Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not to be super edgy or whatever, but the people tbh.

The really annoying minority of players ruins the fun for me. Can't really help it.

Don't get me wrong, there are things to point out in current WoW that has issues, but I'm pretty easily pleased in regards to that stuff.

Even the 60 year old grandma from my guild has better things to do than wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Because I’m in that 90% that makes the train still run.

Reverting the question, why you and your nerdy friends don’t go playing another MMORPG that requires 300 hours per month just to get one piece of gear?

The likes of you are simply frustrated by the fact that being nerdy 24/7/365 don’t give you THAT advantage on normal players anymore. I’m sorry, time changes.
    Ill answer that question for you, because game was at its prime when you had to actually put some dedication and invest time in your character.

Game is dying and its because of accessibility to its contents, people do no like casual games, they are boring and stale, no sense of gratification.

And that sucks when I, who has spent thousands of hours on my class, have no advantage on a CASUAL who has no clue what the flying fuck is going on with his/her class.

P.S. on what you are basing that 90% are casuals today?
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

The game is fine. The players are fucked.

It's insanely simple what's wrong with WoW and this isn't me saying that I'm right and everybody else is wrong but the fact is the game is tedious in every form and fashion.

1. AP is the biggest culprit, I'm sorry but how many people want to grind levels on a neck after doing this in Legion with the weapon?

2. Adding ranks to professions was terrible, to make professions grindy was just dumb. When they added questlines to them what was the point? They're there to make money and they shouldn't be such a drag. They already took enough time to level, we didn't need ranks on top of it.

3. Timegating content, this is brutal too, in an attempt to get you to log on every week they space the quests out over a two month period. It's just unnecessary, if a quest has you craft something or collect something that takes awhile fine but we shouldn't have so much content timegated.

4. Reputations are brutally boring and redundant. Remember when you would finish out a rep, buy your rewards and move on? It's not the case now, they take content that should be one and done and make it reusable.

5. World quests are not as good as daily quests for the same reason as reps. Remember when you would do your skettis dailies for a few weeks, earn the rep, collect the rewards and move on? It's the same problem as reps, no one wants to farme WQs daily for AP and War resources or w/e the stupid emissary has to offer.

6. Things like achievements have even become tedious, I remember when pet battling was just collect and battle for achieves, now they use WQs to keep you logging in to see if you get the one quest you need for the specific family of pets you need.

A lot of WoW has always been grindy but content that you grinded out became obsolete, now it seems they're content on recycling content. No one wants to do the same WQs a year and a half into the game for AP gains.

Also Island expeditions and Warfronts aren't engaging at all.

To me and this is just my opinion, they took Legion and just added a new coat of paint. It's literally the same content and nothing about it is engaging or fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    The story has to very quickly divert from MoP route, all those Garrosh/Sylv parallels are super annoying and not intriguing at all.

I hope they surprise us, but 10+ years in WoW taught me to be rather pessimistic with Blizz when it comes to their story.
    Also, I want them to fix the Alliance / Horde imbalance. It just ain't fun that the alliance side is dying out, everyone leaves for horde cause its easier.

Make racials swapable and don't aggravate the problem with belf and other OP racials. Really stupid.
    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Ill answer that question for you, because game was at its prime when you had to actually put some dedication and invest time in your character.

Game is dying and its because of accessibility to its contents, people do no like casual games, they are boring and stale, no sense of gratification.

And that sucks when I, who has spent thousands of hours on my class, have no advantage on a CASUAL who has no clue what the flying fuck is going on with his/her class.

So only no lifers should be able to play the game and anyone with any kind of job that's actually full time, let alone something like shift work (You know where one week could be 6am start, another 9pm start etc etc) should all gtfo just to please the epeen swinging elitist wannabes?

Character progression doesn't feel like it exists. Instead of progressing though content and moving onto new content you do the same content on a slightly higher difficulty until the next patch and then you continue to most of the exact same content to farm for something silly like a mount you'll never use or that elusive titan forge that will most likely drop a week before the next patch when the item level raises. You used to be able to farm an item and once you got that item great. Now you can get your item but if it doesn't titan forge with a socket, well you still didn't get it. Feels lame man.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    1. CLASS DESIGN! How to fix: bring it back to MOP-level. (90% players would agree with this)

2. Azerite gear. How to fix: REMOVE IT.

3. RNG charade. Yes, WOW was always about RNG. But we had RNG just with boss drops. Now we have rng in: M+ chests, pvp chests, pvp wins, daily quests, emissary, paragon boxes, azerite, in our rotation wf/tf items...... etc, etc, etc... How to fix: Bring back pvp/pve vendors. JP/VP/HP/CP points. remove WF/TF and isntead bring back stat-reforger.

