Thread: Lizardmen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    And ratmen.
    We draw the line at ratmen.... *cocks shotgun*

Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    Was playing Total War Warhammer with lizardmen and I'd love to have a playable race like that in wow. Could look like the dragonborne in D&D. Zandalari trolls with their Dinocentric culture kinda make the odds pretty slim though. I'd settle for Naga. I'll just stop rambling now...
    This sounds like the Saurok to me. When they first announced Allied Races and they said that the Battle for Azeroth would affect all the continents on the planet, so we would bring in allies and such from them all, I assumed from Pandaria, the horde would get Saurok and Yangol, and the Alliance would get Jin'yu and Grummels. Looks liek we will be getting VERY few allied races from our first indications.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It seems natural to want to put lizard people riding around on various kinds of giant lizard, but if you think about it that would be like putting humans riding around on various types of giant gorillas and monkeys.
    I don't see it the same way. To me it's mammals riding mammals and reptiles riding reptiles.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

There was some speculation originally that the Alliance would be a drakonid race allied with Wrathion since he was originally in the emissary building. Meaning he was going to recruit some new race into the Alliance. Time will tell if that never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    IDK why people like the sethrakk. Their elongated necks just look weird to me.

For variety's sake in the gaming world, sure. I'm fine with that.

I hate vulperas though. I think they're hideous and should not be allowed. This game should not promote stupid shit like that again, we've suffered enough with Pandas.
    Aww, does someone suffer from doraphobia?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    We draw the line at ratmen.... *cocks shotgun*
    What about Batmens?

now that you mention it I am kinda surprised we don't have a lizard/dragon/reptile race in wow. it's such an OLDSCHOOL staple of the high fantasy rpg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What about Batmens?
    ....they can pass, but no ratmen.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    There was some speculation originally that the Alliance would be a drakonid race allied with Wrathion since he was originally in the emissary building. Meaning he was going to recruit some new race into the Alliance. Time will tell if that never happens.
    If anything, I'm certain the most unique race the Alliance will get at this point are centaurs.
    BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH HORSES!! /s
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    If anything, I'm certain the most unique race the Alliance will get at this point are centaurs.
    BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH HORSES!! /s
    They would never given them centaurs. Too cool. Probably the reverse centaur with the head of horse and body of a man. That no one ever asked for

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They would never given them centaurs. Too cool. Probably the reverse centaur with the head of horse and body of a man. That no one ever asked for
    Whatever it is, I'm sure Jaina will date it
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no such thing as ratmen.

That's... that's ridiculous.

I wouldn't be averse to them myself, but the Zandalari have taken everything cool about the Lizardmen (the Maya/Aztec aesthetic, ancient civilization vibe, gold everywhere, and of course dinos a gogo) for themselves, so what is left? Saurok are just kind of there, they don't have any interesting theme, and Sethrak are probably a no-go for a playable race due to their weird body shape.

Damn scalies...
    Yiff yiff yiff.
    OT: I agree, dragon types would be welcomed. I remember walking into Dustwallow Marsh for the first time and seeing the mobs by Onyxia's lair, good times.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Batmens?
    I looked that up, doraphobia, lol. Thanks for the new word of the day.

And no, I don't suffer that. I just think it cheapens wow if it were to happen.