Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The actors are too old.

This needs to go the way of creed where the team passes the torch. Maybe the last job is the one where Egon died and the team broke up after that, but now that spirit/ghost/demon is back. Have a scene where people comment about how if ghosts were real it would be all over YouTube. No one believes. And don't cast these nonsense young actors who can't act at all. Don't direct this like some garbage CW show. Ghostbusters could be done correctly. Unfortunately it won't. And I think the reason is they will overdo the CGI and instead of making something great, the will look to make something marketable to gain a new generation of Ghostbuster merchandise consumers.

Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wanna see this movie appeal to both diversity lovers and fans. Might as well go with the Extreme Ghostbusters approach

Although I think just replace Harold Ramis (Egon) with the surviving Ghostbuster members :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-01-17 at 04:40 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The original film had the same charm as a modern Marvel film. But even Marvel struggles with sequels. Most Marvel sequels go down the path of

1. conflict with the government / military
    2. acting as secret police vs official oversight
    3. civil war between superheroes
    4. overarching threat that unites everyone

So following the blueprint, the following stories kinda write themselves:

1. conflict with government / military: The US military develops its own Ghostbusters program while the original gang still exists and is busting ghosts. Both groups run into conflict with each other and several comedic bits just write themselves.

2. acting as secret police vs official oversight: this was kinda actually the plot of the original film. the government wanted oversight and then shut them down, only to allow them to go back into service when there were no other options. You could expand upon this by having them be officially outlawed and turning them into fugitives that have to bust ghosts quickly and stealth-like. Egon would have cobbled together some crazy new tech like invisibility shields to hide from cops, tiny pocket-sized proton packs that are much less reliable and have 1 charge only, and maybe disguises.

3. civil war between superheroes: well not superheroes but ghostbusters. two of them work for the military and the other 2 go rogue.

4. overarching threat that unites everyone: pretty straightforward

I could probably take the existing material and cobble together 4 new Ghostbusters films.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this. This is basically a message from Jason Reitman, that they did such a crap job with the all female 2016 movie, he wants a proper one made to homage what his father made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You wanna see this movie appeal to both diversity lovers and fans. Might as well go with the Extreme Ghostbusters approach

Although I think just replace Harold Ramis (Egon) with the surviving Ghostbuster members :P
    Am I the only one who actually enjoyed that show? Because it was hugely unpopular.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Am I the only one who actually enjoyed that show? Because it was hugely unpopular.
    I liked it. Some of the episodes were cringey but overall it was a pretty decent, especially given some of the other garbage that was on at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo...no shirtless Chris Hemsworth?...

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Claims it will be a sequel to the original films, forgot that all logos have been replaced by GB2 logos in the last movie on the Ecto-1, uniforms and even headquarters.

I think you may have stumbled across a release date there accidentally. JL5-2020. July 5th, 2020? >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I liked it. I thought it captured the atmosphere and character the Real Ghostbusters captured. All the recruits were not just generic stereotypes either they had a personality. So yea, I enjoyed it alot, not as much as The Real Ghostbusters but it captured the charm of that show.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I liked it. Some of the episodes were cringey but overall it was a pretty decent, especially given some of the other garbage that was on at the time.
    Like the Mortal Kombat animated series :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Soooo...no shirtless Chris Hemsworth?...
    we get plenty of that in thor. And given the role he portrayed in the feminist ghostbusters movie, he needs a time out and reflect on what he did.

Gimme a film based on the animated late 90s Extreme Ghostbusters series (same studio that did the animated MIB series) pl0x.

I honestly enjoyed those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cammi Killswitch View Post
    I think you may have stumbled across a release date there accidentally. JL5-2020. July 5th, 2020? >_>
    Clever
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-01-19 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Like the Mortal Kombat animated series :P
    That show is a gold mine of cringe. KOMBAT TIME!

