Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Why oh why did they take Civics class out of school?
    Study Economics and know why this won't work.

Consider the USA as a large corporation. See the case studies on how they fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are Trumpsters so obsessed over this stupid fucking wall anyways? If it was so important, why didn't you fight for it, while you had both houses of Congress?
    Putin khuliyo

Man, the lying right is trying really hard to sell Trump's Fuckup as literally anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    There is a faint scent of bait to this thread....
    Then we all better be on our best behavior and not do anything that might cause a problem. Football wouldn’t be as fun if you could just picked the ball up with your hands and ran it it for the score. Rules are important...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    OK, I'll bite .. what does she want then?
    She wants border security that is humane and works, not a wall, gullible sheep. Go back to your pasture.

10+ Year Old Account

???

Economics explains why we took civics class out of school?

What are you talking about?

Also, the USA is not a large corporation, nor should it be.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

That's an odd statement to make considering the guy in charge of the United States has proven to fail constantly when in command of businesses.

But we know you didn't come here to argue in good faith.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

And a wall won't stop a caravan.

Especially since most of them turned themselves in to border patrol to apply for asylum, so yes, the money is better suited in paying officials to help process them.
    Even the most liberal news station on the planet, CNN, noted how safe areas seemed around places with walls.

ps - He got repremanded for saying that on air. He was not supposed to promote walls to deter criminal activity or border crossings. OOPS!

Surely this thread is a wind up?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’m not surprised that you think that post meant I think Trump’s shutdown is a good thing. Read it again... lol
    Oh if you didn't think it was pro Trump why ask?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    There is a faint scent of bait to this thread....
    I think "sincerely held political belief" was the term given by this site. And to be honest, I believe it. Sure there are people out there who feign belief in one thing or another just to rile up posters, but I've seen this one's beliefs posted on my Facebook feed too many times to think it's just that.

So, where's that "open borders" policy from old Nancy? How is she enriching her family? Come on @Vineri. Let's hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the most liberal news station on the planet, CNN, noted how safe areas seemed around places with walls.

ps-he got repremanded for saying that on air.
    Yes, localized walls in small regions work.

2000 mile long walls through rivers, rugged terrain and across hundreds of square miles of private property not so much.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Oh if you didn't think it was pro Trump why ask?
    Because the emphasis is that not even a person that claims to support Trump, can actually start a thread about the positives his has done. This thread is a mirror of at least two other threads, if that doesn’t explain what is going on... no words that I am aware of will be able to explain.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

ps - He got repremanded for saying that on air. He was not supposed to promote walls to deter criminal activity or border crossings. OOPS!
    And Fox News proved how a wall can be over come by digging under it....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/30-unacco...l-into-arizona

I'm drunk and it's late. Is this thread even real?

Yes, localized walls in small regions work.

2000 mile long walls through rivers, rugged terrain and across hundreds of square miles of private property not so much.
    Uh huh .. CNN is devoted to telling everyone about how useless these "archaic" walls are .. but then ..

HAHAH

Walls work, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh huh .. CNN is devoted to telling everyone about how useless these "archaic" walls are .. but then ..

HAHAH

Walls work, eh?
    Yes.

Like I said earlier. In smaller localized areas.
    Putin khuliyo

Yes.

Like I said earlier. In smaller localized areas.
    So only smaller, localized areas should be privy to a national broadcast?

I call Bullshit.

OK, I'll bite .. what does she want then?
    Well if you actually read or watched anything other than FAUX News you would know the Dems want more technology in terms of cams, sensors, and drones, fixes/upgrades to existing border structures, more patrol officers, and more judges to handle the incoming asylum and immigration cases. One of the problems with Trumps stance, out of many, is illegal crossings have been trending down for 10 years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    5-6 Billion seems like alot, until you weigh in how much it costs the USA to combat drugs and illegal migration (which is closer to a Trillion)
    Even if a giant wall was created that spanned the entire border, and we pretend that no one would climb over it or dig underneath it, it still wouldn't fix America's drug problems.