Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    In hindsight its always easy to say "bosses before weren't hard" because you know the fight all around and you probably compare it to something current ones have but don't count for the toolkit changes.
    I feel like that stopped with the introduction of mythic raiding. It would be really difficult to find anyone who'd say that mythic Archimonde or Kil'Jaeden were easy bosses but I'm sure it's way easier to find people who say that most of the MOP bosses were pretty chill in the end.

I think it's a case of not being able to overgear the encounters which makes most mythic bosses feel so much more difficult. Well at least I think that's one of the issues. The top guilds in the game actually skipped Mythic G'huun for their farm nights because it wasn't worth the hassle, that has never happened in the history of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Yeah, just like the tier it replaced.
    But things like that have always been a part of the game #1 and #2, several traits do indeed change the way you play/approach using your abilities.

test of might/crushing assault/lord of war are 3 from 1 class.

But whatever
    Whatever indeed. How did you manage to pick a combo of a/b/c tier traits to try to prove a point that you can't? Yes, these traits do have some connection to built in class abilities the same could be said with many traits that aren't 100% proc based, but still remain inconsequential and irrelevant to how someone plays their character. In this specific case, Crushing Assault being the strongest from your example, 100% proc based and does not change how any arms warrior plays their character.

This is the consistent theme with them. They are highly automated right into the standard rotation, and for the very few that aren't, the dps gained from following through or dps lost from not is so marginal (real or simmed, doesn't matter) that no one, not even bleeding edge mythic goers change how they play their character because of them. Hell, sometimes there is dps gained from not following through on a proc, breaking standard rotation.

There's maybe some other BfA hill that you could die on to defend, but azerite traits isn't it, my guy.
    Last edited by evogsr; 2019-01-18 at 10:17 PM.
    Noob Blocker share link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgD...ew?usp=sharing

I am not the original author of this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post

Becouse Blizzards thinks by letting people catch up in easy mods and showering casual audience with free epics will retaon them. Too bad those players grtting bored of endless treadmill withing patches and quiting.
    i find it hillarius when people make claims like this when majority of people whining about quiting are hardcore raiding crowd not casuals.

People raided BT in t4. Individuals that say that nowadays ilevel inflation isn't a thing are disingenuous baboons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    If top end gear will now be i425, but doing simple World Quests gets you easy i385, that does seem F'd up.

So soon you can easily be i390+ geared without ever once walking into a Raid or running any Mythic dungeon. Just by doing the World Quests and boring AF easy Warfronts, you can be pretty much Heroic raid geared, without ever Raiding.

So casuals won't be far off gear wise from [H]ardcore raiders. Good job Blizzard
    so in your opiniong 35 itlv difference is "not so far off "

then wtf were they doin in literaly any previous expansion when they werent whining about this

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i find it hillarius when people make claims like this when majority of people whining about quiting are hardcore raiding crowd not casuals.
    Yeah, because those casual players just leave. They don't care about the game. Why would they even bother trying to complain? They just quit WoW and go back to playing fortnite and candy crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I feel like that stopped with the introduction of mythic raiding. It would be really difficult to find anyone who'd say that mythic Archimonde or Kil'Jaeden were easy bosses but I'm sure it's way easier to find people who say that most of the MOP bosses were pretty chill in the end.

I think it's a case of not being able to overgear the encounters which makes most mythic bosses feel so much more difficult. Well at least I think that's one of the issues. The top guilds in the game actually skipped Mythic G'huun for their farm nights because it wasn't worth the hassle, that has never happened in the history of the game.
    Mythic Archimonde and Kil'jaeden are rather new bosses and I haven't found anyone saying Garrosh or Lei-Shen were easy. Sure we can find easy bosses in each expansion like Xavius in Legion if we want to.

Overgearing isn't happening anymore as it used to because of WF/TF systems together with huge amount of split runs, Blizzard had to make the difficulty of last few bosses much harder numbers wise than what they used to. For top guilds the difficulty on progress is the same but for the rest (and top guilds on farm) its effectively more.
    G'huun being skipped is just because it offers very little usable loot for a last boss compared to any other and it required rather specific comp early on. If the boss actually had BiS trinkets and weapons rather than the sad excuse of a loot table it currently holds then most guilds would've atleast tried to kill it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Uh no it hasn't this crap only started in legion before that the worst jumps were 5 ilvls and making sockets random which is still stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

99% of people in this thread apparently started playing in legion. Making the entirety of previous raiding irrelevant every patch was not a thing until legion.
    Lol, yes it was. In fact, people went legendary farming in old raids up until Argus patch so that statement is just dumb as fuck. Not even gonna bother with listing everything pre that. Can you please just stop hating on the game for the sake of hating the game, fucking bandwagon haters holy shit, BfA is dogshit yes, but don't just go "This was better previosly" when it wasn't, be fucking objective at least.
    Raid Mains: Warlock / Warrior
    M+ Main/s: DH / Rogue
    Active alts: Druid /Monk / Mage

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    The new content coming in could reward higher ilvl for sure! But why is OLD content getting a bump i ilvl rewards?
    So that there is still SOME reason to run it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Your point would be valid, if not for the person I replied to, who asked if badge vendors ever sold gear that equals the ilvl of the PREVIOUS TIER'S MAX ILVL gear.
    I must be confused then. I just remember in wrath, the gear you bought was equal to 10 Normal, so 25 heroic would be slightly better. Sadly, I can't remember cata gear vendors. I don't think I ever bothered with them except for enchants.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    Okay, I'll clear this up for the people who just don't get it.

