10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of something, talking about the Troy Brown, Welker, Edelman lineage: Some of the Patriots beat writers have been offering up the idea that Patriots might make a play in free agency for current Tampa Bay Buccaneer Adam Humphries.

I looked into it a bit, and he's exactly that type of short area quickness, sneaky slot receiver that the Patriots like. He had an under the radar good season this year and he's a UFA in March. He won't cost top of the market dollars to sign, and he would finally give the Patriots that back up plan for when Edelman loses it (he'll be 33 next season).

He's definitely on my radar now so we will see what the Patriots do.

10+ Year Old Account
    The beat writers are just looking for white guys.

Also the receiver market is insane, I doubt he comes cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

CJ Anderson talked with Dan Patrick about his weight gain, he attributed it to sympathy weight with a daughter being due in a few months, and assuming his season was over and shutting it down on staying in game shape. Pretty much figured the second part.
    /s

https://twitter.com/WAD1980/status/1085702341704134656

This sums up why the Pats are playing the underdog card this week. You want to say Mahomes and Chiefs pass catchers are better than Brady and his receiving corp this year, fine, but claiming Andy Reid is better than Belichick and the Chiefs Defense is better than the Pats is LUDICROUS. Everyone loves to claim the Pats aren't good anymore and the Pats pretty regularly shove it right back down their throats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    CJ Anderson talked with Dan Patrick about his weight gain, he attributed it to sympathy weight with a daughter being due in a few months, and assuming his season was over and shutting it down on staying in game shape. Pretty much figured the second part.
    Interesting how he still produces even out of shape. Just goes to show what he could have done if he had been in ideal playing condition. Some team should definitely give him a chance next season and actually see it through with him. He'd be a good back up at the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Pro Football Writers of America have chosen Matt Nagy (Bears) as Coach of the Year and Chris Ballard (Colts) as Executive of the Year.

I suspect the NFL voting will follow suit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Interesting how he still produces even out of shape. Just goes to show what he could have done if he had been in ideal playing condition. Some team should definitely give him a chance next season and actually see it through with him. He'd be a good back up at the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Pro Football Writers of America have chosen Matt Nagy (Bears) as Coach of the Year and Chris Ballard (Colts) as Executive of the Year.

I suspect the NFL voting will follow suit.
    Nagy? Seriously? I get he did the whole "Worst to First" thing that guarantees you the award but I'd put more of that on Khalil Mack than on Nagy. They weren't even the most impressive team in their own division, nor pulled off a bigger talent turnaround than the Colts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nagy? Seriously? I get he did the whole "Worst to First" thing that guarantees you the award but I'd put more of that on Khalil Mack than on Nagy. They weren't even the most impressive team in their own division, nor pulled off a bigger talent turnaround than the Colts.
    I don't know that you win coach of the year because your QB was injured last year either, so not sure about the Colts. This year I would've leaned toward some old dogs who got their team back to relevance despite nobody expecting them too, Carroll & Harbaugh.
    /s

Mack was in no way the reason the Bears won 12 games this year, and he wasn't even the best player on that defense this year to begin with. To imply a single player makes that much of a difference is objectively wrong. Colts are the same way, Luck is not why they won 6 more games this year (they also went 8-8 the 2 previous years, 1 of which they did better without Luck than with him). They went from a bottom 3 defense to a top 10 defense, and their defense was bottom 10 the 2 8-8 seasons.

Teams win games based on coaching and the players executing, not individual players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who was more impressive in the NFC North? Vikings did well but took a big step down. Packers showed last year's poor outing wasn't a fluke. Lions existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that you win coach of the year because your QB was injured last year either, so not sure about the Colts. This year I would've leaned toward some old dogs who got their team back to relevance despite nobody expecting them too, Carroll & Harbaugh.
    Valid point. Guess the question is "Would Pagano have gotten the Colts to the Divisional Round?"