Oh, boy. This takes me back. I was born in 84. Ghostbusters was the first "thing" I ever liked. I had watched the movies every time they were on tv, begged my mother to get me the VHS tapes when we finally got a VCR. The best part of my day was getting home from school and watching The Real Ghostbusters. The toys were the best ever created at the time. The NES game sucked, but I played it anyway. I just loved all things Ghostbusters that much.

I remember the Ghostbusters 3 discussions being one of the oldest ones I have ever had on the internet, going back to the 96-99 time frame. Ghostbuster fansites were all over the place. Some of the oldest message boards were devoted to talking all things Ghostbusters. We all sorely wanted it, but Bill Murray just wouldn't fucking budge. Year after year it was nothing but "He's in! He's out. He's in! Er, now he's shredded the script". After the 2000's all that energy and enthusiasm just seemed to die. I consider myself grateful for having gotten Ghostbusters the video game, as it is the only closure we're ever going to get to the original four. This announcement would have made my fucking day twenty years ago. Now it's just all too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammi Killswitch View Post
    Omg they had it planned all along!

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    1. Reboot was aweful because the director didn't work off the women's talents and instead went for potty jokes and even made Leslie Jones the stereotypical angry black woman. Queef jokes, boob jokes, and even "Because im black" jokes. The Villian is a guy who was bullied and the movie ends with shooting a ghost in the dick. Felt very sexist and racist to me.
    If anything, Ghostbusters 2016 was roughly aimed at middle-aged women and maybe women in their 20's? At least that's what it felt like when I watched it, and that's not really the demographic that you'd expect of a Ghostbusters fan. I'm all for expanding the appeal, but never at the cost of the content itself.

I don't think the actresses collectively were the right pick for the roles as there really was near-zero chemistry between them all. This could've been the director's fault, as at many times in the film you could tell the director just had the actresses ad lib scenes to try to get natural humor... which always fell flat. Maybe there was some gold cut from the film, but I doubt it. However, despite the individual talents of actors/actresses, you can't always put individual talent together and have a great ensemble chemistry.

Part of what made the original Ghostbusters a success, as well as any ensemble movie, is the chemistry between the characters that was genuinely funny and entertaining. Individually, actresses like McCarthy can be very funny and entertaining, but you have to have the right setting. Instead of trying to develop this chemistry, I feel the director spent more time milking the Hemsworth role of "I'm a dumb yet adorable hunk" shtick. And yes, quite a few of the jokes and scenes did come off as sexist/racist, but the film doubled down by implying it was okay because a women or a black person said it.

Was there political crap shoved in that was completely unnecessary? Absolutely, and it was certainly cringe-worthy and detracted from the entertainment value of the film. However, it was just one aspect of the film that made it bleh, but it's also generally recognizable symptom that dooms a movie (which is why these types of films get the SJW label, as they tend to share the same pitfall): focusing too much on things that don't matter instead of the things that actually do. When watching the movie, half the time I was taken out of the movie and questioned why they made certain decisions about the content left in the movie. Attention to detail should matter and is what makes a great movie. Certain dialogue or words or even entire scenes/interactions felt like they were just squeezed into the movie, despite having little or no bearing beyond their individual messaging and always coming off as cheap. Again, it could be the director dropping the ball or Sony executives micromanaging the crap out of a movie, but the entire movie felt like a half-baked agenda-pushing cash-grab instead of a project where the basis was a genuinely entertaining idea.

All that being said, the franchise could be done again and much better. We have the Spider-Man franchise with Sony that's undergone so many reboots but we're finally getting to some very entertaining products, like Into the Spiderverse. As long as the director at the helm of this upcoming film treats the franchise with respect and care, we can have an entertaining Ghostbusters movie again. Considering the director is basically following upon the legacy of his father, I will be cautiously optimistic.

...I left responses to 2. and 3. off just to keep the post short. I'll just say that sequels generally have a hard time meeting or surpassing the original (maybe Aliens and T2: Judgement Day at time off the top of my head actually hit that level of success). And I never played the video games, but wasn't the original script for the sequel to Ghostbusters 2 used as the basis for the video games you mentioned?
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    If anything, Ghostbusters 2016 was roughly aimed at middle-aged women and maybe women in their 20's? At least that's what it felt like when I watched it, and that's not really the demographic that you'd expect of a Ghostbusters fan. I'm all for expanding the appeal, but never at the cost of the content itself.