Fix these 3, and game would be 99% better place.
    spec dependent....on your #1 point....i will gladly take festerblight unholy back...i never want to see howling blast spam frost dk back ever again though

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So only no lifers should be able to play the game and anyone with any kind of job that's actually full time, let alone something like shift work (You know where one week could be 6am start, another 9pm start etc etc) should all gtfo just to please the epeen swinging elitist wannabes?
    WoW has always been far, far from being a "nolifer" game, not even in Vanilla/BC - unless you wanted to participate in raid progression, in which case it was as nolifer as it's today. I don't buy that excuse of ZOMG I HAEV 12 KIDZ WORK 8 DEYZ A WEEK WTF BLIZZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

That's so not true. You can play Vanilla without nolifing it and have fun.

Today's iteration of WoW feels like a complete brainfuck to me. As others pointed out, there is no sense of character progression, you hit maxlevel, and within a few hours after that you can be raid ready. That's just ridiculous.

Also the removal of all the rpg elements is just killing the immersion, imo. It's not a game anymore. A game is about playing. But there's no longer space for playfulness in WoW. Everything had to be streamlined, optimized, patronized, etc. There's nothing playful about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has lost the community.

Game is dying because it’s now a teenager and its gameplay is almost the same of when it was a baby. Keeping it hc won’t save it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is dying because it’s now a teenager and its gameplay is almost the same of when it was a baby. Keeping it hc won’t save it.
    Game is dying because it became so accessible and easy, shallow. Its gameplay is not the same my man, its chewed up and spat our for every retard to understand. Game is dying because blizzard struck a bad deal, its dying because of toxic community it attracted over the years. Honestly when I was playing that game it felt so much different, the players and guilds. Its an MMORPG game what gameplay change you ask?

Have you read what I said on last paragraph? Its very simple you want high end content and super powerful items in game? So put some time and skill in it! Every single thing that you acquire should feel like you deserved it, progress and become stronger OVER TIME. Its the basis of everything you do in IRL, you cannot get smart or strong in one day or week, you have to PUT EFFORT and TIME in it. If you have a job, we understand but the ones who put more TIME in game or specific area should not feel like their efforts has been in vein. Do not expect to get reward for every single step you take, because you are not doing anything REWARDING!

10+ Year Old Account
    For me a big part is the classes, specs that need some real work done on them and the Devs answer to this is "Here! Have some damage, all better!". Too lazy to actually put work into bad clunky specs and they act like giving them more damage is gonna suddenly fix all the problems.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    For me a big part is the classes, specs that need some real work done on them and the Devs answer to this is "Here! Have some damage, all better!". Too lazy to actually put work into bad clunky specs and they act like giving them more damage is gonna suddenly fix all the problems.
    Ikr... I happened to main Prot Warrior and Shadow Priest in BfA
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Game is dying because it became so accessible and easy, shallow. Its gameplay is not the same my man, its chewed up and spat our for every retard to understand. Game is dying because blizzard struck a bad deal, its dying because of toxic community it attracted over the years. Honestly when I was playing that game it felt so much different, the players and guilds. Its an MMORPG game what gameplay change you ask?

Have you read what I said on last paragraph? Its very simple you want high end content and super powerful items in game? So put some time and skill in it! Every single thing that you acquire should feel like you deserved it, progress and become stronger OVER TIME. Its the basis of everything you do in IRL, you cannot get smart or strong in one day or week, you have to PUT EFFORT and TIME in it. If you have a job, we understand but the ones who put more TIME in game or specific area should not feel like their efforts has been in vein. Do not expect to get reward for every single step you take, because you are not doing anything REWARDING!
    FGS, stop comparing a game to real life. There’s enough effort IRL.

Let games just be games.

I have a strong feeling the biggest issue with BFA after season 2 begins will be community perception. New raid looks phenomenal, Reaping looks like a ton of fun rather than Infested making high keys a slog, first 3 raid bosses dropping all azerite slots which have an extra ring of traits... Not seeing what not to dig, but I'm always kind of a wow optimist I guess. I just like the game

10+ Year Old Account
    FGS, stop comparing a game to real life. There’s enough effort IRL.

Let games just be games.
    Games are good because they have same concept. It is true even if you are trying to neglect it. More obstacles you remove from game easier it becomes right? Easy game is not attractive, not fulfilling. Grind those raids for no actual purpose just to wait new expansion where you will grind leveling zones in DAYS and rinse and repeat again.

Let me add one more thing, game should be dictating how players should play the it, not fitting itself to players needs and desires.
    Last edited by Spichora; 2019-01-20 at 12:59 AM.

the grinding is not fun