7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The End Game is... well. There are no item levels, instead gear is level-based (Going from level 1-50 and then champion points 10-160) so your best in slot is set-based. That set might come from PvP, Crafting, Raiding, Dungeons or a mixture of all of them. Once you have your BiS you'll likely keep using it for a while until it's nerfed. Since better gear coming along is quite rare.

Besides gear there's also a gigantic skillgap between players who are good and players who are less good. Following class guides is pointless for the most part because they expect you to be highly skilled and capable of things like consistent animation canceling.

Because of this the main rewards for raiding and high-end dungeons seem to be mostly cosmetic. Leaving them a very one-and-done affair.

Overall it's a mess and I personally can't be bothered with it.

ESO is one of those MMO's where the main content is really just leveling and exploration with endgame being a side thing for the most part. There's hundreds of hours of content to do but if you're only interested in endgame then it's probably not for you.

The questing content that is in ESO is brilliant. Easily some of the best I've seen come out of an MMO with dialogue, choices, consequences and all the other stuff typical of an Elder Scrolls Game.
    Leveling content is something i can get behind, being an EQ fanboy n' all and if raiding is mostly cosmetic that is fine as well, i cant stomach hardcore raiding anymore. i love collecting things/farming rare things anyways.

Let's just hope i can enjoy the combat it has. Think ill be buying it this paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Leveling content is something i can get behind, being an EQ fanboy n' all and if raiding is mostly cosmetic that is fine as well, i cant stomach hardcore raiding anymore. i love collecting things/farming rare things anyways.

Let's just hope i can enjoy the combat it has. Think ill be buying it this paycheck.
    combat is... odd. but.. the good news is if you are mostly into solo/collecting (and boy does this game ever have things to collect), most content is very forgiving nowadays, even if combat is not your cup of tea

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    combat is... odd. but.. the good news is if you are mostly into solo/collecting (and boy does this game ever have things to collect), most content is very forgiving nowadays, even if combat is not your cup of tea
    I'm not too hard to please, as long as it has a decent flow to it. And i'm looking for casual content anyways.

If that's what you're primarily looking for - lots of solo and small group content to get through rather than a gear treadmill, ESO has a whole lot of it. If you'll be actively playing, I highly recommend maintaining a sub for a while. Gets you access to all the DLC while it's active (plus perks like the crafting bag which is huge) plus the monthly stipend, so you can stockpile some currency to buy the DLC to permanently keep for when you unsub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If that's what you're primarily looking for - lots of solo and small group content to get through rather than a gear treadmill, ESO has a whole lot of it. If you'll be actively playing, I highly recommend maintaining a sub for a while. Gets you access to all the DLC while it's active (plus perks like the crafting bag which is huge) plus the monthly stipend, so you can stockpile some currency to buy the DLC to permanently keep for when you unsub.
    i should be actively playing, and thank you for the advice.

i should be actively playing, and thank you for the advice.
    One thing: Even if you're not a crafter, just in case you ever want to craft I highly recommend using crafting tables for research to always keep those going. They're purely time gated (each new modifier you want to research for a specific item type takes longer and longer, so the first one is an hour, the second might be 4, and it continues scaling up as you research more and more for that item type - 1h sword, plate helmet, cloth chest, shield etc. etc.), and you're generally not going to make too much from selling them to vendors anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    TTC is not 100% reliable, but should give you general idea - you can search the site by keywords and then visit specific traders.

https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade

Rawl'ka is another busy location, but bear in mind.... busy locations = better selection BUT also generally higher prices.
    Thanks for pointing this webpage out, it looks like it can be of great help. A quick question if you know- is this US only or does it cover EU (PC) as well?