Also, Cowboys have fired OC Scott Linehan. You may chalk that up as one of the weirder firings this season.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Also, Cowboys have fired OC Scott Linehan. You may chalk that up as one of the weirder firings this season.
    Most people were surprised it didn't happen sooner. Him and Jim Bob Cooter were both well known by fans to have some of the most uninspiried and easy to predict offenses. Both teams should be happy they have moved on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valid point. Guess the question is "Would Pagano have gotten the Colts to the Divisional Round?"
    Except that if we gave the award to coaches for being better than Pagano, almost everyone would win.

- - - Updated - - -

Benjamin Watson is dealing with appendicitis, he was injured for the only Patriots SB win during his time there, and its possible he will be inactive if the Saints reach the SB as well, he's already inactive for the NFC Championship. Sucks for the guy, he deserves better than for his career to end this way.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Benjamin Watson is dealing with appendicitis, he was injured for the only Patriots SB win during his time there, and its possible he will be inactive if the Saints reach the SB as well, he's already inactive for the NFC Championship. Sucks for the guy, he deserves better than for his career to end this way.
    I saw this come by on Patriots twitter as well, such bad luck. He definitely deserves better than this. He's not played in New England in years and he's still very respected and loved here, despite all the competition for attention by current good players. Testament to the guy and player he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its kind of crazy that Watson never won the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, but nobody but Watt could've won last year.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    So am gonna miss the AFC Championship game, live anyway. Got work starting at 1030. The NFC game finishes at 940am my time barring no OT.

#RIP I stoopidly accepted a fulltime contract 2 weeks ago (contracts only go for 2 weeks at my workplace) and now gonna miss the AFC game!

Definitely watching the Superbowl though. No way in hell am I missing that.

#GORAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    So am gonna miss the AFC Championship game, live anyway. Got work starting at 1030. The NFC game finishes at 940am my time barring no OT.
    Definitely watching the Superbowl though. No way in hell am I missing that.
    #GORAMS
    Will be you be going to a Bar in Brisbane to watch the Superbowl?

Drink some Coors or Budweiser & eat Buffalo wings ?

Here is a list of bars in Brisbane with Superbowl functions.. The "Flying Cock" sounds good

https://www.theurbanlist.com/brisban...-2018-brisbane

BTW. I dunno where in Australia they will source Buffalo wings.. As you know, we do not have Buffalo in Aussie except at the zoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Twitter somehow seems to love reminding me, with so many goddamn articles on my timeline today.

Happy 17th birthday tuck rule game, you're still bullshit and sent two franchises spiralling in opposite directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Happy 17th birthday tuck rule game, you're still bullshit and sent two franchises spiralling in opposite directions.
    You still had 23 plays that game that could have changed the outcome and yet your team did nothing about it.

What happened in that game was not some cosmic event that influenced the universe. It was just your team not being good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't say it didn't influence the universe then link an article where point 5 was directly influenced by the result of this game.

Raiders don't lose that season, Gruden doesn't go to Tampa. Al gets his Superbowl and stops fucking the team over for years with poor trades and bad contracts as he desperately tries to get one more Lombardi before he dies.

It's the butterfly effect, in a game where momentum is key, it was a massive shift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    You can't say it didn't influence the universe then link an article where point 5 was directly influenced by the result of this game.

Raiders don't lose that season, Gruden doesn't go to Tampa. Al gets his Superbowl and stops fucking the team over for years with poor trades and bad contracts as he desperately tries to get one more Lombardi before he dies.

It's the butterfly effect, in a game where momentum is key, it was a massive shift.
    That bolded part is some MASSIVE supposition. I think your team proved it didn't have what it takes regardless and Al would have been Al regardless and made dumb trades and draft picks. He was a competitor and would have chased the next ring, no matter what had happened before.

But whatever makes you sleep at night I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they went to the Superbowl the year after and lost because of coaching problems (turns out using Gruden's calls and playbook isn't a smart idea when you play against a team he's coaching, who knew?) it's a poor argument to suggest they didn't have what it took.

Sadly we'll never know, any and all arguments are supposition, but short of going back in time and changing the ruling on the field we'll never know for sure.

What's undisputed is that the two franchises went in very different directions in the years afterwards, and Walt Coleman never officiated a Raiders game in the 17 seasons since it occurred.