Tell me:

1. When did dungeon items get their item levels increased, rather than new dungeons with better gear?
    2. When did World Quests start getting their items increased, rather than replaced via new content?
    3. When did vendors get their items increased, rather than a new tier vendor prior to the system removal?
    4. When did gear bonus procs start their random item level increase, rather than a specific value?

I'll let you start with those four. And, to be fair, anyone is allowed to answer them. I'll happily correct those who are wrong, just to put this "this iz fiftein yearz lolz" claim out of the thread, because it's laughably incorrect.

@OneWay, @XDurionX, @Gaidax and @Felrush are all invited to answer these questions, too.
    1. When that funneled everyone in the Troll dungeons in Cata. Also M+ is a thing now so you literally cannot have a dungeon drop higher ilvl than the others.

2. Since World Quests exist. Previously dailies awarded no gear so there's no comparison point.

3. Since the tier system is removed, what's the question here? The vendor is actually getting new 415 items as well.

4. I'm not even sure what you mean by that, but I assume you're sad that titanforging exists or something.

And that's probably all the consideration your umpteenth whine thread deserves. Go find a new game if you don't like ilvl spikes, they've been a thing since 2.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    We went +200 ilvl in just one raid tier. Blizzard made their ilvl/stat squish meaningless within a few months, it's shocking how they keep butchering the character progression by throwing endless gear/ilvl/difficulties into a blender.
    This is another aspect of how expansions act like standalones. If you can reset stats at will with each expansion then the dislike of stat inflation is less important from a design point of view.

That's not an endorsement of stat resets or inflation. It's just what it is.

What Blizzard wants is for anyone who joins up with the game to be able to fast-track to the latest content. It's deliberate and a strategy to get people to come back and easily gear up for the new raid. Again, not an endorsement but they've said this often enough that I'm surprised anyone is surprised.

The expansion design still mainly faciliitates making it so people can get into organized raiding. And casual players who might only play for a month or so might just extend another month because their progression is so dramatic.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-01-19 at 12:34 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am not avoiding it. I am mocking it.
    So basically you prove my point and are too dumb to realize it. Takes a special kind of, well, special. But hey, when you've nothing to answer to facts, I guess you can't do better.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Welcome to World of WarCraft that has been like this for 15 years.
    Bullshit. Cataclysm spiked 60 ilvls throughout the whole expansion. Legion alone spiked through 300 ilvls. BULLSHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    What are you even talking about? Neck lvl 38 gets you all three throughput traits, you can easily have that on mythic release by just doing your world quest round like every other day. No need to do IE at all aside from the weekly cap. Looking at neck lvls on wowprogress it seems like only the top three guilds do require excessive azerite grinds.
    You can easily do two splits per raid night (the very top guilds seem capable of doing four) and what would be the point of grinding M+ right before there is an ilvl bump?

Do you only know people from Method?

I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't introduce weekly caps to remove the most autistic forms of grinding and to level the playing field, but the issues you describe don't or barely exist for 99% of Mythic raiders.
    I'm talking about the top end and most people I know who still play are in that area yeah. I do agree weekly caps would help a lot

This is to keep dungeons and world content relevant for the whole xpac.

I don't see a problem there, it's basically catch up gear.. you'd rather got in circle on an island and open chests?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    People raided BT in t4. Individuals that say that nowadays ilevel inflation isn't a thing are disingenuous baboons.
    Yes but you're going all the fucking way back to BC before the isle badge vendor was patched in(which was the first time they had an ilvl soft reset). That has continued for literally every expansion since then. Acting like this is something only the more recent expansions have done is blatantly false.

Soft gear reset when new content releases... in other news water is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Mobs gain power at 20% the rate you do. So it's something like you gain 50% they gain 10%. To prevent a repeat of MoP when a geared raider could gather an entire subzone of mantid, barely take a scratch, and flatten them in two globals.
    What exactly was wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Bullshit. Cataclysm spiked 60 ilvls throughout the whole expansion. Legion alone spiked through 300 ilvls. BULLSHIT.
    Cataclysm only had 2 raid difficulties, not 4. It's the same shit extrapolated to what the current game provides. Not sure why this is going over your head mate.

Also lol @ legion spiking 300 ilvls. Epic gear started at 840 in legion. It didn't even gain 300 when you factor in fucking legendaries or argus ring which capped at 1000, let alone actually base ilvl epic drops.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-19 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Didn't expect a tinfoil hat from you. But then again, how well do you know people on the internet, really?
    It's not tinfoil it's common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Wrath also introduced heroic difficulty beginning in ToC and ICC.
    Yes and 10 and 25 were separate progression paths you had two difficulties for each but they were pretty much different raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Do you not realize it's better this way? This is the only way they've ever managed to keep content alive. If it wasn't for ilevel adjustments people wouldn't keep running dungeons or doing emissaries. There's not a single way that this isn't a positive change.
    If it was better this way they would be losing subs left and right. There is nothing to reach for no point to actually staying subbed. Oh I'm going to be on vacation for a few weeks eh might as well deactivate my sub gear will just get reset in a month or two anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    A few things: we're not going to keep going up 75 ilvls per tier. We're going up 30 ilvls per tier, and had a bunch of pre-raid stuff at the start that we won't keep having. We're going from 385 to 415. If we have 4 tiers we'll end at 475, which is only 90 more than what Mythic started at.

Second, Wrath is a particularly bad example because we literally ran out of numbers to increase. People were capped on secondary stats, and if we had a raid after ICC people wouldn't have gained significant amounts of damage. If you just abstract away ilvl, Wrath had just as much out-of-control scaling as later expansions.
    425* you forgot about titanforging

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Nope, the system is working fine. Cancel your account and go cry about how the next games "system" is broken.
    If the system was working fine blizzard would still be reporting subs and not culling their server farm relying on shards that lag to hell and back.