7+ Year Old Account
    One thing: Even if you're not a crafter, just in case you ever want to craft I highly recommend using crafting tables for research to always keep those going. They're purely time gated (each new modifier you want to research for a specific item type takes longer and longer, so the first one is an hour, the second might be 4, and it continues scaling up as you research more and more for that item type - 1h sword, plate helmet, cloth chest, shield etc. etc.), and you're generally not going to make too much from selling them to vendors anyways.
    Gonna go out on a limb and assume the crafting is a profession and a popular one at that. And I also assume the research time goes on even when logged off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am hoping for a decent looking house in the next year. I have a lot of crowns and I want to grab a manor but nothing available right now impresses me.
    Manors are not worth it. Either they are to big (and lack of decor cap), or to small to be called that.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fext...Player+Housing

Price and space wise -- this is the best house:
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fext...ken+Stronghold

Also, if you were playing the game at September 20 at 11:00AM EDT until Friday, September 28 at 10:00AM EDT (2018) you should have this house (if you had expansion) for free:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/grand-psijic-villa/

As expected, the leveling and questing experience in this game is good, maybe even great. The actual end game and combat systems leave much to be desired.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh shit player housing? That is something i can get busy with for hours.

Gonna go out on a limb and assume the crafting is a profession and a popular one at that. And I also assume the research time goes on even when logged off?
    Not sure how popular/important it is, but yes it continues while you're logged off. The last researches (whatever they may) take upwards of 30 days total (real time), so it's definitely something that I know I regretted not starting earlier.

Worth dumping some points into crafting lines and leveling them up a bit (dismantling gear is a good way to do this) at least so you can have 2 things researching for each crafting discipline at once. So 2 for leatherworking/clothesmaking, 2 for blacksmithing (armor and weapons), 2 for woodworking stuff (staves/bows/shields I believe).

10+ Year Old Account
    oh shit player housing? That is something i can get busy with for hours.
    Yeah, it has one of the worst building system of all housing mmo games i played. You need some serios addons to be accurate.
    (and also be stockpiled on ingame money + be very patient each week to see the vendor in coldharbor selling any good decor)
    Lets not forget that some of good decor is locked behind achivments (pile of gold -- go steal, crystals -- gota do that expansion fully) and also some specific items are STORE ONLY!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how popular/important it is, but yes it continues while you're logged off. The last researches (whatever they may) take upwards of 30 days total (real time), so it's definitely something that I know I regretted not starting earlier.

Worth dumping some points into crafting lines and leveling them up a bit (dismantling gear is a good way to do this) at least so you can have 2 things researching for each crafting discipline at once. So 2 for leatherworking/clothesmaking, 2 for blacksmithing (armor and weapons), 2 for woodworking stuff (staves/bows/shields I believe).
    Alrighty, I'll get right on it when i get it. Thanks for the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yeah, it has one of the worst building system of all housing mmo games i played. You need some serios addons to be accurate.
    (and also be stockpiled on ingame money + be very patient each week to see the vendor in coldharbor selling any good decor)
    Lets not forget that some of good decor is locked behind achivments (pile of gold -- go steal, crystals -- gota do that expansion fully) and also some specific items are STORE ONLY!!!
    Ahh well that's unfortunate about the store part, wish that stuff would go away. I'm probably still gonna try it and see how it goes for myself, spent like 30 hours on my house in EQ2 when i was a teen.

Ahh well that's unfortunate about the store part, wish that stuff would go away. I'm probably still gonna try it and see how it goes for myself, spent like 30 hours on my house in EQ2 when i was a teen.
    There's still plenty you can get in-game, but it's the way cash shops work. Optional cosmetic stuff that doesn't impact normal gameplay like housing stuff are frequently put in the store as well as in-game. There are a bunch of super expensive houses as well ($100+), but honestly it's not as bad as it seems at first blush.

Primarily, it's purely optional. If you just like tinkering around you'll be all set because you can still have fun decorating a bit in the smaller/mid-sized homes.

