 6 cents per day.

I'm sorry, you can't. You're being petty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Is it really $24 a month now? Let me guess, it still doesn't include the 'exclusive DVDs' that you can never get online and only through the mail?
    $24 is how much more people will be paying per year. ($2 more per month)

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    what annoys me is they are raising prices to create more original content. Sure great, but 80% of it is absolute crap.
    Can i pay for only the stuff i like :P
    80% is generous, even the stuff that should have been good has been gutted by injecting weird off topic sociopolitical agendas

I get it free through a deal with my cable company else I'd cancel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    $24 is how much more people will be paying per year. ($2 more per month)
    So $13 a month? Thank you!

apparently Netflix is burning through cash at the moment https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/inves...ock/index.html

I guess cause they know soon all they will have left is there own created content cause any stuff done by Disney or Warner or whatever is gonna be removed once the contract is up and will be placed on there own streaming service.

IMO this is gonna get bloody and its gonna be interesting to see who rises above this streaming war the victors cause right now we are being deluged with paid streaming sites and very few of us are gonna spend money being members of loads of them.