I don't think the actresses collectively were the right pick for the roles as there really was near-zero chemistry between them all. This could've been the director's fault, as at many times in the film you could tell the director just had the actresses ad lib scenes to try to get natural humor... which always fell flat. Maybe there was some gold cut from the film, but I doubt it. However, despite the individual talents of actors/actresses, you can't always put individual talent together and have a great ensemble chemistry.

Part of what made the original Ghostbusters a success, as well as any ensemble movie, is the chemistry between the characters that was genuinely funny and entertaining. Individually, actresses like McCarthy can be very funny and entertaining, but you have to have the right setting. Instead of trying to develop this chemistry, I feel the director spent more time milking the Hemsworth role of "I'm a dumb yet adorable hunk" shtick. And yes, quite a few of the jokes and scenes did come off as sexist/racist, but the film doubled down by implying it was okay because a women or a black person said it.

Was there political crap shoved in that was completely unnecessary? Absolutely, and it was certainly cringe-worthy and detracted from the entertainment value of the film. However, it was just one aspect of the film that made it bleh, but it's also generally recognizable symptom that dooms a movie (which is why these types of films get the SJW label, as they tend to share the same pitfall): focusing too much on things that don't matter instead of the things that actually do. When watching the movie, half the time I was taken out of the movie and questioned why they made certain decisions about the content left in the movie. Attention to detail should matter and is what makes a great movie. Certain dialogue or words or even entire scenes/interactions felt like they were just squeezed into the movie, despite having little or no bearing beyond their individual messaging and always coming off as cheap. Again, it could be the director dropping the ball or Sony executives micromanaging the crap out of a movie, but the entire movie felt like a half-baked agenda-pushing cash-grab instead of a project where the basis was a genuinely entertaining idea.

All that being said, the franchise could be done again and much better. We have the Spider-Man franchise with Sony that's undergone so many reboots but we're finally getting to some very entertaining products, like Into the Spiderverse. As long as the director at the helm of this upcoming film treats the franchise with respect and care, we can have an entertaining Ghostbusters movie again. Considering the director is basically following upon the legacy of his father, I will be cautiously optimistic.

...I left responses to 2. and 3. off just to keep the post short. I'll just say that sequels generally have a hard time meeting or surpassing the original (maybe Aliens and T2: Judgement Day at time off the top of my head actually hit that level of success). And I never played the video games, but wasn't the original script for the sequel to Ghostbusters 2 used as the basis for the video games you mentioned?
    Why do you love Trump so much?? https://www.cbr.com/leslie-jones-gho...-donald-trump/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    She's just a bitter b**ch since the movie she starred in will be erased from the Ghostbusters canon, like an else world's plot.

For those of you who also like Supernatural and may not have seen it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsy06n-omrg&t=479s

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    1. Reboot was aweful because the director didn't work off the women's talents and instead went for potty jokes and even made Leslie Jones the stereotypical angry black woman. Queef jokes, boob jokes, and even "Because im black" jokes. The Villian is a guy who was bullied and the movie ends with shooting a ghost in the dick. Felt very sexist and racist to me.

2. The only bar this movie has to surpass is beating out the 2nd movie. Lets face it, Ghostbusters 1 was lightning in a bottle and even the same cast, writers, and directors could NOT capture it again. 2nd movie was good, but it wasn't amazing like the first one.

3. This should be called Ghostbusters 4 because to me, the real Ghostbusters 3 was on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 with the video game.
    You almost gave me a heart attack with the third point. For a moment I thought.. Nevermind

Chris hemsworth was literally the only funny thing in that god awful movie and because he proved he could do comedy we then got Thor Ragnarok!

So thank you ghostbusters 3 you steaming pile of crap for at least establishing hemsworth as more then eye candy.