15+ Year Old Account

Disney's Song of the South

Over the years Disney has released or been accused of having racists things in their movies & cartoons. Its no big secret that the crows in Dumbo resemble negative stereotypes of blacks (one name Jim Crow & another named Fats). There's the Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp. Then there's the chopsticks using to play the piano Asian looking cat in The Aristricats. And who could forget the whole red colored Indians in Peter Pan? The Jewish stereotype Big Bad Wolf in the Three Little Pigs cartoon. These are just a few examples of the racist crap that has been in Disney features over the years. There is one that is even worse than all of these put together though. This would be Disney's Song of the South! Released in 1946 it is jam packed full of racism throughout the whole movie. Disney has not re-released this film to be sold in decades because of the controversy surrounding it in today's modern culture. Fear not fellow MMO-Champ viewers, I have found where you can view it online and am posting it here for you to see with your own eyes. For those that have seen it, what do you think of this movie?

https://archive.org/details/SongOfTheSouth_Disney
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-01-19 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topics

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Did you just crawl out from under a rock? this is like saying you just discovered this thing called youtube. Disney's dark era has been discussed to death online and offline featured in countless videos and major tv documentaries etc etc.. the carton you posted is literately all over youtube and has been discussed buy countless major channel, 4chan, facebook, Reddit, you name it. And to top it all off, its been posted here a hundred times. So I ask again. Are you new? Welcome, this is called the internet.
    The full video is not on youtube. Bits & pieces of it are on youtube but not the whole video.

Breaking: people were more racist in the past.

7+ Year Old Account
    Movie that Disney has "hidden away" due to being "offensive" is "offensive". News at 11. Also, if you're getting offended on someone else's behalf, you're doing it wrong.

Brer Rabbit was one of my favourite stories as a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I saw the reddit thread with that link too!
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Not Disneys best but its still has some absolutely great moments and this unforgettable song.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft I have it on vhs somewhere in my garage
    If you realy wanna be controversial check out the older videos of the female chipmunks.
    Then destroy your computer, move to another state and change your name

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Over the years Disney has released or been accused of having racists things in their movies & cartoons. Its no big secret that the crows in Dumbo resemble negative stereotypes of blacks (one name Jim Crow & another named Fats). There's the Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp. Then there's the chopsticks using to play the piano Asian looking cat in The Aristricats. And who could forget the whole red colored Indians in Peter Pan? The Jewish stereotype Big Bad Wolf in the Three Little Pigs cartoon. These are just a few examples of the racist crap that has been in Disney features over the years. There is one that is even worse than all of these put together though. This would be Disney's Song of the South! Released in 1946 it is jam packed full of racism throughout the whole movie. Disney has not re-released this film to be sold in decades because of the controversy surrounding it in today's modern culture. Fear not fellow MMO-Champ viewers, I have found where you can view it online and am posting it here for you to see with your own eyes. For those that have seen it, what do you think of this movie?

https://archive.org/details/SongOfTheSouth_Disney
    Damn, things made during and before Jim Crow times contained racist images? Who could have guessed?

I've seen it in it's entirety in the theaters when I was a kid. I barely remember it. But I can tell you they have a big log flume ride dedicated to it at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in FL.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember having these as a child. Different times.

I loved the crows in Dumbo. Decades later I learned about racism from watching how the left treats women and minorities like helpless children. I still love the crows though.

Let's figure out the names of everyone who worked with this and their families names so we can destroy their lives and careers....

#pitchfork

I thought Disney gets a free pass because they are a progressive company and Black Panther and all that...

Race discussions are not allowed. closing now...