But the other thing is the stipend, which has let some longterm player accumulate vast sums of cash shop currency. Developers generally don't like leaving tons of cash shop currency in the economy (causes sales projection issues etc.), so they sell some super expensive items like that aimed more at those folks with huge sums of currency to try to bleed some of it out.

But again, you'll likely still be able to have plenty of fun with housing as you get more stuff in-game and start building up enough gold to buy better shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    But again, you'll likely still be able to have plenty of fun with housing as you get more stuff in-game and start building up enough gold to buy better shit.
    This is the likely route. I plan to take it slow/stress-free anyways.

you must not have played a lot of MMOs, becasue while this one is not on a level of wildstar, it comes somewhat close. the only real drawback is the furnishing limit. aside from that, amount of creativity this system allows for is pretty great. you do NOT need addons to decorate at all. they help, but they are not needed. just patience.

very few items are crown store only - most items are achievement or crafting based oh and that coldharbour vendor? is hit or miss. he has a small fraction of cool stuff, most things are permanently in game in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Thanks for pointing this webpage out, it looks like it can be of great help. A quick question if you know- is this US only or does it cover EU (PC) as well?
    it has both US and EU, but its only helpful for PC. technically it has ps4/xbox pages, but give that its updated via running in game addon... I have no idea how useful it can be without it. bear in mind, there is a delay between items being listed and items showing up on a page, and when items sold, page takes hours to update their lack, sometimes more, so its not 100% reliable. but its far FAR better then nothing.

anyways, I actualy made an experiment as far as decorating goes, only using super cheap patterns, minimal achievement furniture, cheap apartment, the deal. and this was before they added more vendors with better building blocks mind you, and I would say it still ended up looking nice.

manors are... well manors are for when you REALLY get into it, they are expensive and large and more challenging to get to look nice. smaller houses IMO are better and they are far more affordable too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOUrHRvRCRc appartment I decorated with only cheapest crafted furniture/basic vendor items. I also have a house that I decorated with ONLY basic vendor items. I just haven't gotten around to filming it yet. and I'm not even remotely the most creative decorator out there, probably more down the middle.

decorating does require a LOT of time investment. but what it does NOT require is RL money.

- - - Updated - - -

Manors are not worth it. Either they are to big (and lack of decor cap), or to small to be called that.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fext...Player+Housing

Price and space wise -- this is the best house:
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fext...ken+Stronghold

Also, if you were playing the game at September 20 at 11:00AM EDT until Friday, September 28 at 10:00AM EDT (2018) you should have this house (if you had expansion) for free:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/grand-psijic-villa/
    eh, IMO, the best house for the money is houndings. great outdoors, sizable house, its pretty much your private island. manor sized house at about 1/4th of a price of on.

oh forgot to mention. one thing that housing does kinda... require. or at least its much better that way - is subscription. your item slots are doubled with subscription and it can make a HUGE difference.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKf...1d1sNApd5eoHEw channel of just one of the people whose decoration talents I admire.

Ugh I want to play ESO, but don’t wanna quest without necromancer

Fun game but has no end game...and lack of any sort of real dungeon and or boss Mechanic's and a difficult Crafting System.

Quote Originally Posted by JRZoid View Post
    Fun game but has no end game...and lack of any sort of real dungeon and or boss Mechanic's and a difficult Crafting System.
    question. which dungeons have you done so far? because there are dungeons that are meant to be done at level 10 so they are very forgiving and then there are dungeons that will kick your butt even on normal. same goes for trials - there are relatively simple trials with minimum mechanics, especially on normal, meant for entry level groups and there are trials that very few groups managed to clear on HM BECAUSE their mechanics have to be executed just so.

crafting system is not difficult that's true. its mostly time consuming, but eh... for me personaly, I'm not a fan of difficult crafting systems (aside, what do you consider difficult incidentally? we may have different definitions). I just wish research in ESO didn't take so darn long, but I do enjoy crafting otherwise. especially that you can make a single character your full on everything crafter, instead of having to spread your crafting across multiple alts